Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Music at the Pattaya Beer Garden

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PP starts a topic and doesn't come back.Nice of you to pi(u)mp your place.

I've been reading the topic every day LTGTR.

Not much for me to add apart from a thank you for the feedback to those who replied. I realize that this is not a scientific pole but it's nice to know that a lot of people think I'm on the right track with the music.

Not much for me to add apart from a thank you for the feedback to those who replied. I realize that this is not a scientific pole but it's nice to know that a lot of people think I'm on the right track with the music.

My post was in part sent because on 2 occasions I had sent messages regarding PBG and received no response.No biggie.

You thinks its a good idea to slip in a thai song every half hr?

Hey Pete,

No real problem with the current music, besides I just have my own music if I don't like the current song, see you and your lovely staff in about a week when I arrive for my punishment for breaking my arm

all the best spring

Hey Pete,

No real problem with the current music, besides I just have my own music if I don't like the current song, see you and your lovely staff in about a week when I arrive for my punishment for breaking my arm :D

all the best spring

I've put the reserved sign on your seat already Spring.

I've put the reserved sign on your seat already Spring.

Thanks Pete,

And this time I SWEAR I will be a little more patient with the freelancers, and give it a better go around :clueless :allright

all the Best, spring

I'm sick and tired of hearing Queen being played. Its kinda like working in a guitar store and everyone that comes in tries to test the guitars out by playing Stairway to Heaven.

It you can get past the licensing problem, lightly sprinkle in some low key Thai instrumentals.

A restaurant trick in the USA is to play fast music during the busiest hours to keeping customers rotating through, but play slow music during off peak hours to keep the restaurant full of customers which makes the place look popular from outside.

one of the reasons i come to your place is that i can actually have a conversation with whomever i am with -- especially if i sit on the tables close to the water. don't make it any louder, please.

its 1100 am and I am sitting in the beer garden right now and the music is fine...spring

its 1100 am and I am sitting in the beer garden right now and the music is fine...spring

Gald to hear all's ok with the music. Looking forward to sitting there in a couple of weeks time enjoying the music and the odd cold beer :hairout

Peter,

I'm sorry to say that I have never ben to PBG, BUT, that will change come this November :gulp I promise to stop in and have a :gulp :gulp few :gulp From what I have read don't change the music or the volume :P

I will be co-hosting a Party at your old digs, FLB on 19 Nov come on down :chogdee :chogdee

Cheers,

Greg/Fornicator

Nothing wrong with the music, in fact it is some of the best in Patts.

But a question for you Pete, where the fuck is Adam Ant?

Spent many hours looking at the sea and still have not heard Friend or Foe!!!!

Nothing wrong with the music, in fact it is some of the best in Patts.

But a question for you Pete, where the fuck is Adam Ant?

Spent many hours looking at the sea and still have not heard Friend or Foe!!!!

Bodfish, I only have one Adam Ant song on the play list - Goody Two Shoes. Just did a search of my fairly extensive video resources and can't get a copy of Friend or Foe.

I could add Stand and Deliver but I thought it was a bit naff :-)

Pete, how many tracks do you have on each loop?

I spent a great deal of time there on my last trip and will do again next week. I can't remember hearing the same track repeated all that often.

Most of the tracks are on 6 day rotate. That means they play once every 6 days and that could be at any time during the 16 hours we are open each day. The current stuff rotates a bit faster depending on how current. The hottest tracks play once every 2 days.

In radio terms that means you are unlikely to hear the same track twice in a week of constant visiting for long periods.

I once worked on one radio station that had hot tracks on a 90 minute rotate. Now that did get repetitive.

I could add Stand and Deliver but I thought it was a bit naff :-)

Its ok for a change

Now a youtube player might be an idea, feed it to your tv's and through your speakers ??

A 15-year-old programming whiz from Iowa and his father have created the world's first YouTube music player, mining the site's extensive library of music videos free of charge.

David Nelson and his father, Mark, spent a year developing Muziic Player, a free downloadable player that allows users to organise, search, stream and create playlists from YouTube's catalogue of music clips. Since its worldwide launch last month, the player has been downloaded more than a million times, forcing them to add another server to handle the incoming requests for the player.

http://www.muziic.com/

That would be good for me and a bit of Sam Cooke would make it perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAQE-tHjPAc

:thumbup

I think you have the music nailed Pete! Many times I have sat there and heard songs that make me say to myself "Yes this is a great tune"! I must admit those are the times I wish the volume was a bit louder! Not very loud but loud enough that you can hear it better without thinking "I wish I could hear this song better" If you played the first suggestions of alternate tunes requested I know I would not be staying as long....couldn't stand it! Go with your gut Pete it has been right on so far with the music and your whole venue! :rolleyes: