Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Rideher Cup 2010 is open for entries!

Possibly the greatest golf event in Asia, this prestigious tournament is in it's 9th Year. This matchplay event pitches Europe's finest golfers against the cream of the USA. Mix in a few Aussies and Kiwis, blend with a Thai or two and you have a field of the world's greatest golfers! The event is delicately poised with 3 victories to Europe, 4 to USA and 1 draw. Last year's event was a real thriller with USA winning the famous trophy.

This year's event will take place on Wednesday 3rd November at Burapha.

Full details about the event are on this web site. Entries will be limited to 24 for each team so get your name down fast. Please enter as 2 player teams. If you do not have a partner, post here and soneone will volunteer to team up with you.

To enter, post the following here on the board:

Your board name, handicap, nationality and shirt size.

Then send me an email to sales@solargolf.co.uk with your full name and your email address. I will then add you to the circulation list for more information about the event.

The cost will be around 3,700 baht including:

Green fee

Caddy fee

Buggy - 1 per player

Transport

Prizes

Souvenir polo shirt

Food and party at FLB on 3rd November.

We will be holding a Captains selection evening at FLB on Tuesday 2nd November around 8.30 pm. This is where the captains select the pairings and order of play!

I look forward to a full turnout for the 2010 RideHer Cup.

Get those entries rolling in!

The RideHer Cup will be part of a 3 week programme of golf activities including a road trip to Hua Hin departing Pattaya on Sunday 7th November. You can find details about the programme in a separate post.

Doggie

Edited by doghaus

Hi Callum,

I will be back for No 9.

As always will play with any partner that will have me and any team that will have me. :rolleyes:

Handicap - the max. :rolleyes: Australian. Shirt XXL

:chogdee

It looks like you're stuck with me again, Callum. Unless business obligations get in the way, I'll be there.

Hcp -- 6

Shirt -- Large

Team -- US, of course

Count me in Callum, (I'll be arriving in Patts on Halloween).

Shirt size XXl, (I.E., "Fat Fucker"). :o

HDCP,, 21.8, (I.E., "This guy shouldn't be allowed on the course",, I'll just slow up the pace of play. :kissing :rolleyes:

Count me in Callum, (I'll be arriving in Patts on Halloween).

Shirt size XXl, (I.E., "Fat Fucker"). :rolleyes:

HDCP,, 21.8, (I.E., "This guy shouldn't be allowed on the course",, I'll just slow up the pace of play. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Guys. Keep the entries coming in. I have had more entries by email so it looks like a lot of the usual suspects are returning for more punishment!

Doggie

Edited by doghaus
Sorry to hear that Brian. Hope all is well with you.

Doggie

Got a bit of surgery coming up, nothing life threatening, I'm planning a April trip - AFTER Songkran!

Looking forward to the reports of a European win in November, :kissing

I have just confirmed the price for the RideHer Cup 2010. We will keep it the same price as 2009 - 3,700 baht per player.

We are offering a special package for the 2010 Festival. If you enter all 3 events - BabyDolls, RideHer Cup and Mistys Open the price will be 10,000 baht for all 3. This is a saving of 500 baht compared with entering individual events.

Plenty of entries rolling in! I have had additional entries by email so I will post a full list a bit later.

Doggie.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm up for any of the comps.

Just a single golfer from the US, but don't care who I play for as long as I play.

If there's anybody else who'd like to play and just wants to have some fun days of golf then that'd be fine by me and we might get lucky wink.gif

No clue what my handicap is...I'd say I average about 100 strokes/18 holes - I'm bad...birdie's rare, pars medium, bogey's often.

XXL

Just 2 months to go and we have 28 entries already confirmed for the 2010 RideHer Cup. There are still 20 places left so please get your entry in soon to avoid being "waitlisted".

I played Burapha on Monday and it is in great condition after hosting the Thailand Open. It will only get better as we reach the end of the rainy season so I expect a top class set-up for our event.

If you need hotel rooms please email us at sales@solargolf.co.uk and we can give you some great rates at our partner hotels. We also have some 2, 3 and 4 bedroom houses available with full maid service for weekly rentals.

Keep the entries flowing in!

Doggie

• 2 weeks later...

Doggy

I will not be able to attend ,But my Brother Art Benavidez Playing at PSC Handi-cap 19.5 Large Shirt and His friends Tom White and Ronny Macias both Playing at Maximum 28 Handi-cap .If they are very lucky to get under 30 H.C. both XL shirts

Doggy

I will not be able to attend ,But my Brother Art Benavidez Playing at PSC Handi-cap 19.5 Large Shirt and His friends Tom White and Ronny Macias both Playing at Maximum 28 Handi-cap .If they are very lucky to get under 30 H.C. both XL shirts

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Marz. I have been at a trade show in Macau.

Sorry that you can't make it. I will book Art, Tom and Ronny into the competition. Which team would they want to play for?

Best wishes.

Doggie

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Marz. I have been at a trade show in Macau.

Sorry that you can't make it. I will book Art, Tom and Ronny into the competition. Which team would they want to play for?

Best wishes.

Doggie

Playing for USA

• 1 month later...

We had a great day at Burapha on November 3rd. 32 players competed in the 9th RideHer Cup.

And the winners are:

EUROPE

The Europeans won by a margin of 10 - 6.

More to follow when Frosty has uploaded the photos.

Congratulations to the winners. The series now stands at 4 matches each with 1 draw.