Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Never stayed there but most reports are good so was looking at staying there my next trip, anyone got any recent reports though as i read one review that said dont walk down the soi back to the hotel at night as its a bit of a way down and could be dangerous ???, i thought it was up near the bars near 2nd road :banghead

Another report says that some rooms are very noisy, and from looking at the website there is a big selection so what are the areas with rooms to avoid, i was looking at rooms by the dolphin swimming pool.

Never stayed there but most reports are good so was looking at staying there my next trip, anyone got any recent reports though as i read one review that said dont walk down the soi back to the hotel at night as its a bit of a way down and could be dangerous ???, i thought it was up near the bars near 2nd road :clueless

Another report says that some rooms are very noisy, and from looking at the website there is a big selection so what are the areas with rooms to avoid, i was looking at rooms by the dolphin swimming pool.

Its my hotel of choice, have stayed there four times (last time being July this year) and will do so again when next in town.

The Hotel is about 80 meters from second road, first time i have ever seen mentioned it being dangerous walking back at night.

Most of the bars there seem to go pretty late always one or two still operating with the lights off well after closing time.

The only rooms to avoid are the cheapies in the front for 700 baht, and the Dolphin Pool B rooms, the rooms are nice but youre at the back of the building with no views any other room you shouldn't have complaints.

The dolphin pool area, is approx 6-8 little cottages which share its own little pool and sunbathing area, quite nice.

The Ruen Thai and Sabai wings are also quite nice , and the main area Large Pool A Rooms are all well maintained rooms.

You have access to all four pools however I don't think anyone other than the people staying in the Dolphin Cottages swim in the Dolphin Pool

Edited by nus01

I stayed there last year with a friend from Scotland, separate rooms as she also likes ladies.

Absolutely no issues with noise or feeling unsafe in Soi 2, my friend walked all around Pattaya on her own, both during the day and returning to the hotel at night and never mentioned a thing.

We had rooms that backed onto Soi 2 at the Large Pool (Deluxe B Non-Smoking) and got a deal to include breakfast for one, just email the hotel and ask for their best rate.

Rooms are not that big but clean and comfortable, staff are good, as is the Sala Thai restaurant.

The only odd thing is that the Aircon thermostat is hidden INSIDE the drop-down filter panel on the main unit, just open the panel and set it around 25C to start and see how you go from there.

I stayed there last year with a friend from Scotland, separate rooms as she also likes ladies.

Absolutely no issues with noise or feeling unsafe in Soi 2, my friend walked all around Pattaya on her own, both during the day and returning to the hotel at night and never mentioned a thing.

We had rooms that backed onto Soi 2 at the Large Pool (Deluxe B Non-Smoking) and got a deal to include breakfast for one, just email the hotel and ask for their best rate.

Rooms are not that big but clean and comfortable, staff are good, as is the Sala Thai restaurant.

The only odd thing is that the Aircon thermostat is hidden INSIDE the drop-down filter panel on the main unit, just open the panel and set it around 25C to start and see how you go from there.

She would have filled my fantasy,wonder if she would let you watch?

Never stayed there but most reports are good so was looking at staying there my next trip, anyone got any recent reports though as i read one review that said dont walk down the soi back to the hotel at night as its a bit of a way down and could be dangerous ???, i thought it was up near the bars near 2nd road :rolleyes:

I stayed in soi 3 and walked down there a bit,I would be in the commontators head,safe as houses.

BJ in soi 3 is good.

I've stayed in the Sabai Lodge three or four times. I guess a total of three or four months.

It's a good place. Laid back, with a good location. Big C is down at the corner, as well as three soapy massage places. The baht buses come by right in front. Just don't pay too much.

Have a look at the Sabai Resort up on second road, the old weekender hotel. IMHO a better hotel with a range of room types. I prefer the Ruen Thai bungalows in the resort, nice and quiet and reasonably private. Always stay there when in Pattaya. Just my two bahts worth.

Regards

Fireman Sam

Have a look at the Sabai Resort up on second road, the old weekender hotel. IMHO a better hotel with a range of room types. I prefer the Ruen Thai bungalows in the resort, nice and quiet and reasonably private. Always stay there when in Pattaya. Just my two bahts worth.

Regards

Fireman Sam

There are lots of options at 1500baht.

Suggest that you also look up the Sabai Inn. I stayed there this year and it was fine but I upgraded to a superior room. The soi is fine and the baht buses pass the door each minute or so. You can use the pool at the main buildings and as far as I was concerned the whole deal was value for money. As a side issue there are some reasonable looking ladies in the bars at the top of the soi and some excellent laundries at the bottom so all in all this IMHO is a remccomended place.

This looks good.......

http://goo.gl/YHZQc

Mate describes as Grand seedy.

And I had always assumed it was an upmarket hotel!

Exactly how did your mate describe the place? Seedy in the sense of dirty and decrepit, or seedy in a sexual sort of way?

And I had always assumed it was an upmarket hotel!

Exactly how did your mate describe the place? Seedy in the sense of dirty and decrepit, or seedy in a sexual sort of way?

I suspect seedy in like lots of places in Pattaya, they could do with a lick of paint etc.

I will definitely be looking at it next visit.

Stayed there 2 nights in November. There was an electrical problem in the room tat took 4 hours to repair. The system is a mess. If you stay there, I would suggest a low floor close to a fire exit. No sprinklers or fire alarm.

I suspect seedy in like lots of places in Pattaya, they could do with a lick of paint etc.

I will definitely be looking at it next visit.

Here it is from pal,he lives in Pattaya and has been to meetings there only.

Seedy =

1. An air of shabby respectability

2. Furniture not really of any style but ornate appearance

3. Not reflecting good taste nor really bad taste but let us say no

discernible taste.

4. Lacking a sense of unity of design, occasionally flamboyant,

occasionally plain & ordinary

5. A sort of wedding cake style building

6. The appearance of someones ideal of respectability and with royal overtones

I can go on but will leave it at that.

Let me add however generally clean and seems from what little I know

of it quite acceptably administered.

I would add also similar in design but better in operation than that

overlarge room you stayed in the time before last certainly upmarket

from the pile of rubble, painted purple which had several places

around named the same that you stayed at for I think one night.

You could find it perfectly OK as a typical Pattaya place that does

not quite get off the ground in terms of a 3 or whatever star hotel.

I've been staying there for the last 3 weeks. Actually I'm in the Sabai Wing which is attached to Sabai Lodge. Good big room with balcony overlooking pool for 1,450 high-season price not incl. breakfast.

Always got lots of hot water; maid changes sheets every day; adequate restaurant and reasonable room service.

Three pools available, I use Ruen Thai pool which gets lot of sun all day.

Good location - lots of bars, restaurants in this area. Big C very close Buses run down Soi Song.

No joiner fee.

I like it.

Jim

Sabai Lodge.......... rooms adjacent to the pool (soi 2) get infested by mozzies. They will come and spray the room if you ask but it's never convenient. It was enough of a problem for me to transfer hotels.

No noise problems or safety issues walking to and fro.

Grand Sole........ Have stayed there before and it was ok. Had a look in last year and the rooms were very shabby looking. Needed a make over.

There used to be a massage parlour. They will come to your room if you prefer. I ended up banging her for 500 extra :cry4:

Sabai Lodge.......... rooms adjacent to the pool (soi 2) get infested by mozzies. They will come and spray the room if you ask but it's never convenient. It was enough of a problem for me to transfer hotels.

No noise problems or safety issues walking to and fro.

Grand Sole........ Have stayed there before and it was ok. Had a look in last year and the rooms were very shabby looking. Needed a make over.

There used to be a massage parlour. They will come to your room if you prefer. I ended up banging her for 500 extra :clueless

Good to see you are doing the right thing by these girls,keep up good work.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be staying there for 2 weeks over xmas/new year. a mate of mine stays there every year, he loves it. this will be my first time in Pattaya so looking forward to it. ill be by myself for the first week till my friends get there the week after. anyone looking to have a drink or something let me know. oh also, how far is sabai lodge to WalkSt, ive heard that its the main party spot, but also lots of bars near the lodge?

I will be staying there for 2 weeks over xmas/new year. a mate of mine stays there every year, he loves it. this will be my first time in Pattaya so looking forward to it. ill be by myself for the first week till my friends get there the week after. anyone looking to have a drink or something let me know. oh also, how far is sabai lodge to WalkSt, ive heard that its the main party spot, but also lots of bars near the lodge?

Baht buses will come right by the hotel doorstep and youll be 5 or so minutes to walking street, cost is 10 baht.

I walk to walking street quite a bit and probably takes 30 minutes.

Their is approx 20 odds bars , three GO GOS , THREE SOAPY VENUES ALL IN within 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Soi 6 is about 10 minutes walk

Pattaya is very easy to navigate your not really more than 10 minutes from anywhere on a baht bus and baht buses come by every 30 seconds.

Well I stayed for 5 nights, booked online and got a room above the dolphin pool which was ok although a bit worn and dated and only a small window so pretty dark, noisy air conditioning but very little noise from the surrounding sois, TV was very old and picture quality pretty bad, but hey I wasn’t there to watch TV !, bathroom was old but clean and water pressure ok, no wifi in rooms which was a big negative for me but its free to use in the lobby area, pools are well maintained and good for an afternoon lazing around.

Got breakfast included in the room rate, which is a buffet spread, food was ok and they have a chef who cooks your eggs to order and she got my omelette spot on each morning, the staff as well i found very friendly and helpfull.

Overall its ok, would say there is better around should you want to look but for 1200 Baht at the beginning of high season its not bad value, tried to upgrade my room but nothing else available, maybe the 1500+ baht rooms are better, high season it looks like the cheapest rooms were 1000 but for better rooms anything up to 2500.

Location is good, far enough away from the madness but easy to reach as well and the bars at the top of soi 2 have some very nice girls and a few good cover bands.

Edited by Alfred
Well I stayed for 5 nights, booked online and got a room above the dolphin pool which was ok although a bit worn and dated and only a small window so pretty dark, noisy air conditioning but very little noise from the surrounding sois, TV was very old and picture quality pretty bad, but hey I wasn’t there to watch TV !, bathroom was old but clean and water pressure ok, no wifi in rooms which was a big negative for me but its free to use in the lobby area, pools are well maintained and good for an afternoon lazing around.

Got breakfast included in the room rate, which is a buffet spread, food was ok and they have a chef who cooks your eggs to order and she got my omelette spot on each morning, the staff as well i found very friendly and helpfull.

Overall its ok, would say there is better around should you want to look but for 1200 Baht at the beginning of high season its not bad value, tried to upgrade my room but nothing else available, maybe the 1500+ baht rooms are better, high season it looks like the cheapest rooms were 1000 but for better rooms anything up to 2500.

Location is good, far enough away from the madness but easy to reach as well and the bars at the top of soi 2 have some very nice girls and a few good cover bands.

Much prefer http://www.bjpattaya.com/

Soi 3.