Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just got a new 1-2 call sim card and put 200bt in it, checked and it only gave me 30 days to use it. I called the call center and explained that I don't use my phone a lot and that I wanted to change my plan for more time to use my bt like my last one. She said sorry we don't have that plan anymore but all I had to do is to put 30bt in it when my time ran out and I would get another 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said sorry in 30 days I will have a new sim and it won't be 1-2 call !!!!!!!!!!

My 123 call card I had for several years was good for a year with 200 or 300 top up (forget which). Last March, I did the usual and only 30 days. At Tuk Com they were able to get about 6-7 months after messing with the phone. Pain though.

As for the reactivation, does that mean AFTER the expiration date, I can get the same number back if add 30 baht?????

Do you happen to know if that will apply to top-ups on existing cards. I hope not - that would be very awkward.

Top up on Existing cards are OK, my other card has not changed I have two phones but it's my new 1-2 call sim that there doing it too.

is there any way of topping up your balance from home?

You can do it online if you have an internet enabled bank account here, or a mate could whack some on for you at the 7/11 if you want :rolleyes:

Cheers :clap1: Ken

Last time I looked, they had several different types of 1 2 Call sim cards. Each had a different set of rules.

Just be sure to ask what the current promotions are before you buy. You can probably find out what's what on their web site.

Last time I looked, they had several different types of 1 2 Call sim cards. Each had a different set of rules.

Yep. There are all kinds of promotions and bargains at all times. Lack of communication at the 7-Eleven is inevitably going to cause problems, but the (sad?) fact is there is a lot more than one SIM card.

Just got a new 1-2 call sim card and put 200bt in it, checked and it only gave me 30 days to use it. I called the call center and explained that I don't use my phone a lot and that I wanted to change my plan for more time to use my bt like my last one. She said sorry we don't have that plan anymore but all I had to do is to put 30bt in it when my time ran out and I would get another 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said sorry in 30 days I will have a new sim and it won't be 1-2 call !!!!!!!!!!

Strange, from their website...

* Free call bonus worth 50 baht (valid for 30 days) which customers can check its balance via *121*1#Call

* 30 validity days

* Free trial period of Calling Melody service for 1 month (worth 35 baht). To sign up, dial *273# within 30 days of activation date.

Top - up

* Any amount of top-up will extend validity by another 365 days.

Although it does say if you don't use it for 90 days you can lose the number.....link

I just returned from 2 months in Thailand and never had problem with any of their system. I bought a new phone for my girl with the 1 2 Call sim and she never said a word about any of that. Knowing her, if anything like that had happened I would have heard about it. I've had the same number since very early April and I had until October before it expired. I used it enough on this last trip that when I left I have until Nov of next year before it expires. I can top it off anytme from my Kasikorn savings account online, so it is easy to maintain from here. I can also top up my girl's phone the same way. I love it and will keep it for as long as I can.

Reggie

I have a 1-2-Call SIM card and have to top up every 30 days with 100 Baht to keep it alive. Like a lot of farangs, I don't use the phone that much, so I went to Telewiz in TukCom and they changed the scheme so that I got double the time for a top-up, but my local phone calls then cost twice as much. That seemed OK but at some point it decided to change itself back to the old plan. I can't be bothered with it any more, so I just top up 100 Baht every 30 days and then transfer 100 Baht to my teelac's 1-2-Call SIM using the *140 service whenever I see the credit getting excessive. The gals really do seem to appreciate getting phone credit as much as getting cold cash.

* Free call bonus worth 50 baht (valid for 30 days) which customers can check its balance via *121*1#Call

* 30 validity days

* Free trial period of Calling Melody service for 1 month (worth 35 baht). To sign up, dial *273# within 30 days of activation date.

Top - up

Although it does say if you don't use it for 90 days you can lose the number.....link

I called the call center #1175 and they said a top-up of 30bt would only give me another 30 days

i think people want to know if you lose your number or not? (me included) :chogdee

I don't know if this helps but I've just checked my 1-2-Call balance (ring *121#) and it tells me that I have a balance of 335 Baht which expires on 8 September 2011, 12 months after my last top-up.

I don't know if this helps but I've just checked my 1-2-Call balance (ring *121#) and it tells me that I have a balance of 335 Baht which expires on 8 September 2011, 12 months after my last top-up.

How much top-up did you do?

* 30 validity days

Top - up

This is the sawadee card....

I use this promotion for years:

“Toh Sabai”

1.50 baht/minute for calls to all networks 24 hours.

200 baht top up

credit extending

validity by another

30 days

More promotions and conditions here:

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/pro-AllNetwork.html

ok thanks i think i put 200 baht on last time and it showed up summat like 3 months to go and not 1 year same as before, we need someone going over there and using a sim thats over 3 months out of date i guess :grin

I'll top up the card again before I leave in 3 weeks' time, and then enquire how much I have left and when it has to be used by. If the date is 12 months from that top-up, all will be OK (at least, for me).

I topped mine up last night, added 300 baht and it totalled 602 baht. Validity 30 July 2011.

How on earth they come up with that date heaven knows.

If you want to extend the "use by" date of your balance, find a bar girl who uses her phone a lot (probably that is most of them!!) and who has got umpteen years of time on her phone. She can transfer days to your number for a few baht.

my mate from canada as the same number, and he as had for the last 6 years,he tells me he didnt do a thing it just happened when he registered his number. I have to get a new sim every time i hit town, is there anyway round this other than topping up with a 1000 baht every time I go home?