Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premiership 2010-11

Winners?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sounds like we got the goal of the year!

Yes, he has been saving that up all summer. Didn't want to waste it on a World cup, did he now ? :whistling:

He will have to repeat that for England at least five times, before I stop calling him a c##t. :sh

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I right in thinking that if Man City win their next game and go 3rd, then Arsenal will have to qualify for the champs league through play offs?   And who is the new American shareholder? Is he l

Is that because they speaka de language of Brazil ?

Yes, he has been saving that up all summer. Didn't want to waste it on a World cup, did he now ? :thumbup

He will have to repeat that for England at least five times, before I stop calling him a c##t. :P

Hi,

Great goal no doubt.

hi Wac,

Smart move by Arsene to get an away game at Orient for the Cup.

He must have heard that the O's club house is Camera run and has 5 real ales at any one time. :chogdee

They have a beer festival at the club 3rd/ 4th Mar, free admission over thirty real ales on offer. :yikes:

It will make losing to a D1 club that much easier to bear. :angry2:

He must have heard that the O's club house is Camera run and has 5 real ales at any one time. :grin

They have a beer festival at the club 3rd/ 4th Mar, free admission over thirty real ales on offer. :grin

It will make losing to a D1 club that much easier to bear. :allright

Hi,

Seems a good place to go to. West Ham had a good win at the weekend and I hope they stay up. Everton also have a good result and seem to be on the up. Man Utd get the kid glove treatment again. :allright

Referees "Afraid" of Manchester United - Dave Whelan

Read more: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/117383/201...m#ixzz1FLak6RnD

In Manchester United's 4-0 win over Wigan Athletic on Saturday, referee Mark Clattenburg awarded only a free-kick to Wigan after Rooney seemed to deliberately swipe his elbow across James McCarthy's face.

Following the incident many pundits and experts voiced their opinion saying it warranted a red card for Rooney. Many expected Rooney to be punished during the review. However, with Clattenburg awarding Wigan a free-kick, the FA were powerless to act under their own rules and on Monday stated that there would be no further action.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told the Daily Telegraph, "I cannot understand how the FA can say there will be no further action. Manchester United is a great club and Fergie is just simply the best manager, but it is the referees who seem to be afraid of applying the law to United and I don't know why.

"Man United get treated a little bit differently to the rest of the football clubs. I wish they would treat Wigan like that. I wish we could get away with certain things that Man United get away with.

Hi,

Champions Chelsea prove too good for Manchester United in a good game. Hoping Liverpool v Man Utd is as entertaining.

Hi,

King Kenny's Liverpool prove too good for a poor Man Utd side. Arsenal, surprise surprise, are the victims of some very bad officiating decisions. I think something has to be done about this, as anyone who challenges United will be victims of similar bad calls. It's a trend over years .

What can Brentford do that Chelsea can't ?

Beat Everton in a penalty shoot out.

How Cole hit the lad using an air rifle I'll never know. :banghead

Our goalie Richard Lee, save another penalty against Brighton Tuesday, then we scored an own goal, giving them the points !

It can be a cruel game for supporters. :thumbup

What can Brentford do that Chelsea can't ?

Beat Everton in a penalty shoot out.

Hi,

A trip to Wembley for you lot soon. What chance have you got ?

Hi,

A trip to Wembley for you lot soon. What chance have you got ?

We have a terrible record in any final.

We have a home league game against Carlisle on Friday night 25th March- Both sets of fans can sing about going to Wembley. :thumbup

We have over 20,000 going and they have a London branch of supporters, so it should be a good day out, if the trains are running.

We shall be behind the goal, in the "singing " section. "non singing was an option WTF ? :gulp

Orient today, we have had shit luck against the two top teams, hope it changes today.

Orient today, we have had shit luck against the two top teams, hope it changes today.

Hi,

Good result for you. Man Utd seem out of form and Arsenal seem unable to grasp the opportunity. Missing young Polish keeper, bad luck. Mind you they have lost 4 points from dodgy decisions in the recent games against Newcastle and Sunderland. Hard to beat Utd with officiating like that! Can Chelsea come with a late run ? Chelsea impressive against Man City and Everton and Stoke seem to have sealed their positions for next season.

Know what I think ?

Having watched a few cup games on ITV involving Man.U- Man. City, playing against lower opposition, The players look as if they are on autopilot. They seem to lack the oomph of lower divisions. I know the lower teams will play their socks off in a cup game, but Wayne Rooney couldn't get the better of David Hunt our on loan player for Crawley. They won by an odd goal. Man city had to bring Tevez on against Nott's County before they looked like scoring.

I put this down to them playing too much football, they seem shell shocked. So many cups, domestic and European, international qualifying games, friendlies...... the pressure of the premiership title..... Catch up league games that were postponed during the bad weather.

Even lowly Brentford had 6 home games this month, another one Friday.

I know they get paid far too much, but the TV companies expect a lot for their money.

Same goes for the England cricket team. Ashes , one day, twenty twenty, world cup.....

They must get demotivated after a long spell of playing.

That Man City are bunch of spoiled brats. I almost prefer United to them now.

Know what I think ?

I put this down to them playing too much football, they seem shell shocked. So many cups, domestic and European, international qualifying games, friendlies...... the pressure of the premiership title..... Catch up league games that were postponed during the bad weather.

Hi,

I think you are right. Lots of these guys are close to breakdown. Even Torres seems out of sorts.

Having watched a few cup games on ITV involving Man.U- Man. City, playing against lower opposition, The players look as if they are on autopilot. They seem to lack the oomph of lower divisions. I know the lower teams will play their socks off in a cup game, but Wayne Rooney couldn't get the better of David Hunt our on loan player for Crawley. They won by an odd goal. Man city had to bring Tevez on against Nott's County before they looked like scoring.

Great point. I think this applies to other sports, too. There are a lot of matches and a lot of different titles/Cups. It seems to be hard -- and I can understand this -- it seems quite difficult for players to be "up" for every match in every category. For example: "In the old days" derby matches were front page news. Now, at least half the time or more, players are phoning in the matches.

I don't really blame them. Sure, they're getting huge wages, but while you can show up and make the body perform, you can't always be mentally sharp. These guys now play 11 months a year including foreign tours, and train 12 months, and you just can't keep mentally "up" like that.

In North America these days, pro basketball and hockey are 100 games in six months. One of the big issues in the gridiron football strike is whether to add another two games, and another two weeks to the schedule that already has 24 weeks if you win (or lose) the Super Bowl. You can't stay entirely on top of your game for all those matches, some matches will inevitably be approached with that "autopilot" on.

Great point. I think this applies to other sports, too. There are a lot of matches and a lot of different titles/Cups. It seems to be hard -- and I can understand this -- it seems quite difficult for players to be "up" for every match in every category. For example: "In the old days" derby matches were front page news. Now, at least half the time or more, players are phoning in the matches.

I don't really blame them. Sure, they're getting huge wages, but while you can show up and make the body perform, you can't always be mentally sharp. These guys now play 11 months a year including foreign tours, and train 12 months, and you just can't keep mentally "up" like that.

In North America these days, pro basketball and hockey are 100 games in six months. One of the big issues in the gridiron football strike is whether to add another two games, and another two weeks to the schedule that already has 24 weeks if you win (or lose) the Super Bowl. You can't stay entirely on top of your game for all those matches, some matches will inevitably be approached with that "autopilot" on.

TV companies wanting their pound of flesh joe ?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

The record continues.

Yes it was almost predicted by all long term Fans. That was one of the worst performances this season. The team are gutted - especially Sam Suanders who has blossomed after Andy Scott left.

Why that referee didn't play the advantage after a foul well in our own half by Carslisle, when Sam was clear and a free run to the goal I'll never know. Not making excuses- we were crap, but the Ref had been sacked by the FA for being useless- there was an article about it in the Match proggrame and he did come from Lancashire, linesemen from West Yorkshire and Nottingham.

Ah well, Swindon Saturday and to thank us for getting 25,000 to Wembeley, we season ticket holders can take a guest free to the game.

We had a great day. I chatted to The Jamaican blokey, doing Jerk belly of pork at the pub about where he got his meat from etc. he was so pleased to have someone who was interested, he gave us a sample and a free bottle of their own seasoning- bloody hot it was,, so he mixes it with ketchup. We bought three more bottles. Back to the local pub with the Scots Irish and even a Scouse who had been to the game for a sorrow drowning pint - or two. a bloody good day out, non the less.

Mathew Syed, (sport feature writer of the year ) did a nice piece in The Times, about the type of fan that follow lower league clubs. His future father in law has followed Brentford sins 1954.

He called us fans who willingly repudiate the slick, high octane, globally prestigious fare of the Barclays Premier League and opt to express a more basic and in many ways, admirable allegiance....... This is the culture that defines football, the culture upon which the prawn sandwich brigade is parasitic...... our loyalty transcends the the conventional strictures of consumer economics..... without these fans, football would lose the cachet that is so craved by modern owners....

He ended by saying - This may not be sport at it's most excellent, but it is certainly sport at its most evocative.

I liked that.

He ended by saying - This may not be sport at it's most excellent, but it is certainly sport at its most evocative.

I liked that.

Hi,

Yeah, I think the real fans follow those teams. I think you have better fun than those who follow the "Big Teams". Getting on my hobby horse again Man Utd got more dodgy penalty decisions against Hammers and Chelsea. One for them and one turned down for Chelsea. These add up to trophies in the end.

Hi,

Man Utd awarded a critical first offside goal as they beat Fulham. Arsenal and Chelsea fail to impress but scrape home against struggling sides. Everton seem to be finishing the season strongly. Moyes has done well there IMO but not all their supporters are happy with him.

I suppose half of Thailand is wearing black armbands after The City win at Wembley ?

One thing the Thais get right is the way they pronounce Rooney ! :clueless

I suppose half of Thailand is wearing black armbands after The City win at Wembley ?

One thing the Thais get right is the way they pronounce Rooney ! :rolleyes:

Hi,

I had a nice result on Saturday and then the ref plays 4 mins extra time in extra time on Sunday. :clueless Bizarre stuff that.

Hi,

I had a nice result on Saturday and then the ref plays 4 mins extra time in extra time on Sunday. :rolleyes: Bizarre stuff that.

You are referring to the Arsenal - liverpool game ,yes? Nothing bizzare about it, as explained here:

You are referring to the Arsenal - liverpool game ,yes? Nothing bizzare about it, as explained here:

Hi,

Absolute bollocks! Its the equivalent of 20 mins extra time after 45 mins play. How often has that happened ?

Hi,

Absolute bollocks! Its the equivalent of 20 mins extra time after 45 mins play. How often has that happened ?

I can't figure out how you got to 20 mins extra-time after 45mins play-confusing me that.

It's irrellevant how many times it's happened ,although you must have heard of "Fergie-time" :rolleyes:

What's important is that the Referee played it by the book & suspended time at the appropriate times during the added extra-time & allowed the game to be played out to the full alloted 8 mins added extra-time. :unsure: Well done Andre mariner :clueless

I can't figure out how you got to 20 mins extra-time after 45mins play-confusing me that.

Well done Andre mariner :allright

Hi,

4 mins is half of 8. Which is equivalent to 22 and a half mins in a 45 minute half. It took an outsider to blow the whistle on the politicians, so lets hope somebody does the same to the Premiership referees.