Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A bar lady and 13000 baht

Living Dolls One

We were out touring walking street on Sunday night with

Some mates and a few of our guests staying at THE DRUNKEN DUCK.

We stopped in Living Dolls One to view the line up which I may say

Is very nice and tasty as it always is

I left some mates there and moved on to see other venues.

Monday afternoon I received a phone call from my good friend

Gary at Living Dolls One asking me if I had guest by the name of

Rob staying in our guesthouse he then explained to me that

Rob had lost his wallet in his bar last night and that one of his service

ladies had found the wallet after he left the bar.

yes it still had all the money in it which was 13000 baht.

My friend then said it would be at the bar and he could pick it up

later on Monday night.

A BIG THANKYOU to the service lady and Living Dolls One

Rob now tells me that he gave the service lady that returned his wallet and the 13000baht

a very generous reward of 3000 baht

And spent 1000 baht on ping pong balls for the rest of the staff

He also gave 1000baht to the thai manager

GM

very honest girl, I'll bet there's even mongers out there that would have kept the cash if they found it.

13000 cash left in wallet after a nigh't entertainment was far too much cash to bring out.

how much cash had he on him at the start of the night?

Well I think the Idiot should be shot for carrying 13k in wallet but then again I was that Idiot :-)

Thanks again to Gary and all the staff of LD1 - already had it down as a loss so excellent suprise when he called the duck just on the off chance I was with the group from Duck that has been in the bar earlier - the odds on that back home = 0

13000 cash left in wallet after a nigh't entertainment was far too much cash to bring out.

agree, but as my atm only lets me take 13k a day it was next days cash I'd just withdrawn - dont usually take wallet but made a mistake that could of ended up costly - live and learn

regards shambley (new member of the Living Dolls 1 fan club ) :-)

Top stuff all round. :thumbup

If i lost my wallet whilst overseas id be happy if it was returned even with the money missing. If its got all the credit cards in there its an absolute recipe for disaster for the trip.

good on them was only big ing up livin dolls the other day always a faverit with me

one question for evry one woud it of been same story if the guy from liveing dolls was thai/ie thai management ?

i doubt that very much

enjoy rest of your trip

maby see you soon if you in town next week

Well done to the LD1 people, and well done to Shambley for being so generous with the rewards.

It has done LD1 some good as I shall make a point of having a beer or two there shortly. It is a place I normally shun.

good on them was only big ing up livin dolls the other day always a faverit with me

one question for evry one woud it of been same story if the guy from liveing dolls was thai/ie thai management ?

i doubt that very much

enjoy rest of your trip

maby see you soon if you in town next week

In the OP's original post the last line states:

He also gave 1000baht to the Thai manager

Doesn't that mean that LD1 has Thai management? :thumbup

Actually it is Thai management. Or so the OP states.

Whoops. Sorry bastax33 - you did it better than me.

i doubt that very much

Picking up that white man's burden is tough work.

Edited by joekicker

On the subject of management of LD1, they have a Thai manager, but LD1 is owned and operated by farangs. They also have a farang manager.

Most gogos and bars of any size that are owned by farangs have someone who acts as the Thai "manager". That's almost a given.

But to describe LD1 as "thai management", as spider asks, would be somewhat inaccurate.

There're almost too many participants in the "chain of command" for this event to have had the good conclusion it had. For sure, it's well done and congrats to all those involved.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I think the Idiot should be shot for carrying 13k in wallet but then again I was that Idiot :-)

Thanks again to Gary and all the staff of LD1 - already had it down as a loss so excellent suprise when he called the duck just on the off chance I was with the group from Duck that has been in the bar earlier - the odds on that back home = 0

agree, but as my atm only lets me take 13k a day it was next days cash I'd just withdrawn - dont usually take wallet but made a mistake that could of ended up costly - live and learn

Was well pleased to hear this story and nice knowing you are a friend of Tonys from The Drunken Duck , hope service girl 106 ( p u ) has set an example for the rest of the staff , well done Pu........... honesty does pay ! :D

well done nice that there is honest folk about unlike tonys gym near walking st i gave em my bag for safe keep and the phillipino girl emptied my wallet and i was stupid id done a similar thing i was down to dollars and a few thousand bht so drew out 10,k from atm yes i was the fool never again go tonys gym and never trust a phillipino jing jing lesten learnt take head