Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Blue Ray Movies Available at Tukcom?

Just wondering if they have them there. I usually buy an assortment of DVD's to bring back home, but now that I've been introduced to Blue Ray, I can hardly watch regular DVD's on my shiny new big screen TV. Does anyone know if they sell them now?

Around 300 baht but be careful. A lot of so called Blu-Ray disks are actually re-encoded blu-rays written to a DVD 9.

I've seen a few with 25 gb (25 gigabyte) written across the cover and these have been genuine BR disks.

The actual blu rays they sell (on the bottom floor) are about 1100 -1300 baht. I can not understand why they are so expensive compared to a normal DVD at 200-300 baht. The ones they sell on the third floor I presume are copies, so i cannot see the point of getting a copy (with dubious quality) if you want the best picture.

They also sell them at the Central Mall but again over 1100 baht.

We’ve got to start somewhere so I bought a few 'copy' blue ray discs on the third floor of Tuckom just to see what the quality was like and it turned out to be hit and miss as is the case with your bog standard DVD’s.

One blue ray copy was unwatchable and was returned without hassle.

The others i bought were fine apart from a couple of blips like frame freezing.

The cost of a blue ray 'copy' disc was 150 baht.

The so–called real deal blue ray disc I viewed with suspicion as the colors on the cover’s didn’t look right to me and looked as if they’d been run off on a cheap printer and when there were a few discs of the same title stacked together the cover colors varied.

The cost of the so-called genuine blue ray disc was 550 baht.

I bought the movie The Hurt Locker in the UK for £11 whilst the same blue ray disc in Tuckom sells at 550 baht which at today’s exchange rate it costs about the same.

i do not have a blue ray player, but the copy blue ray dvds I buy upstairs at tukcom will play the cheap one I have. I am assuming therefore that they are not genuine blue ray and that is reflected in the cheap prices. Buyer beware I think

Edited by biggles

Beware, all the 'Blu-ray' discs I bought at Tukcom(3rd floor) were fakes.

Genuine blu-ray movies will NOT play on normal dvd players.

I paid 250 baht for each dvd.

Only buy from Central mall.

Beware, all the 'Blu-ray' discs I bought at Tukcom(3rd floor) were fakes.

Genuine blu-ray movies will NOT play on normal dvd players.

I paid 250 baht for each dvd.

Only buy from Central mall.

Same here. I bought a 'blu ray' from the 3rd floor 150 baht. It was in a lovely blu ray box but played on my normal DVD player, clearly a fake. The actual picture wasn't too bad but not blu ray.