Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi All,

Have stayed at many Hotels over the years and always intersted in a change from time to time...

I usually stay at JP Court Soi Lengkee or Opey De Place..others include Sunview in Soi Bukauo Areca Lodge,,,Eastiny...bla bla, even metro appartments in LK Metro..and have enjoyed them all

Been looking on the net and saw Bay Breeze..can anyone fill me in on location and if its ok or not...i have seen it but cant place it...also Jasmine Hotel near Walking St..any info plse..

Also if someone else has any favourites from 700-900 pn I would b appreciative,,, just looking for a change..pool or no pool dont care,,,,,

thks guys

I stayed at the BayBreeze for a couple of nights about a year ago.

Decent place, but was getting "worn"

Prices were good, that is the bottom line

The worn look in many hotels is the norm,unless you are prepared to pay a premium.

ta for ur replies...what about noise, tv reception, staff etc ...thks

Stayed there in January and the hotel need same paint, had the balcony room on 9th floor

Room was ok hard bed as always in Thailand, same TV channels are ok some really bad.

No problem with noise. Good location. Staff ok when they start to now you.

Hi All,

Have stayed at many Hotels over the years and always intersted in a change from time to time...

I usually stay at JP Court Soi Lengkee or Opey De Place..others include Sunview in Soi Bukauo Areca Lodge,,,Eastiny...bla bla, even metro appartments in LK Metro..and have enjoyed them all

Been looking on the net and saw Bay Breeze..can anyone fill me in on location and if its ok or not...i have seen it but cant place it...also Jasmine Hotel near Walking St..any info plse..

Also if someone else has any favourites from 700-900 pn I would b appreciative,,, just looking for a change..pool or no pool dont care,,,,,

thks guys

Opey De Place could do with a lick of paint and some work on their air con,stank of cig smoke.

Stayed at the Bay Breeze plenty of times, good value in my opinion. Like said before once the staff get to know you it is sure to be good. Has a pool as well.

Give the night security guard (fat bloke, bald head) a packet of cigarettes every now and then and he will make sure every thing is taken care of.

Cheers,

Kev

Edited by Kev

Forest are you talking about the power? - same as Oz except you need an adapter (2 pin) not angled.

if talking TV I think they have one Aussie channel on the cable TV, but I don't watch much TV mate.

Cheers,

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

As a follow up to all the above...i booked bay breeze for 2 weeks...but moved out after 1 night,

Rooms were good and in a good situation but the room they put me in was on 2nd rd and opposite is the beer bars with LOUD music till 2am every night. They have thai performers there and the music is bad

I asked that night if i could change rooms and was assured that I cd in morning. Unfortunately no room became available so I moved on

I wouldnt write off this hotel BUT just b careful where in the Hotel they locate u...

As a follow up to all the above...i booked bay breeze for 2 weeks...but moved out after 1 night,

Rooms were good and in a good situation but the room they put me in was on 2nd rd and opposite is the beer bars with LOUD music till 2am every night. They have thai performers there and the music is bad

I asked that night if i could change rooms and was assured that I cd in morning. Unfortunately no room became available so I moved on

I wouldnt write off this hotel BUT just b careful where in the Hotel they locate u...

Thanks for that update.

Bay Breeze just had a large number of expat Philippines-based golfers booked in for the last two weeks. I think there were about 20 of them so there's no doubt they contributed significantly to the room shortage during this time (if your report is current, that is).

At other times there is probably a lot more flexibility in changing rooms, but the large group they had booked in didn't make things easy for you. Those guys are leaving tonight (Saturday October 23rd) and won't be back until the second Saturday of October next year, if it helps with your trip planning.

From what they've said, they had no complaints about Bay Breeze and plan to return next year.

I know all this as one of the trip's organizers is my best mate in the PI and we had quite a few beers together last night around and about town! :D

I tried to post this in the hotel review section, but no luck so I'm posting it here:

Hotel: Bay Breeze Hotel

Dates of stay: Oct 12 - 16, 2010

This was my first stay at the Bay Breeze. I reserved a “standard room with balcony” for 800 Baht (US$27) per night. This was a low season rate.

I liked the location. It’s down Sai Song Soi 11 off of Pattaya 2nd Road. When I got off the BKK to Pattaya bus, the baht driver said he was familiar with the Bay Breeze. I even gave him the map that I had printed off the Bay Breeze’s website. I soon learned that he didn’t know where the Bay Breeze was located. He kept stopping at every hotel that had the name “Bay” in it and insisted that it was the Bay Breeze and I kept telling him “NO, WRONG HOTEL.” After the third time he stopped at the wrong hotel, I realized that Bay Breeze was only a block away so I gave him 20 Baht and decided to walk the distance since it would be quicker than having him drive down Beach Road and back up 2nd Road.

The hotel is in a fairly quiet location, i.e., no nearby go-go or beer bars blaring loud music. Soi LK with the Devil’s Den, Billabong and a number of other similar clubs is a short distance away. There are other go-go clubs and beer bars nearby, and the Walking Street is within walking distance. Across the 2nd Road, there’s Mike Shopping Mall and the modern Central Shopping Mall. Trying to walk across 2nd Road while dodging traffic can be a life and death adventure.

The street that the Bay Breeze Hotel is located (Soi 11) turns into Soi Honey and about 1/2 block down the street from the hotel is the Honey Body Massage Parlor. About three blocks away, Dream Teen Massage is on Soi 21 which runs between 3rd Road and Soi Buakaow. A little further down Soi 21 is P.P. Body Massage Parlor which is touted by taxi drivers since they pay a commission for customers.

My hotel room was small, but clean and comfortable. There’s 9 floors. I was on the 8th floor. The hotel has only one small elevator so it can be slow at times. If the elevator ever breaks down, there’s no alternative except to hoof it up and down the stairs.

The hotel does not offer free breakfast, but there is a restaurant in the hotel. I never ate there. Breakfast is also offered at a small restaurant across the street on Soi 11. If you want the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet, the Apex Hotel and Diana Inn are a block or so away. Further down 2nd Road, the Lek Hotel has a breakfast buffet.

The hotel is girl-friendly.

There’s a dick-head who wears a baseball hat with “security” on it. When I checked-in, he grabbed my one bag to take it to my room. I tipped him 15 baht and he pissed and moaned that it wasn’t enough so I gave him 20 baht. He still pissed and moaned so I took 10 baht away. I told him that I needed the 10 baht. He grabbed my bag as I checked out to load it into the van, but I ignored him when he had his hand out for a tip.

The room had free Wi-Fi and I had no problem with access.

My only significant complaint is that the room had a safe, but it didn’t work (why I don’t know). I was told that I had to use the safe deposit box at the front desk. I saw other guests using them so I guess I wasn’t the only one who had a room safe that didn’t work.

The hotel has a swimming pool, but it’s located under an overhang so there is very little sun exposure if you want to sun bath.

The hotel has cable TV with limited English channels. Instead of CNN, it had FOX (or faux) News.

My room’s air conditioner got my room too cold at nights so I turned it off and opened the window. Since I was on the 8th floor, there was a breeze and the street noise didn’t keep me awake.

The hotel took my reservation without any pre-payment or credit card hold.

For the low season rate, I would stay here again. If you’re looking for a place that’s more expensive, cheaper, has better amenities or different location, your choices of hotels in Pattaya seems endless. The Bay Breeze Hotel is a good option for consideration.

Just a quick one they stopped using the safes a few years ago because they had a problem with thefts from them, that is why everything is down at the reception safe deposit boxes. To tell the truth I don't know why they don't rip the safes out now that they don't use them.

I tried to post this in the hotel review section, but no luck so I'm posting it here:

Hotel: Bay Breeze Hotel

Dates of stay: Oct 12 - 16, 2010

This was my first stay at the Bay Breeze. I reserved a “standard room with balcony” for 800 Baht (US$27) per night. This was a low season rate.

I liked the location. It’s down Sai Song Soi 11 off of Pattaya 2nd Road. When I got off the BKK to Pattaya bus, the baht driver said he was familiar with the Bay Breeze. I even gave him the map that I had printed off the Bay Breeze’s website. I soon learned that he didn’t know where the Bay Breeze was located. He kept stopping at every hotel that had the name “Bay” in it and insisted that it was the Bay Breeze and I kept telling him “NO, WRONG HOTEL.” After the third time he stopped at the wrong hotel, I realized that Bay Breeze was only a block away so I gave him 20 Baht and decided to walk the distance since it would be quicker than having him drive down Beach Road and back up 2nd Road.

The hotel is in a fairly quiet location, i.e., no nearby go-go or beer bars blaring loud music. Soi LK with the Devil’s Den, Billabong and a number of other similar clubs is a short distance away. There are other go-go clubs and beer bars nearby, and the Walking Street is within walking distance. Across the 2nd Road, there’s Mike Shopping Mall and the modern Central Shopping Mall. Trying to walk across 2nd Road while dodging traffic can be a life and death adventure.

The street that the Bay Breeze Hotel is located (Soi 11) turns into Soi Honey and about 1/2 block down the street from the hotel is the Honey Body Massage Parlor. About three blocks away, Dream Teen Massage is on Soi 21 which runs between 3rd Road and Soi Buakaow. A little further down Soi 21 is P.P. Body Massage Parlor which is touted by taxi drivers since they pay a commission for customers.

My hotel room was small, but clean and comfortable. There’s 9 floors. I was on the 8th floor. The hotel has only one small elevator so it can be slow at times. If the elevator ever breaks down, there’s no alternative except to hoof it up and down the stairs.

The hotel does not offer free breakfast, but there is a restaurant in the hotel. I never ate there. Breakfast is also offered at a small restaurant across the street on Soi 11. If you want the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet, the Apex Hotel and Diana Inn are a block or so away. Further down 2nd Road, the Lek Hotel has a breakfast buffet.

The hotel is girl-friendly.

There’s a dick-head who wears a baseball hat with “security” on it. When I checked-in, he grabbed my one bag to take it to my room. I tipped him 15 baht and he pissed and moaned that it wasn’t enough so I gave him 20 baht. He still pissed and moaned so I took 10 baht away. I told him that I needed the 10 baht. He grabbed my bag as I checked out to load it into the van, but I ignored him when he had his hand out for a tip.

The room had free Wi-Fi and I had no problem with access.

My only significant complaint is that the room had a safe, but it didn’t work (why I don’t know). I was told that I had to use the safe deposit box at the front desk. I saw other guests using them so I guess I wasn’t the only one who had a room safe that didn’t work.

The hotel has a swimming pool, but it’s located under an overhang so there is very little sun exposure if you want to sun bath.

The hotel has cable TV with limited English channels. Instead of CNN, it had FOX (or faux) News.

My room’s air conditioner got my room too cold at nights so I turned it off and opened the window. Since I was on the 8th floor, there was a breeze and the street noise didn’t keep me awake.

The hotel took my reservation without any pre-payment or credit card hold.

For the low season rate, I would stay here again. If you’re looking for a place that’s more expensive, cheaper, has better amenities or different location, your choices of hotels in Pattaya seems endless. The Bay Breeze Hotel is a good option for consideration.

Nice review :thumbup

The OP says he moved out because the noise from the Live Band across on Second Road was too loud yet you slept with your windows open undisturbed.

You must retire after 02.00 or the OP has canine hearing ability :banghead

Nice review :allright

The OP says he moved out because the noise from the Live Band across on Second Road was too loud yet you slept with your windows open undisturbed.

You must retire after 02.00 or the OP has canine hearing ability :whistling:

My room window / balcony did not face 2nd Road. It faced south. It wasn't completely quiet, but bearable since it wasn't the rhythmic electronic thumping sound that drives me nuts.

I once stayed in a hotel on Soi 8 and I asked for a back room to avoid the music from the beer bars. It didn't help. That was real bad.

• 1 year later...

To anyone interested , the hotel will undergo renovations mid July to mid Aug

I sent them an email on my 'maybe' Sept trip and they quoted me

Low season period (1st May - 31st October 2012)

Standard room: 700 baht per night

Balcony room: 800 baht per night

High season period (1st Nov - 24th December 2012)

Standard room: 800 baht per night

Balcony room: 1,000 baht per night

I thought it would be higher but I also expected the renovations be more extensive

Cool so all the rooms must be renovated (or will be) now then.

Before the rooms on the second or first floor were still flea pits, but the refurbished ones we stayed in on the 6th were good value for money.

• 2 months later...

Stayed there the last few days and they were removing ALL safety boxes in the rooms and replaceing them with WORKING ones! hahah ... about time!

Anyway , nice redo to their lobby , still some reno going on to their cafe and the swimming pool will be grand new and moved to the 3rd floor.

They have fitted new aircons in all the rooms and the place has really has been cleaned up.

Bad point - the wifi signal is still very weak!

I am looking at staying at Bay Breeze for 7 nights in November, I have stayed there in the past but a few years ago. Then I had a larger room, it was a bit tatty but OK, the only problem being the easily opened safe. :)

The new hotel web site shows weekly rates as Standard 5250, Balcony 6300, Superior 7700, Deluxe 8400 and a suite for 12600, I will not be going for a suite but may go for a superior,can any board members add any more room info since the refurb?

The old security guy was OK, very concientius ..for a 20 :) It could be noisy from the Beer bars on 2nd road but not very often in the sack before 2 anyway.

How's the wifi?

TIA

Quick edit, I used to stay at Ma Maison on Soi 13 but that is now 1780 and also Bay Breeze may be better suited for the newer night life areas such as Cherry bar etc etc

Edited by Gus