Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Has anyone flown in Business class with flat bed seats?

I appreciate my experiences haave been from LHR - not the states - but I have used both EVA business, and was flown home for medical reasons BA business. Of the two, I could not get the EVA seat anywhere near flat - it was always kinked - and that meant my spine couldn't cope with it. BA had a flat "bed" - but it was more bench like than bed like for me. Service on EVA was far superior.

Interesting to read earlier in this thread that OMAN had good seats/beds - I'm treating myself and flying with them next week...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone,even you Google Tom (sort of) who has responded.I'm looking forward to my 21 hrs in the air on Aug 1-2.

As an aside,I see Delta is upgrading the equipment between Narita and BKK from an Airbust A330-200 to a A330-300 in the Fall.

Edited by LTGTR
Can you explain what "CA Asian" and "BE seats" mean?I was not aware DL uses 767s to Asia.

Sure...

The SFO, PDX and the morning LAX DL flights to NRT (NRT is DL’s Asian hub)are on original Delta metal 767’s that have not been updated. The afternoon DL LAX flight is a 744 and it also still has the old cradle seats in BE. BE is an abbreviation for DL’s “Business Elite” class; as they have named it. The SEA and SLC flights to NRT are on original Northwest metal 333’s and 332’s. IMHO (and the far majority of posters on FlyerTalk) the A330’s are a much better ride transpac in both BE and Y due to better seats, layout and AVOD. Compared to the competition, the 767’s are an embarrassment to DL… but they realize this and are starting to upgrade their fleet. Unfortunately their plans are, and they have placed these upgraded planes on transatlantic routes first. Hopefully we will see the 330’s return to SFO (they were replaced by the 767 this past June into the bookable future), but PDX is a throwaway route by DL and they will be stuck with those old planes till the end.

I have not flown in a new DL Cosmo seat; but the reviews from those who have are very positive. DL's second quarter reports were very promising, their cash flow is ahead of budget; we can only hope that this will speed up their planed upgrade schedules.

United's new business class is pretty excellent. It's totally flat and the entertainment center is very good. If you have the choice, opt for the new configuration instead of the old one. The old business class seats are a joke in comparison. The one reason I stick with United is for its system-wide upgrades. If you hit 1K status, you get six one-way upgrades a year. Flying in business makes the trip so much easier.

I've also flown Cathay Pacific's business class. While it's not as new as the UAL business seats, they're very similar and the service is much better.

Interesting to read earlier in this thread that OMAN had good seats/beds - I'm treating myself and flying with them next week...

Oman's biz class is as good as anybody's and way beyond anything of a comparable price.

Edited by CheshireTom
I have read the thread I started and still looking forward to your answer to my question. :unsure: indeed

It was a simple question or so I thought. :devil

CT has thrown the toys out of the pram since BigD got reinstated on the main board! :D
CT has thrown the toys out of the pram since BigD got reinstated on the main board! :rolleyes:

fuck him. anyone who calls another bm a liar because he temporarily disabled the ignore button to read something he posted is a piece of dog ..........

and he did it more than once. who the fuck really cares what that jerk thinks?

fuck him. anyone who calls another bm a liar because he temporarily disabled the ignore button to read something he posted is a piece of dog ..........

and he did it more than once. who the fuck really cares what that jerk thinks?

Obviously, you do. And Jacko. And LTGTR. :nod :poke

Edited by CheshireTom
Obviously, you do. And Jacko. And LTGTR. :nod :P
Boo hooo, BigD got back in despite the infantile post in the poll. :D Edited by jacko
:P

Here's the relevant part of the seat map if you are going to choose in advance.

Row 14 seems to be a good choice. Don't ask me why though. :D

Edited by CheshireTom
LOL. I was only winding you up. It obviously worked a treat.

Me too... mine worked a special treat! :rolleyes:

All this flat bed stuff..... I felt uncomfortable in the Qatar flat position, and had to tilt it back up a few degrees.

Edited by jacko
I think UAL's Business Class 180 degree seats are competitive with the First Class seats now. I see no reason to go with 1st Class, except for the wine selection :D

Martin if I fly UA on the 747's they have the new business seats, as of last month on the 777's they still have the old business seats.

Sure...

The SFO, PDX and the morning LAX DL flights to NRT (NRT is DL’s Asian hub)are on original Delta metal 767’s that have not been updated. The afternoon DL LAX flight is a 744 and it also still has the old cradle seats in BE. BE is an abbreviation for DL’s “Business Elite” class; as they have named it. The SEA and SLC flights to NRT are on original Northwest metal 333’s and 332’s. IMHO (and the far majority of posters on FlyerTalk) the A330’s are a much better ride transpac in both BE and Y due to better seats, layout and AVOD. Compared to the competition, the 767’s are an embarrassment to DL… but they realize this and are starting to upgrade their fleet. Unfortunately their plans are, and they have placed these upgraded planes on transatlantic routes first. Hopefully we will see the 330’s return to SFO (they were replaced by the 767 this past June into the bookable future), but PDX is a throwaway route by DL and they will be stuck with those old planes till the end.

I have not flown in a new DL Cosmo seat; but the reviews from those who have are very positive. DL's second quarter reports were very promising, their cash flow is ahead of budget; we can only hope that this will speed up their planed upgrade schedules.

Nice to see somene else is very familiar with my company!

i always fly cathay pacific, put the seat down and sleep 8-10 hours like a baby, wake up refreshed and ready to hit beach road!!!

i always fly cathay pacific, put the seat down and sleep 8-10 hours like a baby, wake up refreshed and ready to hit beach road!!!

And then realise you're only in Hong Kong ...... :ang2

Changed my arrival date and I'm arriving at Narita from DTW instead,so that means a NW 747-400 relic instead of the 777LR.

Crap............. :allright

Edited by LTGTR

Ooooh I like Oman Business seats!

Quite firm to sit on, and when reclined you still - obviously - have the contours of the seat on the matress, but very comfortable. Food OK, service same same, but no cute Asians to drool over.

Only disapointlment was the business lounge at Muscat - large room with leather sofas, a couple of pcs in a corner, and some food/drink serveries. If there was a shower i didn't see it. Not looking forward to the 4 hour plus layover on the return leg....

In the few years i have been coming long distance to Thailand(from the UK), always at Xmas / new year.

First year 2005, i flew Thai air business class on the 747-400. bloody terrible lie flat seats and a very small seat pitch, i promised

myself i would never fly with them again.(paid approx £1500)

Next year 2006, i flew Etihad pearl (business) brilliant, best i had seen, flat bed and lots of room and easy

access in and out of the seats, great food and drink, nice size tv screens(15 inch), excellent all round.(paid approx £1300)

Etihad.jpg

2007 i had booked Etihad out of Gatwick, booked early and paid approx £1500, then i hear rumours that Etihad

were moving from Gatwick to Heathrow, everyone denied it and then it turned out to be true, travel agent wanted

me to change airport to Heathrow, fly a day earlier going out, spend 9 hours in Abu Dhabi airport on the way home,

no way, i told them to stick it up their ass and flew Thai air(oh shit), Paid Thai £1960 and they were running two versions

of the 747, one with the old seats at approx 50 inch pitch and the newer one at approx 60inch pitch, got the newer one going

out and the old one coming back, SWORE blind i would never fly thai again :P

Newer business seat on Thai

Thai-Business-Class-Seat.gif

2008, Had some extra money, booked Thai air first class, come the weeks before my flight the yellow shirts took over Suvarnabhumi

airport, couldn't risk not flying so i changed flight destination to Manila on Cathay Pacific business, had paid £3100 for Thai first, with

the late change the Cathay flight cost me £2800 + £175 change fee, Cathay had the same type seats as Etihad but slightly less width

and a different configuration but they were very good flat beds, food was ok and Cathay had chilled cabinets between business and Economy

where you could go and pick tubs of ice cream/chocolate etc when you wanted, not bad 1luv

jun08-cathay-business-class.jpg

2009, i was using better search engines for flights (Kayak/Travelsupermarket etc) had Kayak send me a weekly email of the best prices

for my journey/dates, was watching Emirates and the prices were dropping, business class got down to £1600 in May 2009 and First class

was on offer at £2580, went for the first class as two of the journey legs were on the A380 with the showers in first and suites, first leg

was on the 777-300ER with a suite, next was the A380 and return to Dubai, last leg was on a 777-200 with older lie flat seats, all in all

the suites were wonderful, showers were great and the food and drink was good, (except i asked for ice cream on the A380 and they said

they don't have any- IN FIRST CLASS how can that be ??), plus the planes on Emirates were much too hot, i know its an arab airline and

they all like it warm but that was ridiculous, coming back i showered on the plane before landing at Dubai, with 20 mins i was sweating badly,

showered and changed into fresh clothes in Dubai first class lounge and was dripping with sweat within 20 minutes of being back on the plane.

first class suite i had on 3 legs of this journey

Emirates-A380-First-Class-Suite-Full-Flat-Bed.jpg

2010, i have been watching the prices since February, bloody hell, they are trying to save Dubai by charging me an arm and a leg, Emirates

wanted £3100 for business class on the same flights as last year and £3900 for first, Cathay and Singapore wanted £5000 for business class

and the best i could come up with for my dates/times was Thai in business class, oh shit :thumbup seems i got the last seat on business for the

flight i wanted going out and paid £2200, bloody crazy :clap1

Oh well, at least its a direct flight(hopefully) :P

In the few years i have been coming long distance to Thailand(from the UK), .....
Thanks for that post, I found it interesting and a useful read...

Got myself on Ethiad business class in September and now I am quite looking forward to it. My usual carrier, Qatar, couldn't match their price and Ethiad throw in Limo pick-ups. :clap1

Nice update glyn.So by the looks of the newer Thai business,it's not lie flat or just not so as pictured?But I do like the color.Not crazy about the side by side though.

Edited by LTGTR

Click the pics for the bigger picture -

th_16892_hols_195_122_389lo.JPGth_16896_hols_196_122_164lo.JPGth_16902_hols_197_122_425lo.JPGth_16904_hols_198_122_218lo.JPG

th_16909_hols_199_122_589lo.JPG

Some pics from my Emirates first class trip, 23 inch tv in the suites, superb on demand movies/music etc, i spent most of my time listening to music as they had the top 10 or so records from

every years since about 1952, food was good, had the option of Caviar etc, didn't try it, prawn curry is best for me :teeth: