Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mr.T Taxi Service

I talked to Mr T taxi service on the phone and he said 1000 including tolls from the airport for my upcoming trip; that is 200 cheaper than Mr Toom.

If Mr T cost anymore than 1000 then I would simply get one of the many taxis waiting at the airport or the bus for 200 baht if the time suited.

No justification in paying 1200 baht when you can get a taxi for 1000.

The "waiting taxis" are now parked in two zones, each controlled and serviced by a number of staff manning half a dozen ticket counters in each zone. Those staff match passengers to drivers. The advertised cost to Pattaya is currently 1.5k Baht + tolls + 50 Baht airport fee (think of it as the taxi equivalent of a barfine). How do you circumnavigate those controls - in particular, the 50 Baht fee?

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers. No need to take the minibus as I always travel solo       Yes thats what I was thinking as well. Are you going down to 900 now ? Ill book a taxi with you if you do

If thats the case, ignore all my comments about Mr Toom, I must have got my taxi firms mixed up

Posted Images

The "waiting taxis" are now parked in two zones, each controlled and serviced by a number of staff manning half a dozen ticket counters in each zone. Those staff match passengers to drivers. The advertised cost to Pattaya is currently 1.5k Baht + tolls + 50 Baht airport fee (think of it as the taxi equivalent of a barfine). How do you circumnavigate those controls - in particular, the 50 Baht fee?

Just because the advertised price is 1500+ tolls+50 Baht airport fee doesn't mean one can't negotiate the price lower.

Just because the advertised price is 1500+ tolls+50 Baht airport fee doesn't mean one can't negotiate the price lower.

That's why I wrote "advertised cost", rather than just "cost". I'm not really interested in what someone actually pays, only if, and how, they circumnavigate the controls that are in place. It would be good info for newbies. Any ideas?

Edited by CheshireTom

I got Mr T to confirm the price we discussed on the phone via email.

"Hello

Everything confirm. Price is 1,000 Baht all included. Please look for your name on the placard near gate no.3 & 4 on 2nd floor. If you have any problem (can't find my driver) please call (+66) 081-2587716 please call (+66) 081-2587716 Thank you

Mr.T"

with regard to Cheshire Tom's query on how anyone can get a taxi for 1000 baht tolls included, it is quite simple to walk past the touts and meet an eager taxi driver that will gladly agree to your offer. ... In all negotiatons one should endeavour to cut out the middle-man.

Smarter taxi drivers realize that it better to get a few runs in each direction quickly rather than piss about waiting inline in the hope someone will pay over the odds.

Many taxi stands get a 200 baht commission when you book your taxi back to the airport and that is why you pay them 200 and the driver 600.

Last time I missed Bell bus I went upstairs to departures and said to the taxi drivers 1000 baht to Pattaya and you pay toll, they were practically fighting for my business so I decided to take a guy with a metered taxi. ...excellent service so I gave him a 100 baht tip which he was not expecting to get.

with regard to Cheshire Tom's query on how anyone can get a taxi for 1000 baht tolls included, it is quite simple to walk past the touts and meet an eager taxi driver that will gladly agree to your offer. ...

I don't follow you. The "waiting taxis" are down one level (or two levels depending on how you count them) and could have been at the airport for hours before they even manage to get to the passenger load zone. Once there, the despatch of those taxis is controlled by AOT staff through two pick-up zones, each with half a dozen desks and a couple of despatch guys in each zone. Are you suggesting that you simply ignore the AOT staff and approach the drivers directly, thereby denying AOT out of their 50 Baht fee, and that taxi drivers are queuing up to do likewise?

In all negotiatons one should endeavour to cut out the middle-man.

Why book with Mr T or Mr Toom then? Anyway, I would suggest that is seriously bad advice to follow at the public taxi pick-up zones at Suvarnabhumi - you could end up generating an awful lot of unnecessary grief for yourself..

Smarter taxi drivers realize that it better to get a few runs in each direction quickly rather than piss about waiting inline in the hope someone will pay over the odds.

Are you saying that it's a smart taxi-driver that simply jumps in front of the hundreds of other taxis waiting in line? Don't you think that the other taxi drivers might have something to say about that?

It obviously works differently up on the departures level where you can piss about for ages before you find a cab that will go to Pattaya, let alone at whatever rate you have in mind.

Edited by CheshireTom
It obviously works differently up on the departures level where you can piss about for ages before you find a cab that will go to Pattaya, let alone at whatever rate you have in mind.

The taxis at departure were screaming at me to come over the moment I stepped outside the door and practically fought over who got my 1000 baht. ...I do not recommend doing this unless you've missed the bus and that is why I pre-book Mr T for his 1000 baht fare when I know the bus time wont suit.

Why do some people persist on trying to convince people that it is almost immoral to save on their holiday expenses?

I have used both Mr Toom and Mr T and if anything Mr T's cars were better.

By using Mr T over Mr Toom it's like I get a free oil massage with the 200 baht that I save.

Whatever happened to mr dream?

The taxis at departure were screaming at me to come over the moment I stepped outside the door and practically fought over who got my 1000 baht. ...I do not recommend doing this unless you've missed the bus and that is why I pre-book Mr T for his 1000 baht fare when I know the bus time wont suit.

I'm confused. Taxis doing a drop-off aren't "waiting taxis". They have a couple of "Enforcer" SUVs with great big klaxons attached purely to ensure that taxis don't hang about the departures area.

Why don't you just go to the public taxi stands and "make an offer" to the waiting drivers for the trip to Pattaya?

Why do some people persist on trying to convince people that it is almost immoral to save on their holiday expenses?

I didn't. Or if I did, I'd appreciate if you'd highlight the relevant comment. I was confused by your description of simply walking outside to the waiting taxis when, as it now appears, you meant go up one level to departures and bargain with a taxi driver doing a drop-off. Of course, 99% of the taxis are Bangkok based, so it's going to be pretty difficult, if not impossible, to identify which one is trying to fit in several return trips to Pattaya.

I have used Mr T exclusively for the past six years and have never had a problem. I use his service for travel all around Thailand. One time my GF hired a van to take her and friends to Udon to make merit in her village. Driver stayed at village for three days and brought them back home. Price was 1,500 a day plus gas. I have also use his service for golf outings, trip to Rayong to catch boat to Koh Samed, Si Racha Tiger Zoo, etc.

Have used Mr. T. about 10 times now.

Very good drivers and good cars and what's important. The drivers are on time (usually there before the agreed time).

Even when I overslept one time the driver still was there when I was 20 minutes late.

Great service.

Have used Mr. T. about 10 times now.

Very good drivers and good cars and what's important. The drivers are on time (usually there before the agreed time).

Even when I overslept one time the driver still was there when I was 20 minutes late.

Great service.

My flight was 4 hours late and the driver did not expect to get a tip .... simply superb service

ok now i am confused :clueless mr t mr toom which one is charging 1000 baht and what email co i use?

bigone

Mr T charges 1000b to go from BKK airport to Pattaya. I think the email is shown above somewhere.

mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

0812587716 , 0813513612 , 038720318

from airport or Bangkok city to Pattaya 1,000 Baht

from Pattaya to airport 900 Baht if to Bangkok city 1,000 Baht

my price is fix never go up or down even on high or low season .

i try to charge cheapest as i can.

mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

0812587716 , 0813513612 , 038720318

from airport or Bangkok city to Pattaya 1,000 Baht

from Pattaya to airport 900 Baht if to Bangkok city 1,000 Baht

my price is fix never go up or down even on high or low season .

i try to charge cheapest as i can.

just booked it only took 10 mins for reply,now thats a quick service

I have used both Mr. T and Mr. Toom -- each have been reliable.

My driver on this past visit (October) told me he works for both of them as well as two other services. He is generally busy most of the time, and accepts bookings from any of the four to keep fully booked.

I don't have my website yet may be in the end of this year.

So you can e-mail me at any time : mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

or booking by phone : +66 81 2587716 , 081 2587716 , 081 3513612

so is it 1000 bht if so ill be landing on wed s :thumbup il confirm if this is correct

well lets see ill try this mr t seeing as good reports whats the taxi like oh well ill try it anyway see you all weds any one else landing not sure details have to check think its the 8th 7.30 ish pm

party :chogdee :thumbup

I used Mr T for the 1st time on Tuesday, emailed him the day before and got a reply within 2 hours. The minibus was waiting for me as I checked out of hotel; surprised at the minibus as I was sole passenger from Pattaya to airport; very comfortable car. Fare was 900 and she did not expect a tip - I did give her 50 but when I tried to give her more she said no and gave it back. I will 100% certainly use them next trip.

Edited by JohnLogieBaird
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone or Mr. T if he's reading this, know how much for something local? If I wanted to go to Ban Chang and there wasn't a BC bar crawl planned what it would cost to go for two or three hours, maybe come back with a LT.