Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Has anyone had dental work done in Pattaya? Did you like the work? And where did you have it done? Right now I am looking at doing the work I need at the hospital but would like to look at other places that can be recommended.

I go to the dentist for a check up and cleaning everytime that I visit Pattaya.

It costs 500 baht and you dont need to make an appointment, usually out within 30 minutes.

There are lots of places to choose from.

Edited by dontcha

I used 'Royal Palace Dentist" right behind Royal Garden Plaza and the Marriot. At the time, my teeth were a mess and I really had a dentist-phobia. They got me through it, did the work totally painlessly and I've been back every six months ever since. They don't find work for the hell of it either, which is a nasty, nasty UK NHS habit.

Full check up & clean is 1,000 Baht and treatment priced depending on what needs doing. Both the dentist, and the nurse are charming Thai ladies too. Always a bonus!

I used 'Royal Palace Dentist" right behind Royal Garden Plaza and the Marriot. At the time, my teeth were a mess and I really had a dentist-phobia. They got me through it, did the work totally painlessly and I've been back every six months ever since. They don't find work for the hell of it either, which is a nasty, nasty UK NHS habit.

Full check up & clean is 1,000 Baht and treatment priced depending on what needs doing. Both the dentist, and the nurse are charming Thai ladies too. Always a bonus!

That's helpful - thanks.

Could you be a bit more explicit about the location, please. What do you mean by "right behind"? Is it on Second Road?

Has anyone had dental work done in Pattaya? Did you like the work? And where did you have it done? Right now I am looking at doing the work I need at the hospital but would like to look at other places that can be recommended.

I have had dental work done at a clinic on Third Road by Excyte run by a Russian dentist and his Thai wife...who is also a dentist...I've have found Dr. I. Yankum to be professional and his rates to be very resonable.

dental work must be a hell of a lot cheaper in Thailand. a friend got a quote to get his teeth done in NZ $6500.so of to the bank with the quote and puts it on his mortgage. the cash hits the bank and him and his wife are on a plane and of to Thailand for the wife sisters wedding. he got his teeth done $1800. had a good holiday. got some gifts and still arrived home with $500.

dental work must be a hell of a lot cheaper in Thailand. a friend got a quote to get his teeth done in NZ $6500.so of to the bank with the quote and puts it on his mortgage. the cash hits the bank and him and his wife are on a plane and of to Thailand for the wife sisters wedding. he got his teeth done $1800. had a good holiday. got some gifts and still arrived home with $500.

sounds like a plan :chogdee

Let me pull a BigD and put in a plug for Dr Darika. I first starting using her about 8 years ago when she was working at Pattaya International Hospital. A couple of years ago she had a child and when I went to PIH to make an appointment I was told that she no longer worked there and was living in Bangkok with her husband and children. I then switched to Dr Aree who I thought was just as competent as Dr Darika but didn't joke around afterward as much as Dr Darika (maybe because I hadn't know her long). A few month later as I was walking the back sois to my apartment when a car stopped and a Thai lady's head poped out. I first thought that she was going to hit on me and wanted a S/T and was about to say I only pay 500 baht S/T, but then I quickly realized it was Dr Darika. She told me that she works in Pattaya Thursdays and Fridays at Dental de Pattaya up on 2nd Rd between Tiffinanys and the roundabout. I switched back to her and the good thing is now that she not working for PIH her prices are lower.

I agree, Dr. Aree at PIH would be my first choice. A big plus -- she's ealy to look at too -- beautiful.

And when she works on you barefooted and starts singing Thai songs in your ear as she concentrates on your dental work...well, it's about as sexy as a dentist's appointment can get. :allright

The other thing, and this is very important to me, that she can do is give you a Novocaine injection without it hurting. I always ask her if she has finished giving me the shot, because I don't feel a thing.

Let me pull a BigD and put in a plug for Dr Darika. I first starting using her about 8 years ago when she was working at Pattaya International Hospital. A couple of years ago she had a child and when I went to PIH to make an appointment I was told that she no longer worked there and was living in Bangkok with her husband and children. I then switched to Dr Aree who I thought was just as competent as Dr Darika but didn't joke around afterward as much as Dr Darika (maybe because I hadn't know her long). A few month later as I was walking the back sois to my apartment when a car stopped and a Thai lady's head poped out. I first thought that she was going to hit on me and wanted a S/T and was about to say I only pay 500 baht S/T, but then I quickly realized it was Dr Darika. She told me that she works in Pattaya Thursdays and Fridays at Dental de Pattaya up on 2nd Rd between Tiffinanys and the roundabout. I switched back to her and the good thing is now that she not working for PIH her prices are lower.

Of all the great suggestions in this thread, I decided to follow up on Dr Darika.

Just as Emil described, she is pretty, charming, chatty, jokey, and speaks good English. And seems to know her job pretty well!

I had 2 X-Rays and a large filling in a wisdom tooth (with injected anaesthetic) at a total cost of 1,500 Baht. A bargain for 1 hour 20 mins of very professional time.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had dental work done at a clinic on Third Road by Excyte run by a Russian dentist and his Thai wife...who is also a dentist...I've have found Dr. I. Yankum to be professional and his rates to be very resonable.

GREAT NAME FOR A DENTIST doctor y a n k um