Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Interested in how much grog people drink daily in Pattaya.

I understand it will differ between guys that live in LOS and tourists on binge junkets.

My normal holiday is always 2-3 weeks, so normally go stupid for the whole trip.

Here is an honest day on the piss for me and my mates.

Sorry if this subject has been discussed before.

Out of the rack around 10.00am.

Breakfast at around 11.00am and 1 or 2 bloody marys just to get the blood flowing.

12.00 noon wonder around to a few bars (sportsman) and would have a round of singhs' (3 stubbies)

1.00pm find a new bar (happy bar) and have another round (3 stubbies)

2.00 - 2.30 back to motel and lay around pool for a lazy afternoon until around 5.00pm, drink around pool average 5-6 stubbies.

5.30 shower and freshen up for another night of sheer madness and many laughs.

6.00 off to Rockhouse but will now be The Drunken Duck as friends own it, in 3 hours maybe 5 or 6 stubbies and getting sick of beer (+ 4 or 5 scotches)

9.00 off to Walking st to see friends who own Mummas, in 3 hours anywhere between 12 - 15 scotches (+ numerous shots, normaly free from mate who has bar).

Not one for being out until 5.00am so around midnight generally pissed as a parrot will LT a lovely from Mummas or any other bar in Walking st and home for me around 1.00am.

So i normaly pay my girl 100bt for 10-15 minutes of loven and 1400bt for putting up with my snoring for 8 hours.

9.00am another massive shag session (15-20 minutes) and its time for her to go and time for me to shower up for breakfast and another Bloody Mary. :rolleyes:

That equates to 35-40 standard drinks. I have met a few English boys who would drown me to. So is this the norm for mongers on the swill ?

In Australia any more than 4 standard drinks a day makes you an alcoholic according to the wowzers and so called experts.

After 2 or 3 weeks of this im seriously fukd and want to go home and die but Monday comes and its off to fukn work again.

But for now the countdown is on, 12 days and counting.

Hope you have plenty of cold Blackthorns ready Poppa Bob. :cry4:

Cunt son 2.

My apologies, i have no clues to how this ended up in the Thai political pages. Im sure the mods will move it ,lol

Edited by soi 6
Sound like a great day, so what's the problem ???? :rolleyes: :cry4: :chogdee

Hahahahaha definately no problems, just interested if this amount of booze each day is the norm for short time stayers in LOS.

Just wish i could stay for 6 months at a time. :chogdee

if you stayed for 6 months drinking at that rate I think you would do some serious damage to your body Soi 6 :)

BTW when you say Happy bar (are you talking about the one on second road) not far from Mike's Shopping?

For whatever reason, my body will not let me drink during the day without getting tired, hung over and grouchy by early evening.

However, I have no trouble drinking late evening and into the early morning. I rarely drink before 8pm then I usually have a couple of glasses of wine or beer with dinner and then hit the hard stuff. Total of maybe 10-15 drinks per night unless I'm really hitting it hard, then who knows how much I drink.

I enjoy just about every type of liquor, as long as it's tasty. I especially enjoy dark rums and drink it over ice or straight up. I also like stuff like sweet stuff port wine, sambucca or Grand Marnier, etc. I enjoy a nice single malt scotch but tend to get a headache in the morning. Bourbon as well.

I don't really care for white wine, light beer or cheap tequila.

if you stayed for 6 months drinking at that rate I think you would do some serious damage to your body Soi 6 :)

BTW when you say Happy bar (are you talking about the one on second road) not far from Mike's Shopping?

Thats the one Kev, like catching up with the cats and my second poppa, Canadian Bob :rolleyes:

I would be dead with that amont.

I drink a couple of times a week

7pm start

2-4 tiger/singha

20 or more sangsom/soda or coke or lipo

MAYBE a cider or a coouple of ber lao

IF its midnight or 4am i go home when i start getting pissed,in betwee the odd st or massage.My problem is my head is saying if you drink too much you die early,and my life is so great i want to live forever lol lol

Generally when on holidays I like to drink beers and shots only once the sun goes down and I've had something to eat (not counting a few drinks with dinner). So for me a normal day on holidays would be start drinking around 8.30ish and finish anywhere from 2am to 4am. Too old to do this every night though so some nights have to be a 10.30 start.

That equates to 35-40 standard drinks. I have met a few English boys who would drown me to. So is this the norm for mongers on the swill ?

Lightweight. :thumbup

I keep a 42-pounder of Vat 69 beside my bed just to steady my hands when I wake up. That's hard to carry around so I pour some Sangsom into a coffee thermos and carry it to the beer bar, they always pour light for some reason and I need to spike my drinks with something.

I don't have much for lunch as it leaves little room for the piss and I can't hold any food down anyway. Usually I choke down a chocolate bar for energy and sit outside the am/pm until the BIB move me along or my thermos runs dry.

About this time I start seeing things, and when I cry out passersby get annoyed, so I head back to my fan room for a nap. A nip of cooking sherry (no more than half a bottle or so) dulls the ache in the small of my back, which I reckon is where my liver is, and when I wake up I down a couple paracetamol to kill the headache and strike out to enjoy the bright lights of the city.

Can't tell you much about the early evening phase of the day as I rarely remember it and only have the usual gashes and bruises for a clue as to what I've been up to. It's only when I wake up in the hospital or the soi 9 lockup that I get any info on what I was doing with my dwindling band of friends. (I used to read about it in the Pattaya Mail but I can't really see straight anymore.)

By that time the pubs that offer breakfast are starting to open and it's time to start all over again! :beer

Wow! I can't (and won't) get anywhere near this.

A couple beers during daylight and a few (3 or 4) at night.

That's it for me.

10 AM early morning beer

11 am find a convenient bar that has happy hour and drink for at least 2-3 hours (9 drinks)

3 pm head back to the room for more beer that i have purchased or some samsong and cokes (5-6)

5-6 pm Start drinking more beer and/or shots (3-4)

7 pm back to another bar with happy hour (6 drinks)

8 pm back to the room for pre- take off with an assortment of drinks (usually4-5)

9 pm pub crawling begins, 3 drink minimum at each and every bar

midnight pretty pissed by that time and stumble, crawl, baht bus back to 1st bar for a few nightcaps

If i'm to drunk, no point trying to get it up. I have a hard enough time walking as it is. Otherwise, find me the closest bar with a cute girl

and have her nurse me back to health.

That's pretty much myself and gauge most night. We do tend to spend 2-3 days a week drinking ACTUAL water, coconut juice, whatever to give our kidneys a break. Unfortunetly, it only last about the tiem we think we are properly hydrated, then it's back to seeing how much we can drink once again. All in all, a damn good time. Thats for at least a 2-3 week holiday. Beyond that, its a couple times a week and going to the gym. :thumbup :puke

Interested in how much grog people drink daily in Pattaya.

I understand it will differ between guys that live in LOS and tourists on binge junkets.

My normal holiday is always 2-3 weeks, so normally go stupid for the whole trip.

Here is an honest day on the piss for me and my mates.

Sorry if this subject has been discussed before.

Out of the rack around 10.00am.

Breakfast at around 11.00am and 1 or 2 bloody marys just to get the blood flowing.

12.00 noon wonder around to a few bars (sportsman) and would have a round of singhs' (3 stubbies)

1.00pm find a new bar (happy bar) and have another round (3 stubbies)

2.00 - 2.30 back to motel and lay around pool for a lazy afternoon until around 5.00pm, drink around pool average 5-6 stubbies.

5.30 shower and freshen up for another night of sheer madness and many laughs.

6.00 off to Rockhouse but will now be The Drunken Duck as friends own it, in 3 hours maybe 5 or 6 stubbies and getting sick of beer (+ 4 or 5 scotches)

9.00 off to Walking st to see friends who own Mummas, in 3 hours anywhere between 12 - 15 scotches (+ numerous shots, normaly free from mate who has bar).

Not one for being out until 5.00am so around midnight generally pissed as a parrot will LT a lovely from Mummas or any other bar in Walking st and home for me around 1.00am.

So i normaly pay my girl 100bt for 10-15 minutes of loven and 1400bt for putting up with my snoring for 8 hours.

9.00am another massive shag session (15-20 minutes) and its time for her to go and time for me to shower up for breakfast and another Bloody Mary. :chogdee

In Australia any more than 4 standard drinks a day makes you an alcoholic according to the wowzers and so called experts.

After 2 or 3 weeks of this im seriously fukd and want to go home and die but Monday comes and its off to fukn work again.

But for now the countdown is on, 12 days and counting.

Hope you have plenty of cold Blackthorns ready Poppa Bob. :chogdee

Cunt son 2.

My apologies, i have no clues to how this ended up in the Thai political pages. Im sure the mods will move it ,lol

LIGHTWEIGHT, BUT KEEP ON TRYING :thumbup :puke :chogdee :thumbup :thumbup

For me, there's no such thing as an "average day." Some days, I don;t drink much of anything. Other days, I drink too much.

In any event, I usually don't drink anything until 1-2PM. If I'm out and about at that early hour, I might have a beer or two with lunch. Or, maybe I'll stop in at TQ on Beach Road to get out of the heat and have a few beers and a snack. Perhaps, I'll stop into Far East Rock for another beer or two. But if I'm not careful, I can transition from there to another bar or two and after that, who knows? I could end up in the Twilight /Zone on Walking Street.

Preferably, I won't do much drinking until 9PM or so. A few beers at a go go, a beer or two at another go go, and so on. But if I drink too much I'll eventually end up back in my room with some girl. How I got there is a mystery.

The best course of action is to limit yourself to four or five beers.

Generally when on holidays I like to drink beers and shots only once the sun goes down and I've had something to eat (not counting a few drinks with dinner). So for me a normal day on holidays would be start drinking around 8.30ish and finish anywhere from 2am to 4am. Too old to do this every night though so some nights have to be a 10.30 start.

Not too old mate,too sensible

I just got back from a 10 day holiday in the USA and, on two occasions, had a half a bottle of wine in a day.

When not in holiday mode, that is, when I am here in Thailand, I don't have my first drink until 10pm or later (I like to push it to 11pm or midnight). On some special occasions, like a party in the bar, or visiting a friend's bar early before going to FLB, I'll have a drink or two after 8pm. I find that messes up my night.

I am a light drinker, an easy drunk, and don't find anything wrong with that, since for what little I drink, I can usually count on going home soused.

The problem is when some long absent friend comes to the bar and wants to buy Jack Daniels or premium tequilas. You guys know who you are :angry2: . That usually ends up as a train wreck for me, because I am normally a beer drinker, and it messes up my pace.

The difference for me is that being here in Thailand, I drink nearly every day, at least 320 days a year (with maybe 40 days out of town or the country), so it's definitely a lot of drinking, no matter how I try to moderate it. I'm not complaining!

What's wrong with pushing your limits of booze every once in awhile? You ARE on holiday yes? :allright :grin :nod :drunk :whistling: :gulp

Is there a problem with the alcohol content in the beer in Thailand?

In my home country if I have 5 beers I am normally a little sore he following day. But in Thailand I can knock back 10 or more and still have energy to carry on night after night. Must be the adrenaline.