Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

bus from pats to nong kai

forget the bus... well aprt from getting to bkk..

Catch the overnight train from Hualompong, last time i took it, it left at 8.30pm arriving approx 8.00 am..

Great laugh on the train even if your on your own as i was, ( work visa trip) always somebody to talk with, and u can drink as well!!

well reccomended!!

Train and bed is much better than trying to sleep on a bus. 2nd class a/c sleeper, lower berth is a good way to go.

CCC - Clean, comfy and cheap!

Edited by JohnnyK

I THINK worth checking with Chan Tours ,can catch 2 buses a day ,one in day and a night bus.

The bus is VIP ,book seats downstairs ,lots of room and reclimbing seats where you can get a good sleep.

The bus will stop just outside Korat for 20 minute break ,then stop at Khon Kaen ,then I know it gooes to Undon Thani

then it could go onto Nonk Kai ,check if it goes onto Nong Kai

Takes about 8/9 hours to Khon Kaen ,then 2 hours to Undon and Nong Kai is about 30 minutes

So will all the stops total journey should be about 12 hours .Cost Khon Kaen is about 500 bhts

I think the train from BKK to Nong Kai takes about same time ,but you can book sleeper

Catch 8pm arrive about 8 30 am next day

first class sleeper just over 1200 bhts

But if you are going to pay 1200 bhts for the train fly for about the same amount

Fly with Air Asia from BKK to undon ,then taxi to bus station then catch bus to Nong Kai

You will need taxi to BBK air port ,takes about 1 1/2 hours ,then waiting time at airport 1 hour ,1 hour flight ,then about 1 hour to Nonk Kai with the waiting in Undon

should do trip in about 5 hours if all goes well

See info below flight found for under 1000 bhts

DepartFD3360 Bangkok (BKK) to Udon Thani (UTH)Thursday, 11 November 2010Depart 0725 Arrive 0825

825.24 THB1 Guest @ 825.24 THB 164.77 THB

Edited by Dr Mick
I THINK worth checking with Chan Tours ,can catch 2 buses a day ,one in day and a night bus.

The bus is VIP ,book seats downstairs ,lots of room and reclimbing seats where you can get a good sleep.

The bus will stop just outside Korat for 20 minute break ,then stop at Khon Kaen ,then I know it gooes to Undon Thani

then it could go onto Nonk Kai ,check if it goes onto Nong Kai

Takes about 8/9 hours to Khon Kaen ,then 2 hours to Undon and Nong Kai is about 30 minutes

So will all the stops total journey should be about 12 hours .Cost Khon Kaen is about 500 bhts

I think the train from BKK to Nong Kai takes about same time ,but you can book sleeper

Catch 8pm arrive about 8 30 am next day

first class sleeper just over 1200 bhts

But if you are going to pay 1200 bhts for the train fly for about the same amount

Fly with Air Asia from BKK to undon ,then taxi to bus station then catch bus to Nong Kai

You will need taxi to BBK air port ,takes about 1 1/2 hours ,then waiting time at airport 1 hour ,1 hour flight ,then about 1 hour to Nonk Kai with the waiting in Undon

should do trip in about 5 hours if all goes well

See info below flight found for under 1000 bhts

DepartFD3360 Bangkok (BKK) to Udon Thani (UTH)Thursday, 11 November 2010Depart 0725 Arrive 0825

825.24 THB1 Guest @ 825.24 THB 164.77 THB

they must be tall seats cos you can climb them :hairout

i have done this trip on the bus a few times,it takes about 9 hours the bus is a vip bus good seating food and drink given to you, toilet on the bus, and it was 500 baht from bkk,you can get a bus from pattaya bus station to bkk bus station,

bigone

I will take the train anytime, IMO its just the much better experience.

Fly and you get the genuine airport/airplane experience: act like a sausage and be treated like one. Plus fucking around with security, taxis here and there and all the other joys of air travel in the 21st century.

Bus takes too long and often has loud, mindless and annoying crap on TV.

The train will give an authentic experience with real Thai people!!! not BGs. Beer, snacks and a comfy bed. Nothing like a blowjob in your berth before lights out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Bus goes from Nong Khai to Pattaya without going through BKK. Goes over the mountain. Bypassing Korat and BKK. on the 304 road to HW 7 to PATS. Trip from Udon Thani, First bus leaves there about 0730Hrs and gets into Pattaya at about 1700Hrs. No changing buses and cost 800B single. My friend took this bus last month. He said it was very good and comfy. It leaves NK. nearly a hour before Udon time.

I have been once by train on B.M.s recommendations. NEVER again. I might have been unlucky. The cost was also a lot dearer. Plus eatra fares to BKK. If you can travel in the daytime, no need to sleep just enjoy the sights, it might be better. At night constant rocking, stops and starts, and whistle blowing, made sleep for me impossible and was not very comfy.

Cheers Doug.

Hi

407 Bus Service from Petronas at the Junction of Pattya Klang and Sukhumvit , it's a V.I.P Bus and it stops at Korat, Khon Kaen, and Udon Thani before terminating in Nong Khai,

• 3 weeks later...

Been coming to Thailand since '81. Have taken trains all over. Take the train. (1st class sleeper is worth the extra money.) Nong Kai is a nice town for a few days. Very laid back. The riverboat/dinner thing is kind of fun once.

In Bangkok, you can take the subway from sukimvit (soi Asoke) right into the train station at the end of the line. Used to be a lot of pickpockets in the BKK train station though.