Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

When did Family Mart and 7-11 in Suvarnabhumi

for Happy DTAC ?

I was on my way home :grin-jump and thought it would be nice to add a little more credit on my thai SIM card. I bought the top up cards in the airport before - but this time both Family Mart and 7-11 (both at departure floor and at arrival floor) said "no have" - what happened ?

for Happy DTAC ?

I was on my way home :grin-jump and thought it would be nice to add a little more credit on my thai SIM card. I bought the top up cards in the airport before - but this time both Family Mart and 7-11 (both at departure floor and at arrival floor) said "no have" - what happened ?

Most 7-11s simply print out a receipt thing with the 16 digit code on it if you want it for later use. They were probably being very accurate in their response to your question i.e. they have no cards.

Edited by CheshireTom
Most 7-11s simply print out a receipt thing with the 16 digit code on it if you want it for later use. They were probably being very accurate in their response to your question i.e. they have no cards.

You might be right - I hope so - but I don't think to - happy DTAC sarm roy worked well enough in Pattaya for the printed slips too - but maybe someone can check it

for Happy DTAC ?

They stopped selling them about 5 minutes before you got there............Didn't anybody tell you? :allright

Edited by captcraig2

The trip before last I had brought a quad band unlocked phone (for setting up online banking with KasiKorn).

I went to 7-11 near Suk 33 in Bangkok and managed through the lack of language skills on both sides to get a sim card, however, upon arriving back at the hotel, I realized i had no minutes. I went back and although the manager spoke no English and I speak no Thai, she managed to figure out that I needed minutes, told me how many baht to pay, rang up the sale, took the receipt and charged my phone for me. What a doll!

I kept all the receipts and 1-2-3 sim card packaging so that on my recent trip I could at least point to what I needed.

7-11 in Bangkok still provides. I can't speak for Pattaya.

The trip before last I had brought a quad band unlocked phone (for setting up online banking with KasiKorn).

I went to 7-11 near Suk 33 in Bangkok and managed through the lack of language skills on both sides to get a sim card, however, upon arriving back at the hotel, I realized i had no minutes. I went back and although the manager spoke no English and I speak no Thai, she managed to figure out that I needed minutes, told me how many baht to pay, rang up the sale, took the receipt and charged my phone for me. What a doll!

I kept all the receipts and 1-2-3 sim card packaging so that on my recent trip I could at least point to what I needed.

7-11 in Bangkok still provides. I can't speak for Pattaya.

Still provides what?

Edited by CheshireTom
  • 6 months later...

I know I can still buy minutes in 7/11 and Family Mart in Pattaya - but I am not so sure in the shops I mentioned in the OP.

Instead of buy a top up card, they now give you a cash register receipt with a code on it. It's up to you, I guess, to figure out how to enter it all into your phone, or, if you're lucky, the girl at the Family Mart or wherever will do it for you if you have your phone with you.

I've also sen machines around, like vending machines, that sell minutes.

Instead of buy a top up card, they now give you a cash register receipt with a code on it. It's up to you, I guess, to figure out how to enter it all into your phone, or, if you're lucky, the girl at the Family Mart or wherever will do it for you if you have your phone with you.

I've also seen machines around, like vending machines, that sell minutes.

They seem to be phasing out the cards in favour of the printed slips - makes sense as no stock is required.

Some of them also do an instant topup via the terminals at the 7-11. You enter your phone number (or the number you want to top up) and within seconds it's done for you online. Great system for topping up someone elses phone. We use it for all the staff phones as it means I don't have to chase them for receipts.

As a side point it will also work with a phone that is switched off or overseas.

If you have a local bank account with internet access some of the banks allow you to "do it online" also. I know SCB does for certain and I suspect that Kasikorn has the same facility (but don't hold me to that.

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

If you have a local bank account with internet access some of the banks allow you to "do it online" also. I know SCB does for certain and I suspect that Kasikorn has the same facility (but don't hold me to that.

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

Bangkok bank allow it, using the phone too (rather than via computer). A bit laborious though with loads of numbers to press a options to listen through.

I know SCB does for certain and I suspect that Kasikorn has the same facility (but don't hold me to that.

Kasikorn has this online facility, I use it often.

I just ring the lady at the market near my house and tell her how much to top it up, and then pay her the next time I drop in. The cards are deffo being phased out. Just as easy to top up using a credit card and ringing them yourself.

I think this has drifted a bit from Suvanabhumi airport 711/family mart. Anyway a month ago i tried buying Dtac credit at Suvanabhumi and couldn't either and was given the impression that they did other carrier just not Dtac.

I think this has drifted a bit from Suvanabhumi airport 711/family mart. Anyway a month ago i tried buying Dtac credit at Suvanabhumi and couldn't either and was given the impression that they did other carrier just not Dtac.

There's a DTAC shop on the Arrivals level - between Exit Doors 6 and 7 - that's open 24 hours.

Have you activated the numbers on the slip yet! If no , then thanks! 555 :chogdee :kissing

You might be right - I hope so - but I don't think to - happy DTAC sarm roy worked well enough in Pattaya for the printed slips too - but maybe someone can check it

I always say 'x loy top up 12call'. The word 'top up' seems pretty important as 'sam loy' could mean the 300B card as a well.

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk