Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mr.T Taxi Service

Just used him last week, booked two day before by email, never had a problem even though my flight was nearly two hours late.

Don't know why you have problems communicating with him. I always put my name flight number and date in the subject line. Try that it might help.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers. No need to take the minibus as I always travel solo       Yes thats what I was thinking as well. Are you going down to 900 now ? Ill book a taxi with you if you do

If thats the case, ignore all my comments about Mr Toom, I must have got my taxi firms mixed up

Posted Images

Just used him last week, booked two day before by email, never had a problem even though my flight was nearly two hours late.

Don't know why you have problems communicating with him. I always put my name flight number and date in the subject line. Try that it might help.

He got back to me with the confirmation and the driver's number. The replies come at all hours of the day Pattaya time as well sometimes 4 am sometimes 10 pm.

Still 1000 Baht and same to and from Bangkok downtown as I always go for a couple days to see the sights and stay in my swanky hotel there.

• 3 weeks later...

I got here Sunday and after 2 minutes at Fasttrack and less than 5 for luggage I beat the guy to the exit, called Mr. T. and the guy showed up parked in the middle of the road outside door 3 with some lady wearing a radio (from the airport I think) looking for me and off we went.

I used them today for a trip to the Sanctuary of Truth. I had to haggle with some big headed loon at Mr. T's office on Soi Diana to get an OK price though.

Wanted 700 Baht to Naklua and back with having to call the guy an hour before leaving. When I told him I can go 140 km to downtown Bangkok for THB1000 , 700 to Naklua sounded a bit steep. Subsequently changed to 500 with the guy waiting for us for over 2 hours at the place. I'd hate to try to get there in a Baht Bus though I saw a couple. It is in the middle of nowhere. Worth seeing it if a bit pricey (THB1200 for the 2 of us).

Holy cow, what a huge amount of work.

Edited by ricktoronto
  • 3 months later...

Using Mr. T Taxi Service to/from Bangkok was one of the best decisions I made for my recent trip to Pattaya!! Easy reservation though email and phone, reliable pick up, friendly service, excellent vehicle, and low cost. You can't beat it!

Just add my first trip lasy year i was 1 1/2 hours early - taxi guy waiting

then trip in december - 2 1/2 hours late due to weather at heathrow - taxi guy waiting

Great service every time

• 2 months later...

Does Mr. T do longer trips? Looking for a taxi from the Airport to Khon Kaen. Anyone used him?

I've gone out on tour for 3/4 of a day (nong Nooch and the like) and also to Bangkok a couple of times and the ex-TG went off to GKW Nakron Phanom (?) or something outside of BKK after the airport, and as long as you can negotiate a price you find agreeable, I get the impression anything is possible.

One thing make sure the driver has heard of where you are going and get one with a usable language. It can be hit or miss at times.

• 4 weeks later...

Used mrT for the first time in june. Great service will use him again in december for sure. If you are in Pattaya you can pop in at his office in soi diana.

Where is that near.?

Does he have a web site yet?

Edited by cicero1520

Directly opposite Areca Lodge down a side alley and on the right.

Down the alley and on your left when I went there about 2 weeks ago. :bhappy

Edit: I guess it's on your right when you are leaving.

Edited by harro1
  • 1 month later...

Used Mr.T on short notice yesterday to BKK and short notice back today. Quick and easy like always.

Jack

who was first here to offer good taxi Mr T----------------- or ----------------Mr Toom ? seems like theres still a lot of coffussion who is whom ???

who was first here to offer good taxi Mr T----------------- or ----------------Mr Toom ? seems like theres still a lot of coffussion who is whom ???

Yes, it's an unfortunate mixup in names...since Mr. T could be Mr. Toom by his abbreviated name. I'm sure they are subject to the confusion as well.

Well im coming next week with mr t who ive used for years and ill relate my experience in this thread.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I used Mr T last month when I arrived in BKK. Driver was on time. He drove safely and had a clean newish car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm Mr.T

and i have read this topic http://www.pattayata...showtopic=46651

it was about i have changed my company name and i have heard a lot of customer come and ask about this.

I just want to come out and tell you that Mr.T is still doing a business (Mr.T is not Mr.Toom) My name is Teung

and i use name Mr.T because my name is very hard to say.

Problem above came because i didn't check e-mail my self and i hire someone to answer e-mail for me (now he owned PT)

but now my son will answer all of my e-mail and he will check twice a day (morning and night).

So i just want to tell you that Mr.T still doing this business with cheapest price in Pattaya.

Thank you ,

P.S. sorry for not good English

haha, what a load of crap,

Took mr "T" again on this boards recommendation. I figured I was one of those caught up in the "mr T/ mr Toom " confusion but in all honesty they are the same in execution and/ or service if not one in the same.

Went in monday night and inquired about a trip to the airport via Chon Buri, was quoted 900 and then 100 more for the detour, Ok I thought even tho I usually pay 800 all in and booked it, Car arrived early and it was a good start. Looked at the car and it was clean and newish tho I later discovered it had 300,000 km on the clock and the tachometer didn't work. The only cars that looked like this were salesmen's cars who never took passengers I thought. I greeted the driver with a smile and was rewarded with a surly disposition. Ok, it's 6 am, no biggie. Driver informed us (my girl is an English major in uni.) that his car is not converted for LPG and we needed to stop for gas.(WTF?) His car took 91 octane and it was costly . He then continued to complain about the cost of gas and wanted to switch cars. Since we were tight for time we declined. Shouldn't he have figured this out beforehand? He was then all over the road driving from anywhere from 40 kmph to 130 on the hwy and was otherwise a typical psycho on the road. There was a warning buzzer that continuously beeped that caused the driver some concern (transmission?) He informed us that traffic in BKK was an issue and we were short of time so Chon Buri was out of the question if I was to make my flight. He told my girl he'd drop her off at a mini bus depot and it was best to go straight to the airport. She relented. He then took me to the airport and not only did he not drop the price back to 900 he asked for a tip the cheeky bastard. I arrived 2 hours early and went thru customs in 2 minutes which is too early in my exp. He deffo had time to drop my girl off at her home as we had planned. I then discovered that not only did he not drop my girl near a bus stop there was no stop anywhere near where he abandoned her and she was forced to take a moto taxi home.

I am one who has been caught up in the "Mr T / mr Toom" confusion and have concluded that they are one in the same in service and would not be surprised if they are in fact the same company. All they do is man the phones and hire stupid drivers with bad cars and no idea where they are going. I've taken cars from this location 3 times now and have had bad experiences 3 out of 3 times.

Anyone who praises these guys is out to lunch.

Edited by steamer

haha, what a load of crap,

Anyone who praises these guys is out to lunch.

You seem to be criticising the guy based on a bad experience. Fine, I would too and never use him again. Make a complaint to him about that particular driver and stay away from him (T or Toom, not sure).

Personally Toom has not given me a bad experience in many rides, everything has worked out fine. My worst experience was one of those 900 baht deals from some tout in Pattaya..... and sounds so much like yours. I think your driver was up all night drinking lao khao waiting for his 6am pickup.... hence the surly attitude! :D

As to the problem with the girlfriend, perhaps she should have been left with the responsibility of paying him, after being suitably dropped off.

You seem to be criticising the guy based on a bad experience. Fine, I would too and never use him again. Make a complaint to him about that particular driver and stay away from him (T or Toom, not sure).

Personally Toom has not given me a bad experience in many rides, everything has worked out fine. My worst experience was one of those 900 baht deals from some tout in Pattaya..... and sounds so much like yours. I think your driver was up all night drinking lao khao waiting for his 6am pickup.... hence the surly attitude! :D

As to the problem with the girlfriend, perhaps she should have been left with the responsibility of paying him, after being suitably dropped off.

You wouldn't be referring to his "son" who has 5 cellphones on his desk now would you? We asked him about the "mr T / mr Toom confusion and he just smiled like we were speaking Portuguese to him.

You wouldn't be referring to his "son" who has 5 cellphones on his desk now would you? We asked him about the "mr T / mr Toom confusion and he just smiled like we were speaking Portuguese to him.

I wouldn't know, I have only ever booked via email, and to a 'Toom'.

I do have the habit of using a particular driver to go to the airport, as I know he can find my house.

The return from the airport is the cheaper Toom ride.