Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Are bicycle riders required (and enforced) to wear a helment in Pattaya?

As far as i know there is know enforcement of helmets for Cyclists.I always wear a helmet and offer them to the Cycle group.We have passed many Policemen without a helmet, and never been stopped. nobo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Thaiempire. I do a fair amount of cycling when home in England to help keep fit. I miss it during my regular trips to Pats, although there are compensations. I will try and make it Monday29 November for a ride with you.

• 2 weeks later...

The bicycle club met on Wednesday at 1pm outside the Sports bar in Jomtien Condominium.We had a group of 6 people.We then went to Wat Wan.We returned at 4pm.Great trip and everybody enjoyed it.We will be having another longer trip every Wednesday.All welcome.

I went to Jomtien yesterday intending to join the ride, but I just couldnt find the venue. Mentioned earler was Jomtien Condominium at the junction of the Beach Road and Soi 11. I couldnt see a Sports Bar there and nobody I asked knew about a bike shop. What does the Jomtien Condo look like ?. Can you give me precise directions for next time. Maybe I'm a bit slow !.

Found you this afternoon when I rode into the Jomtien Condo complex on my motor bike !. On Wednesday I assumed the rendezvous was at the junction of Soi 11 and the Beach Road.

I am looking at getting some insurance cover for the Bicycle club,but have not found anything yet.
AA insurance profess to be able to insure anything.

Have a unit for sale next to the Bicycle Club.Price is 3.5 mil ono.If you buy the Unit i will also sale you a Unit in A3 for 690,000 baht.50/50 on all fees for both sales.And of course you will get a free LA mountain bike.

DSCF1504.JPG

We ride Monday,Wednesday,Friday and Sunday.I carry a small first aid kit,mobile phone,repair kit,multi wrench spanner.We have an emergency contact number.Its a social group,and the ride usually lasts 1 hour with a water break.On Sunday we go out for a longer run.This Sunday we went to Wat Yan.Hope this is of some help.

DSCF1521.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Jomtien beach bicycle club meet on Monday,Wed,and Friday at 9am outside the Sports Bar in Jomtien Beach Condominium.You can hire a bicycle for the ride at 50baht this includes tea or coffee when you get back.