Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Pastry should be able to clarify unless it is too sticky...

Alex has already posted his reason for closing the board down on Punter69.

firth i cant be online 24 hours a day , ive a business to run and i cant leave the board unmoderated either .

the mods are rarely online or if online , rarely active in recent months , so its better offline if im not going to be online to do it by myself .

add to that the growing number of lurkers and dwindling number of posters and im not prepared to waste my time nor money anymore .

pattaya-live is not a money making forum despite having a handful of advertisers .

its about using it or losing it at the minute and im too busy with other things to sit at home , administraiting and moderating and trying to start new threads to keep it going .

its simple , if the members want a forum , then they should post on it .

running a forum is no fun at the best of times and its certainly no fun when its not being used properly .

I happen to think that Pattayatalk is the better board for newcomers and tourists such as myself. That does not mean I didn't like Pattaya-live or other boards.

For the reasons I stated in my opening post, Pattaya-live had a definite nitch.

For example, PattayaSecrets is way down on my list as it is, IMHO, over moderated, filled with useless one liner posts and rather "clicky" I do enjoy Secrets bar on occasion and may not have bothered if it was not for the Secrets Board. So even though I don't go for the board, it lead me to the bar. I check the board from time to time and it serves a purpose.

As for the Rockhouse:

Alex/Mulphy was a polite and friendly host towards me on the few times I met him in his bar.

I tried to rent a room from him twice, both times he was sold out, but, good for him. I ended up at another hotel near LK

Often had a cold one at his bar around mid day after hitting lolitas.

Often read his board, sometimes posted.

Met some nice people in his bar and on the board.

I'm just a tourist and there are lots of options around LK, I chose to drink in his bar on many occasions.

None of this would have happened without that board.

I do, however, feel a bit disrespected since I was one of those who stopped in for a brew and read his board. Yet it now seems that as a customer I was not worth his trouble. I still may drink at his bar or stay at his hotel. However, I probably won't waste my time on a board that is not reliable or appreciative of my patronage.

Apply for mod why dont ya :whistling:

Mod????? Fuck sake Esco i can't even get into VIP :whistling:

I knew this thread would be a flyer.......look at it go......be into double pages by the time i wake up and log in, in the morning :rolleyes:

For example, PattayaSecrets is way down on my list as it is, IMHO, over moderated, filled with useless one liner posts and rather "clicky" I do enjoy Secrets bar on occasion and may not have bothered if it was not for the Secrets Board. So even though I don't go for the board, it lead me to the bar. I check the board from time to time and it serves a purpose.

As for the Rockhouse:

Alex/Mulphy was a polite and friendly host towards me on the few times I met him in his bar.

I tried to rent a room from him twice, both times he was sold out, but, good for him. I ended up at another hotel near LK

I'm just a tourist and there are lots of options around LK, I chose to drink in his bar on many occasions.

Totally agree with you Sailfast. Rockhouse has always been a great place to spend an evening, especially when Alex was around. The girls are friendly too. The music is really up to you... And Live was a very open board. Its character at any point in time was what the posters wanted it to be. I'm sure it will be back soon. Mulph is sometimes the drama queen...

Edited by sick buffalo
Mod????? Fuck sake Esco i can't even get into VIP :whistling:

I knew this thread would be a flyer.......look at it go......be into double pages by the time i wake up and log in, in the morning :whistling:

The ol' weegie bastard will have a good chuckle thats for sure

The ol' weegie bastard will have a good chuckle thats for sure

Indeed!!!

Call me a cynic, but i'm convinced the big lad's signed up to the Forums under another name and is doing that right as we type :whistling: :whistling:

I happen to think that Pattayatalk is the better board for newcomers and tourists such as myself. That does not mean I didn't like Pattaya-live or other boards.

For the reasons I stated in my opening post, Pattaya-live had a definite nitch.

As for the Rockhouse:

I do, however, feel a bit disrespected since I was one of those who stopped in for a brew and read his board. Yet it now seems that as a customer I was not worth his trouble. I still may drink at his bar or stay at his hotel. However, I probably won't waste my time on a board that is not reliable or appreciative of my patronage.

I have never introduced myself to him however I did stop by for a couple of drinks.

He may well be a nice guy when you meet him in person but his internet persona towards tourists turned me off visiting the place again.

Remember that most people go to Pattaya to meet girls and relax and they should not feel obliged to swell the coffers of any barowner. .. I do admit to spending money in FLB on every trip but I do so discreetly.

I dont think MM has ever suggested that people have to drink in his bar to be welcomed as members here.

The boards are ran by bars(except addicts which seems to be run by PBR and DD) so therefore you expect them to promote their own place.

I found on PL that you had to conform to a certain viewpoint. ... Here on Talk there are many diverse opinions allowed.

I found on PL that you had to conform to a certain viewpoint.

Again it's all about opinions. I don't conform to any viewpoint except my own, have had many's a 'debate' with Mulphy amongst others, about many things.....maybe it's just you :whistling:

Anyway, i said i'm not getting dragging into slagging off anyone or any bar, and my team's just went 1-0 in the CL :whistling:

i been unable to log into live now for a week or so.....

but im offshore so maybe have conflict with Internet,but always worked before ?? mai loo ??

sad too see LIVE go i liked and the competition between the boards for members and threads ....

nothing worse than a board full of stupid post like word games and where's the girl friendly hotels for the 100th time....

LIVE has been through alot of crap the last year or so fighting, death, birth, lack of mods and now most of all POSTERS and MONEY ....

RIP Pattaya Live it was fun while it lasted..... :whistling:

I'll still stop at the Rockhouse to buy Mulphy an IceCream when im in town...... :whistling:

I just tried to log onto Pattaya-Live. Not happening.

Here is the message posted:

"sorry lads , its not busy enough on the forum for me to be bothered paying for it , administraiting and moderating it .

its a waste of my time and my money .

so its going offline for now .

its a case of use it or lose it , and today its lose it ."

Too bad, I rather enjoyed reading many of the posts there. Seemed more frequented by expats, semi-expats and/or people who visit Patts several times a year and hung out on the LK side of town, but, that's what made it interesting to me. Different point of view.

Oh well. RIP

shades of tabmule....

Edited by spike

Even if he does open it again , members are losing interest . Cannot see this being a solution .

Maybe he wants us all to say - ' please open again sir ' .

He has taken his ball away and is not playing anymore , good on you Mulph . Up to you.

I too am a reader of PL. Pastry had only recently brokered an agreement where both Alex and I were restored posting rights on our respective boards, and I was looking for a cooling of animosity that had been brewing for the past couple of years, primarily IMHO, based on unfounded or one-sided gossip, misunderstandings, or lack of agreement on what boards were about.

I log into PL every day. It's another group with another set of viewpoints, and I think its closure was a mistake.

Sure, moderating a board is difficult, troubling at times, and frustrating. It's hard to let people who you think are spouting bullshit to keep posting when you have the power to silence them. It's tempting to do so, but you have to remember that you are dealing with people from different cultures, age groups, points of view, and that your opinion is just one of many.

It's a sobering responsibility. I can't get rid of everyone who I don't agree with, because that ensures that no one feels safe to post and invest their effort into adding input to the board.

So, I say to Alex/mulphy, chill out, step back and understand that there are many points of view, but do your best to share with your audience your knowledge and opinions, but expect that some will disagree with you.

If this makes no sense, I'm sorry. I just came back from a 2 for 1 gogo crawl, and I'm doing my best to see one keyboard.

live will be around for as long as the mods moderate and the posters post .

its lack of moderation and lack of new posts recently that has turned me away from it .

lets be honest here , if the mods were online and posting and all of you that have posted on here and on other forums about this subject , posted on live , then we wouldnt be having this discussion .

im very busy , im most days 16 or 17 hours out of my house , im not around often enough to run the forum on my own , so it will be returning to off in the future when i cant be online and there is no mods around .

i apologies to the regular users , but no mods makes the board open to abuse and attacks , so what else do you expect me to do .

live will be around for as long as the mods moderate and the posters post .

its lack of moderation and lack of new posts recently that has turned me away from it .

lets be honest here , if the mods were online and posting and all of you that have posted on here and on other forums about this subject , posted on live , then we wouldnt be having this discussion .

im very busy , im most days 16 or 17 hours out of my house , im not around often enough to run the forum on my own , so it will be returning to off in the future when i cant be online and there is no mods around .

i apologies to the regular users , but no mods makes the board open to abuse and attacks , so what else do you expect me to do .

Iam online for a fair period of the day, if you need help with moderating give me a holla.

Edited by Fondles

When PL started I wrote a note to a Mod asking for upper level status as I had been on this board for many years and other Pattaya boards as well. That was granted. I posted occasionally and read the board regularly.

Earlier this summer mulphy decided to go on some kind of clean-up of the board and evicted people with security access to some of it. I was one of them. I sent him a polite note asking to be reintsated or at least receive some explanation. I've yet to get a reply.

So fuck PL and its operator and his bar. Some-one who hasn't the courtesy to reply to a customers inquiry doesn't deserve my business and won;t get get it.

The only downside I can see of no PL is that some of the more intellectually challenged threads that were so common there are migrating over here. Its a bit irritating but PT is the original and still the best Pattaya board. Who gives a shit about attention seeking soap operas on PL? :rolleyes:

Iam online for a fair period of the day, if you need help with moderating give me a holla.
Why not PM him?
When PL started I wrote a note to a Mod asking for upper level status as I had been on this board for many years and other Pattaya boards as well. That was granted. I posted occasionally and read the board regularly.

Earlier this summer mulphy decided to go on some kind of clean-up of the board and evicted people with security access to some of it. I was one of them. I sent him a polite note asking to be reintsated or at least receive some explanation. I've yet to get a reply.

So fuck PL and its operator and his bar. Some-one who hasn't the courtesy to reply to a customers inquiry doesn't deserve my business and won;t get get it.

The only downside I can see of no PL is that some of the more intellectually challenged threads that were so common there are migrating over here. Its a bit irritating but PT is the original and still the best Pattaya board. Who gives a shit about attention seeking soap operas on PL? :banghead

let me get this straight . you occassionally posted and occassionally read the forum .

were exactly does this make you a customer of mine ?

members of my forum are not seen as customers , they are seen as forum members .

its participation and getting yourself involved in pattaya-live that gets you access to trusted areas , not because your a long term user of another forum .

i do not recall ever receiving any message from you in any form of media , because if i had youd have got a reply .

however it doesnt get away from the fact that as an occassional poster and reader and as a completye unknown to my forums owners and mods , you have NO RIGHTS to be in a trusted area of the forum .

let me get this straight . you occassionally posted and occassionally read the forum .

were exactly does this make you a customer of mine ?

members of my forum are not seen as customers , they are seen as forum members .

its participation and getting yourself involved in pattaya-live that gets you access to trusted areas , not because your a long term user of another forum .

i do not recall ever receiving any message from you in any form of media , because if i had youd have got a reply .

however it doesnt get away from the fact that as an occassional poster and reader and as a completye unknown to my forums owners and mods , you have NO RIGHTS to be in a trusted area of the forum .

I'm in the same position as the guy that posted this. I did PM (and you DID read it - I ticked that little tracking box!) and email you - and received nowt back. It was only when I commented on the board it'self that you replied.

Oh - yes I was known to you, I did drink - fairly regularly on one trip - in the RH, and had also met Lee and Casper. Still, if you can't remember me then I'm a nobody in your eyes. No problems for me!

Edited by helloitsme