Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Blood Donation

I work for a large engineering company and this week we have had a mobile blood donation unit on site .

A section manager who is a keen donor was trying to drum up new customers and approached me .

I had to tactfully explain to him that I have had 13 trips to Pattaya in 4 years for the sole purpose of spending time with" professional ladies " and would consequently tick all the boxes in the not suitable section .

I work for a large engineering company and this week we have had a mobile blood donation unit on site .

A section manager who is a keen donor was trying to drum up new customers and approached me .

I had to tactfully explain to him that I have had 13 trips to Pattaya in 4 years for the sole purpose of spending time with" professional ladies " and would consequently tick all the boxes in the not suitable section .

Unless you have got a blood problem or diease etc there should not be a problem donating blood. Plus they just dont take your blood and give it to someone that needs it, they do tests on it first or test it before you give the blood.

Unless you have got a blood problem or diease etc there should not be a problem donating blood. Plus they just dont take your blood and give it to someone that needs it, they do tests on it first or test it before you give the blood.

I don't know about the world over but in America and the U.K. if you are honest on the questionnaire and tick the box that you have been with a prostitute in the past year then they will not accept a donation from you under any circumstance. You will also not be able to give blood if you just returned from Thailand as it is a malaria region and you must wait 6 months after returning to donate blood.

Hi Guys

I had all my medical tests done for HIV and every STD known to man 3 months after my first trip to Pattaya last year and my blood was rejected due to Melaria. They will take your blood but will not use hole blood for 3 years after any visit to Thailand

(Australia)

Edited by nevs_hotrod
I don't know about the world over but in America and the U.K. if you are honest on the questionnaire and tick the box that you have been with a prostitute in the past year then they will not accept a donation from you under any circumstance. You will also not be able to give blood if you just returned from Thailand as it is a malaria region and you must wait 6 months after returning to donate blood.

same same Ireland. i had given 13 pints before they refused me

Exactly the point I was trying to make . My manager expressed disappointment in me that as an apparently healthy person I would not try to donate.

But I was a donor up to 10 years ago and knew what would be on the questionnaire regarding your sexual history so as I originally said , I tick all the wrong boxes .

Exactly the point I was trying to make . My manager expressed disappointment in me that as an apparently healthy person I would not try to donate.

But I was a donor up to 10 years ago and knew what would be on the questionnaire regarding your sexual history so as I originally said , I tick all the wrong boxes .

That is nothing to do with your manager, it's personal and confidential. He should be reported. What if the reason you didn't donate was on religious grounds? That's discrimination.

I was a blood donor many years ago but had a fear of needles. I got into such a state donating by almost going into anxiety states that I had to stop. For whatever reason, some people are unable to donate. For me at that time there wasn't a suitable box for me to tick but now, like you, I would be ticking many of them.

Glyn.

The questions there are for a reason. They are part 1 of a series of walls against bad blood. I've only donated blood once in my lifetime ; before I discovered the wonderful world of stringless sex. :whistling:

I rather not help anyone than risk the thought of accidently giving someone tainted blood.

There you have it. They separate the blood into so many parts that it shouldn't matter if you have any kind of disease. Just swirl the blood and get rid of the parts you think are 'bad'. I take chloresterol medicine (the spell checking medicine does not work), so they don't use my blood. WTF, just use it for those fucks that are also on chloresterol medicine. My knowlege is that blood has several parts, spin off the part that will harm the patient and then sell the left over portion to a pharmecuticle company.

Same for tattoo within the last year or traveling to certain mosquito infested areas. I was red lined on those two alone.

Sad, that I cannot help out with the blood, but no worries, life goes on.

In Cambodia they had no trouble accepting my blood. They're very short and not very many locals seem to donate.

I had to tactfully explain to him that I have had 13 trips to Pattaya in 4 years for the sole purpose of spending time with" professional ladies " and would consequently tick all the boxes in the not suitable section.

I would NEVER, EVER tell anyone in my workplace (also a large technology/engineering firm) anything even remotely associated with Pattaya and its joys. Not only none of their business but also no good can come from it. If pressed for a blood donation I'd tell them I'm on medication for an autoimmune disorder or something similar.

I would NEVER, EVER tell anyone in my workplace (also a large technology/engineering firm) anything even remotely associated with Pattaya and its joys. Not only none of their business but also no good can come from it. If pressed for a blood donation I'd tell them I'm on medication for an autoimmune disorder or something similar.
They asked me what my blood group was and when I told them HIV+ they said 'NEXT'.... :D
You will also not be able to give blood if you just returned from Thailand as it is a malaria region and you must wait 6 months after returning to donate blood.

Not entirely true. In america they ask you what area you visited in LOS and they look that area up in some book. If you've only visited the tourist, non maleria areas they let you donate.

Depends on where in Thailand - according to my local center, Bangkok, Pattaya and points in between are all fine and not in a malaria-risk region. Other parts of Thailand are - there's a map they go by.

was a blood donor for 30 years plus donating 66 pints but then i had heart surgery in late 2003 and what with the medication was forbidden from donating again, which was a kick in the bollocks at the time :D

then in 2006 i finally found thailand and after having sex with many thai ladies and what with contacting gonnorhea and chlamydia during that time i definately know they'd never ever want my blood again, not that i'd fucking give them any :chogdee

al 2guns

Depends on where in Thailand - according to my local center, Bangkok, Pattaya and points in between are all fine and not in a malaria-risk region. Other parts of Thailand are - there's a map they go by.
More the point is that wherever you are giving blood will not bother getting a map out.
More the point is that wherever you are giving blood will not bother getting a map out.

My local place does. I donate a couple of times a year, when I've not been on deferral because of travel a few times (but never been an issue with Thailand.)

Conversation goes like this

"I see you checked the box for 'Have you been outside the US in the past year?'"

"Yes."

"Where did you go?"

"Yes, Thailand and (insert typically a couple of other countries each year)...."

"Where in Thailand?"

"Bangkok and Pattaya."

Takes out the book with the maps. Sometimes they have to ask "where's Pattaya?"

"Ok, you're fine."

Not sure if Phuket is OK. I can't remember if I started donating again before or after 1 year of going there.

For those who also go to the Philippines, metro-Manila is fine, not sure about Angeles if you fly into Clark directly, most of the rest of the country - including Luzon fairly close into Manila - is not. I am currently on a 1-year deferral because of that.

(And no, I don't answer honestly about the prostitutes question, or this would be a moot point.)

Edited by mister_handy
My local place does. I donate a couple of times a year, when I've not been on deferral because of travel a few times (but never been an issue with Thailand.)

Conversation goes like this

"I see you checked the box for 'Have you been outside the US in the past year?'"

"Yes."

"Where did you go?"

"Yes, Thailand and (insert typically a couple of other countries each year)...."

"Where in Thailand?"

"Bangkok and Pattaya."

Takes out the book with the maps. Sometimes they have to ask "where's Pattaya?"

"Ok, you're fine."

Not sure if Phuket is OK. I can't remember if I started donating again before or after 1 year of going there.

For those who also go to the Philippines, metro-Manila is fine, not sure about Angeles if you fly into Clark directly, most of the rest of the country - including Luzon fairly close into Manila - is not. I am currently on a 1-year deferral because of that.

(And no, I don't answer honestly about the prostitutes question, or this would be a moot point.)

Then their book with maps isn't telling them the complete story..... :thumbup Edited by jacko
Then their book with maps isn't telling them the complete story..... :D

No question about it. But it's a separate issue.

The prostitutes thing, however, would be the same one year deferral (except for the ladyboy fans) whether it's a Thai one or a local one; they don't have a question "have you ever had sex with a southeast asian prostitute?"

Quote:

"For those who also go to the Philippines, metro-Manila is fine, not sure about Angeles if you fly into Clark directly, most of the rest of the country - including Luzon fairly close into Manila - is not. I am currently on a 1-year deferral because of that. "

Just had travel medicine last week for my November trip to Philippines. They said anything north of Cebu is non-Malarial. However, part of my trip is to Davao, in south east Mindanao. So I will be taking the prophylactic (the one that is a whopping big pill and not a thin latex sheath.) I will be going to AC for a week after Davao. They said I could stop taking the pill a week after leaving Davao; while I am in AC.

Quote:

"For those who also go to the Philippines, metro-Manila is fine, not sure about Angeles if you fly into Clark directly, most of the rest of the country - including Luzon fairly close into Manila - is not. I am currently on a 1-year deferral because of that. "

Just had travel medicine last week for my November trip to Philippines. They said anything north of Cebu is non-Malarial. However, part of my trip is to Davao, in south east Mindanao. So I will be taking the prophylactic (the one that is a whopping big pill and not a thin latex sheath.) I will be going to AC for a week after Davao. They said I could stop taking the pill a week after leaving Davao; while I am in AC.

I'm just going by the map they checked when I last donated in April - the "red" zone for a one-year deferral was pretty much everywhere north and south of Manila. Doctor's standards and the blood donation people are definitely different - I've had a pair of deferrals for the malaria risk over the years (one was from part of the Mexican coast) but have never had my docs recommend antimalarial drugs. So ymmv, and my local blood centers' rules may not be universal in the US.