Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

No Cheap flights from UK

Lookin for a flight mid to late jan, way to much at the moment i use kayak should i look elsewhere :chogdee gotta be from Brum if poss :chogdee

Edited by MM
cleaned up topic title

I've found that it's best (in the USA anyway) to use Kayak, Hipmunk, Travelocity, etc to get an idea of who has cheaper flights and then check those individual airline's websites as they seem to be a bit cheaper purchasing directly.

Lookin for a flight mid to late jan, way to much at the moment i use kayak should i look elsewhere :whistling: gotta be from Brum if poss :beer

£868 via Qatar dep 25 Jan. Too much for you?

£868 via Qatar dep 25 Jan. Too much for you?

Not too much! but im used to payin around the 600 mark :rolleyes: its the principle Jacko they are robbing cunts wackin almost 300 quid on for what reason :rolleyes:

thanks for havin a look btw :rolleyes:

Not too much! but im used to payin around the 600 mark :rolleyes: its the principle Jacko they are robbing cunts wackin almost 300 quid on for what reason :rolleyes:

thanks for havin a look btw :rolleyes:

Using 20/1 - 10/2, Kayak is showing Emirates from Brum at 616 quid with good connections or 571 quid with crap connections on the outbound.

Up to you whether it's worth 45 quid less to spend 9 hours in Dubai.

Edited by CheshireTom
Lookin for a flight mid to late jan, way to much at the moment i use kayak should i look elsewhere :chogdee gotta be from Brum if poss :chogdee

I presume youve tried ringing West East travel have you mate?

I always phone them ,as they usually have fares and prices other than what is on their web-site? I mean I booked for feb 2, about 7 weeks ago, looking on their site it showed £640 ish for Eva, over the phone they quoted well over a ton less!. Obvioisly though Eva fly from Heathrow! Give them a ring........ nothing to lose!

Villa,

The interesting question is- Will the time you have to sit on you arse to get there, be a longer in hours, than how many your first L.Boy will have to stand up for, after you have finished with him ? :banghead

It's a poser ain't it ? :thumbup

Hi, i always used china air from aberdeen to bkk via amsterdam but not any more. I enquired today with my usual agents Gazelle travel what a shock unbelievable.

Travel in febuary not a busy time, not 500, not 600, not 700 or 800 yes you guessed it 900 POUNDS

Edited by wilnor41
Villa,

The interesting question is- Will the time you have to sit on you arse to get there, be a longer in hours, than how many your first L.Boy will have to stand up for, after you have finished with him ? :D

It's a poser ain't it ? :whistling:

:gone

They cant stand for at least three days , walking usually takes up to a week ;)

Hi, i always used china air from aberdeen to bkk via amsterdam but not any more. I enquired today with my usual agents Gazelle travel what a shock unbelievable.

Travel in febuary not a busy time, not 500, not 600, not 700 or 800 yes you guessed it 900 POUNDS

:hairout :hairout :hairout :hairout :hairout :hairout :hairout :hairout

Chinese New Year is Feb 3rd in 2011, move away from that.

I use Gazelle and China Airlines.

ALL the Economy fares were put up to around £900 by CAL in July this year according to Gordon at the Newcastle branch, date does not seem to matter much.

I have got the discounted Business Class for £1359 travelling from Glasgow on 28th January, back 27th February.

Hey Villa i had a bit of time on my hands at work so i done a quick search and came up with a few reasonably priced options from Birmingham to BKK in January(The dates i keyed in were Jan 12 depart---Jan 26 Return---

Swiss £481(inc Tax)

Turkish....£540....Air France...£578...SAS £593..Etihad..£610

Air France...£495.....Etihad...£600

Emirates...£610

These flights include all Taxes.Not sure of the timings/Layovers of these flights but they might be worth a call.

Druid.

Edited by THE_DRUID
Hey Villa i had a bit of time on my hands at work so i done a quick search and came up with a few reasonably priced options from Birmingham to BKK in January(The dates i keyed in were Jan 12 depart---Jan 26 Return---

Swiss £481(inc Tax)

Turkish....£540....Air France...£578...SAS £593..Etihad..£610

Air France...£495.....Etihad...£600

Emirates...£610

These flights include all Taxes.Not sure of the timings/Layovers of these flights but they might be worth a call.

Druid.

Thanks Mate :kissing

I use Gazelle and China Airlines.

ALL the Economy fares were put up to around £900 by CAL in July this year according to Gordon at the Newcastle branch, date does not seem to matter much.

I have got the discounted Business Class for £1359 travelling from Glasgow on 28th January, back 27th February.

Not much difference there £900 Economy, £1359 for Biz. I thought the extra Biz Class Taxes would push them further apart.

Jacko, I was pleasantly surprised too !

I know CAL do not have the best cabins, but the service still impresses me, so as long as the price stays where it is I'll continue to fly with them.

Emirates and KLM, the next-best connections from Glasgow were both over £2200 for Business Class.

Jacko, I was pleasantly surprised too !

I know CAL do not have the best cabins, but the service still impresses me, so as long as the price stays where it is I'll continue to fly with them.

Emirates and KLM, the next-best connections from Glasgow were both over £2200 for Business Class.

Agreed, it isn't that good a Biz Class, but service is great and the flights were punctual. My last flight with them was spoiled by 2 drunken chavs in the seats infront.

My last Biz class flight cost me £1800 (Ethiad) and now they are about £2k (I like Qatar). About 4x the economy tickets.....