Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

UK Airport Taxes

UK Airport taxes went up considerably today . You would think it was a ploy by the government to stop working class oiks like me getting above our status by having 3 long haul holidays a year.

Fookin disgrace but will not stop me , just have to cut down on food etc.

your were paying £50 in tax to travel to LOS before today, now your paying £75, not really gonna break the bank is it?

80 quid actually but I get your point , however how many more 30 quid tax raises plus natural airline price rises do we normal blokes have to put up with ?

80 quid actually but I get your point , however how many more 30 quid tax raises plus natural airline price rises do we normal blokes have to put up with ?

I think we come under band C

Band C: 4,001-6000 miles, inc. Caribbean and S Africa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11664560

having said that its gone up from £40 to nearly double that in just 3 years :whistling:

Edited by pattaya_mad
your were paying £50 in tax to travel to LOS before today, now your paying £75, not really gonna break the bank is it?
It is a 50% increase, if his take home salary (or benefits) does that I guess he won't have a problem...... Edited by jacko

What is a disgrace is you can fly from the UK to Holland and then onwards to Thailand but these tricksters want to charge you for the second leg? It shouldn't be permitted. Yes they can tax the 1st leg as we leave the UK to get to Holland, there after it has nothing what so ever to do with this country IMO.

What is a disgrace is you can fly from the UK to Holland and then onwards to Thailand but these tricksters want to charge you for the second leg? It shouldn't be permitted. Yes they can tax the 1st leg as we leave the UK to get to Holland, there after it has nothing what so ever to do with this country IMO.
Agreed.... I was discussing this with a friend only the other day...

Effectively, the UK government will base their tax on your final destination irrespective of aircraft changes at points between. They are applying UK taxation to other country's flights! It is obscene....

Similar to one attempting to claim non-residency for tax purposes, they want you to confirm in writing from the country where you actually reside that you meet that country's taxation liabilities....effectively the UK government becomes the tax gestapo for other countries!!!!!

When you over tax, and waste the money, reducing your tax base, you become desperate. It is early days yet but I look to some airlines to figure a way around this. So far, it looks as if I need my onward leg to be on a seperate booking!!!

Edited by jacko
Agreed.... I was discussing this with a friend only the other day...

Effectively, the UK government will base their tax on your final destination irrespective of aircraft changes at points between. They are applying UK taxation to other country's flights! It is obscene....

Similar to one attempting to claim non-residency for tax purposes, they want you to confirm in writing from the country where you actually reside that you meet that country's taxation liabilities....effectively the UK government becomes the tax gestapo for other countries!!!!!

When you over tax, and waste the money, reducing your tax base, you become desperate. It is early days yet but I look to some airlines to figure a way around this. So far, it looks as if I need my onward leg to be on a seperate booking!!!

It's a joke. Taxing people on flights from another country. It's about time people opened their eyes to this scam.

The UK are hungry for money just now, but still throw billions overseas in aid?!?!? Makes no sense. Maybe one time, before I die, we will get a government with a back bone. The 'gay twins' just now make me feel violently sick every time I see them! SPINELESS the pair of them. As normal, they target the easy ones, the tax payers! Twats

It's a joke. Taxing people on flights from another country. It's about time people opened their eyes to this scam.

The UK are hungry for money just now, but still throw billions overseas in aid?!?!? Makes no sense. Maybe one time, before I die, we will get a government with a back bone. The 'gay twins' just now make me feel violently sick every time I see them! SPINELESS the pair of them. As normal, they target the easy ones, the tax payers! Twats

I agree 100% somethings have to change before this country will get into shape again! i.e a government with balls (maybe they should look to Austrailia for guidance on this issue) They know how to deal with such problems as immigrants and money ! and treating the locals with respect.