Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The Ashes series starts tomorrow

Funky, where the fuck are you? Have you thrown in the towel before the start of one of the most important sporting events between our two great countries? Don't tell me you are paying more attention to that silly Royal couple and their wedding bullshit. Pom and Aussie Ashes test cricket forever!!!! :banghead

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The most important.

I love to see the aussies crying into there beer. :allright

You seldom see Aussies crying into their beer, unless there is a shortage of beer. We have lost most of our cricket events this year, but for for your mob to beat us on our home soil is highly unlikely. You have not done so for a quarter of a century and our new mob of replacements of the cricket greats like Warnie, Hayden, Mc Grath, et cetera will do your International team like a dinner. Bring it on. :grin

Ge that into you - Nice hat-trick Peter Siddle. Poms now 7/202.

All out for 260. Good to see that smarmy bastard Prior as middle pin of hatrick.

So one Victorian in the side (and by all accounts just scraped in) almost single handly cleans up the Poms.

Why cannot the best domestic team in the country get more representation in the Aussie side?

The best Aussie batsman on current form (Brad Hodge) does not even get a look in. :bs

Still a long way to go but great start by Australia.

:hairout

Brad Hodge is retired from test cricket after so many years of being snubbed from the selectors - real shame.

Excellent captaincy by Ponting today but we haven't batted yet. England had to bat first with Swann in their team so no real surprise there.

Hussey and North are also victorians.

It was Siddle's day - great effort and great start to the summer.

The game plan seems in full swing:

1. Dismantle Strauss right from the start - tick!

2. Get crowd on side - tick!

3. Dismantle England/Sth African batting line up - tick!

Brad Hodge is retired from test cricket after so many years of being snubbed from the selectors - real shame.

Excellent captaincy by Ponting today but we haven't batted yet. England had to bat first with Swann in their team so no real surprise there.

Hussey and North are also victorians.

It was Siddle's day - great effort and great start to the summer.

The game plan seems in full swing:

1. Dismantle Strauss right from the start - tick!

2. Get crowd on side - tick!

3. Dismantle England/Sth African batting line up - tick!

The fourth hat-trick in the history of Ashes cricket and Siddle was lucky to get into the side in place of in-form Bollinger. Siddle has a heart as big as Phar Lap and the selectors must have taken that into consideration. The Poms game plan fell apart as soon as their South African captain was out for as duck. It was good to see Doherty get his first two wickets to clean up the Pommie tail. Now, all we want to see, is a good batting performance by our lads tomorrow.

Great day the for the English........great display of batting, the aussie bowling getting smacked every where...... :chogdee

:D

Alastair Cook and Jonathan Trott set a series of records as England hit an extraordinary 517-1 on the final day of the first Ashes Test before declaring.

The match finished in an expected draw, Australia replying with 107-1 having been set 297 to win from 41 overs.

Cook's 235 not out was the sixth best Ashes score by an Englishman and he also surpassed Sir Don Bradman for the highest Test score at the Gabba.

Cook and Trott's partnership was the most productive by an England pairing on Australian soil and the best by any duo in Brisbane, beating the 307 produced by Mike Hussey and Brad Haddin earlier in the same match.

That set the stall for a stunning batting performance, with the top three in an England innings scoring centuries for the first instance since 1924.

:whistling:

Edited by neil324
517-1 ? That's quite good isn't it ? :chogdee :rolleyes:

Next time you listen to me when I make a prediction and put some money on my tips. Your batsmen would have easily scored that second double century, if your side had not declared for the obligatory declaration late in the last innings. Any team would have scored a lot of runs on that flat wicket in Brisbane. Our hopeless bowlers and some of the fielders dropping sitters did not help either. Anyway, congratulations to England for being able to draw the first test of this Ashes series. Can we borrow some of your South African batsmen to give Australia a better chance for the forthcoming test in Adelaide? :D

Next time you listen to me when I make a prediction and put some money on my tips. Your batsmen would have easily scored that second double century, if your side had not declared for the obligatory declaration late in the last innings. Any team would have scored a lot of runs on that flat wicket in Brisbane. Our hopeless bowlers and some of the fielders dropping sitters did not help either. Anyway, congratulations to England for being able to draw the first test of this Ashes series. Can we borrow some of your South African batsmen to give Australia a better chance for the forthcoming test in Adelaide? :banghead

Thanks Gonzo.

I have played on better wickets at the local cricket ground. I would have loved to bowl on that cracked, rutted surface. It was too 'damaged' to know where it would bounce, no matter how good a bowler you were.

That dark haired lefthander of yours, has a weird action. He seems to swing wide, almost below shoulder height, hardly overarm at all.

As a commentator said. " Both teams hardly learned anything about each other on this wicket. The next game will be like the first "

So between just you and me- what's your prediction for the next game ? I could do with a few bob for Christmas.

You want a S.African batsman ? Well tony Gregg is over there.... :chogdee

lol Tony is here, he'll have a good summer if England can win the ashes after his other team beat us the other day. I don't think there is huge cause for concern for the aussies, overall outplayed the poms for the majority fo the match.

Next test is adelaide, one of the all times great batting wickets. Regardless of which team you played for, would you rather be a batsmen or a bowler toiling away on these wickets :)

Thanks Gonzo.

I have played on better wickets at the local cricket ground. I would have loved to bowl on that cracked, rutted surface. It was too 'damaged' to know where it would bounce, no matter how good a bowler you were.

That dark haired lefthander of yours, has a weird action. He seems to swing wide, almost below shoulder height, hardly overarm at all.

As a commentator said. " Both teams hardly learned anything about each other on this wicket. The next game will be like the first "

So between just you and me- what's your prediction for the next game ? I could do with a few bob for Christmas.

You want a S.African batsman ? Well tony Gregg is over there.... :whistling:

If you are cashed up and and fair dinkum about making a quid for Christmas, I will arrange a meeting with my Pakistani bookie. :rolleyes:

lol my indian bookie might get upset with me :)day test

The Second test starts in Adelaide tomorrow. Do we have to give the cocky Poms more respect after their almost credible batting performance at the Gabba in the second innings, which allowed them to manage to draw the first test? I just hope the powers-that-be have it in their heart to give us a less flat wicket, than they did in Brisbane to give the bowlers a chance. Don't forget the Poms only managed to get 11 wickets in Brisbane and so did we. The high scores of Cook, Trott and Strauss count for nothing , if you look at that way. Another hopeless and flat wicket in Adelaide will probably ensure another five-day test and more money in the coffers, but it is far from good for test cricket and especially for the all important Ashes series against our nemesis. :rolleyes:

Another hopeless and flat wicket in Adelaide will probably ensure another five-day test and more money in the coffers, but it is far from good for test cricket and especially for the all important Ashes series against our nemesis. :allright

Unless it looks like an England victory by the 4th day !

The ground was empty on the last day of the first test. :P

As it should have been, who would take a day of work to watch the type of cricket we endured watching on day 4? I honestly felt sorry for the barmy army who would have nothing else to do but sit through the 5th day.

Unless it looks like an England victory by the 4th day !

The ground was empty on the last day of the first test. :P

Who would want to watch when the result is a foregone conclusion? Certainly not educated Aussie cricket followers, who would rather earn a honest day's living by going to work, instead of watching a meaningless batting display by your mob. Why didn't your side not declare sooner to make a go of it. Ponting would have. No guts no glory. :allright

As it should have been, who would take a day of work to watch the type of cricket we endured watching on day 4? I honestly felt sorry for the barmy army who would have nothing else to do but sit through the 5th day.

You beat me to it with your reply. Now, the Barmy Army are to be admired. They know how not to take matters too seriously and area role model for our Australian Fanatics. The Australian Fanatics are catching up fast, of course. :P

Who would want to watch when the result is a foregone conclusion? Certainly not educated Aussie cricket followers, who would rather earn a honest day's living by going to work, instead of watching a meaningless batting display by your mob. Why didn't your side not declare sooner to make a go of it. Ponting would have. No guts no glory. :P

Hello Martin, you banned me again, now why is that? Is it because I told you the truth, or because I wouldn't play your game?

How many fucken times do I have to tell you that you can't get rid of me, and 'castrating'me does fuck all.

You, like your good mate Alex have created a problem, something that will always be there, but you are too pig-headed like him to understand what is going on.

People like you create monsters.

Hello Martin, you banned me again, now why is that? Is it because I told you the truth, or because I wouldn't play your game?

How many fucken times do I have to tell you that you can't get rid of me, and 'castrating'me does fuck all.

You, like your good mate Alex have created a problem, something that will always be there, but you are too pig-headed like him to understand what is going on.

People like you create monsters.

Fuck me dead. I thought we were talking about cricket. How are you going, mate? :P