Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Music at the Pattaya Beer Garden

I am quite passionate about the music we play in the Beer Garden. I have a background in radio broadcasting and have dealt with music for the masses for a long time. Selecting music in a Pattaya venue is a difficult task because there is such a wide variety of visitors. We have old, young and middle aged people, cultures of every variety and in general people who grew up to very different styles of music. It's clearly not possible to please all of the people all of the time.

I'd describe the beer garden music as predominantly classic rock and pop, a little bit edgy but reasonably main stream. I get a lot of very positive comments on the music but also a few knock backs. Here's an email I just got and my response.

"Can u please improve the music. The staff were excelent. Specially didi and superatne. The food was good too, the veiws were breath taking. If you fix the music I think I will live here

Sent from my iPhone

and my reply

Hi Priya

The music at the Beer Garden is a mix of classic rock and pop with just a little contemporary music mixed in. It is targeted at farang men aged between 30 and 60. I understand that not everyone will like this type of music but it does appeal to a majority of our customers.

If you know Pattaya you will know that most bars play modern music targeted at a younger audience. I have no problem with that but we are trying to do something a little bit different at the beer garden. If you are a serious music lover you might find the beer garden music can broaden your music appreciation. Most of the songs are from a time when rock music was at it's strongest and lots of trends that have influenced current music were being established. The hip hop and dance music of today for example had its roots in 70s disco music.

I am pleased the staff, food, and views were to your liking. If you are in the beer garden again I'd be happy to talk more about the idea behind the music we play.

Regards

Peter

I know I'll never get the music to satisfy everyone but I do appreciate feedback. If you have an opinion I'd love to hear it in this thread.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite passionate about the music we play in the Beer Garden. I have a background in radio broadcasting and have dealt with music for the masses for a long time. Selecting music in a Pattaya venue is a difficult task because there is such a wide variety of visitors. We have old, young and middle aged people, cultures of every variety and in general people who grew up to very different styles of music. It's clearly not possible to please all of the people all of the time.

I'd describe the beer garden music as predominantly classic rock and pop, a little bit edgy but reasonably main stream. I get a lot of very positive comments on the music but also a few knock backs. Here's an email I just got and my response.

"Can u please improve the music. The staff were excelent. Specially didi and superatne. The food was good too, the veiws were breath taking. If you fix the music I think I will live here

Sent from my iPhone

and my reply

Hi Priya

The music at the Beer Garden is a mix of classic rock and pop with just a little contemporary music mixed in. It is targeted at farang men aged between 30 and 60. I understand that not everyone will like this type of music but it does appeal to a majority of our customers.

If you know Pattaya you will know that most bars play modern music targeted at a younger audience. I have no problem with that but we are trying to do something a little bit different at the beer garden. If you are a serious music lover you might find the beer garden music can broaden your music appreciation. Most of the songs are from a time when rock music was at it's strongest and lots of trends that have influenced current music were being established. The hip hop and dance music of today for example had its roots in 70s disco music.

I am pleased the staff, food, and views were to your liking. If you are in the beer garden again I'd be happy to talk more about the idea behind the music we play.

Regards

Peter

I know I'll never get the music to satisfy everyone but I do appreciate feedback. If you have an opinion I'd love to hear it in this thread.

music has too much 80's music bad haircuts

play some good ole boy redneck music like

..... or how about Lee Marvin's "born under a wandering star"

and Evanescene's " bring me to life"

you could also play the greatest anti-war song of all time. ...."The band played waltzing Matilda"

Edited by dontcha

I like the variety that you are playing at PBG...it's a good mix of classic music and some of the hipper stuff as well.

Just one thing i'd do different...I'd turn up the volume a bit :banghead ...sometimes you can't hear the music at all.

I enjoy the music there and stop in during the afternoon for a few cold beers and the music. I for one hope you keep it as it is, the volume is at the right level that allows for conversation but still lets me enjoy the songs.

Another vote for keeping the music as-is.

The guys who want the car-alarm disco crap can go to the go-gos for that. Good rock-n-roll with a bit of pop thrown in is exactly to my tastes.

Totally agree.

And please DON'T turn up the volume!

The guys who want the car-alarm disco crap can go to the go-gos for that. Good rock-n-roll with a bit of pop thrown in is exactly to my tastes.

spot on we dont go there for the music but its welcome,but for the good food and the great view,also its a place during the day to take the wife and baby without any hassle

I agree with this completely, if i want loud banging music there are 100's of gogo bars and discos that plat that all the time, i enjoy a nice meal with good music at a level that allows me to chat to the lady i am with, so keep up the good work will be back in 6 weeks

Hi Pete,

Cannot add much to the comments of the previous posters. Obviously it is impossible to please everybodies tastes in music. Me being 60+ am most likely to have different preferences to the younger generation but in my humble opinion what you have going there is just fine.

:clueless

I have to agree with the others. I like the music, and the volume. I'm sure that being an expat, that I stop buy more than most. To that end, I would like a larger selection, so that it doesn't seem like I hear the same music every visit. Music of the same type is good. Even some more up to date music, as long as it's isn't hip hop like everyone else in town plays.

The beer garden is a great place to chill and the volume of the music is fine.

May be you could change the music every now and again.

How about having a bit of 60,70,80 or 90's music may be a bit of indie music

+1 on volume-no louder.If I have to yell at someone like I do in some clubs,they won't see a satang of mine.

An occasional country western tune wouldn't hurt either.I'm 59,so I appreciate the classic rock but can do w/o the new wave crap from 90s to current.Yes I know you have to love all/serve all with your tunes but that new crap is annoying.And remember,we don't come there for the music in the end.

The beer garden is a great place to chill and the volume of the music is fine.

May be you could change the music every now and again.

How about having a bit of 60,70,80 or 90's music may be a bit of indie music

I agree with most of the above, but being one of the baby boomer generation, I'd like to see more sixties stuff particularly Beatles music which is some of the most universally popular across generations.

From what I can recall on my last visit in Jan/Feb all I ever seemed to hear/see was Bruce Springsteen.

Let's face it Pete, pretty much as you said you're on a hiding to nothing trying to please all the people all the time.

Interesting post ! :clueless

I've been to your place a few times, and to tell the truth, I don't recall the music at all. And that is a GREAT sign! I usually notice if music is aggravating or too loud. So my vote is to stay as is (whatever it is). Thanks for asking...

I've been to the Beer garden a few times, but I can't recall a thing about the music.

Anyway, maybe you could let the customers choose, somehow. What if someone brought you a CD filled with MP3s? Could you play that?

Or, maybe you could have a computer where people could make their own playlists.

i spend a good deal of time at pbg looking for my perfect mate and i think your music selection is just about perfect, i love your place and i will be there in 8 days!!! :clueless :clueless :clueless

Hi Pete,

I like your choice of music at PBG too.

Here's an idea.

Do you have a jack in your sound system that will let someone plug in an MP3 player? If you have then next time I am in town I will bring in my MP3 player and you can copy my music playlist. I am 60. My taste covers rock, blues, jazz and fusion from the late 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Similar to what you play now but different.

You never know you and the PBG clients might like it.

grit.

I think the volume level is just right when out dining if you want to listen to music sit at the bar. I all so enjoy the variety of the music we often play guess the name or artists of this song. Will be in for a few meals and drinks over the next couple of weeks.

I agree the current format is good. Its easy to get a good list of songs ; just by beng a music lover but what always amazes me is how you get all the music videos!

Anyway you can always slot in a Carabao or thai sond here and there for the girls. Also makes the place a little more thai. :)

Great view, great prices, i love it there.

Regarding the music, i have often said " Oh YES ! ! i haven't heard this in ages ! " when a track comes on, there's even Beatles videos ! !

I have often stayed longer than i intended when all this great music keeps coming on.

I aso like the option of sitting out on the veranda area, where the music is at a lower volume. I.E. you can get away from it if you need to.

Keep up the good work. :doh:

Edited by Ergodyne