Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Ashes series starts tomorrow

WOW!.......Another great day for Australia.

Surely we can't lose this Test Match from here? This Ashes Series is a great contest......we are not lying down......where are you English guys now?

I like the look of the young fellow......Steve Smith. He will be the next Aussie Captain IMHO. But in the meantime....Ricky Ponting is THE man.

C'mon Aussie C'mon!......1-1 before the end of day 4 please!!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW!.......Another great day for Australia.

Surely we can't lose this Test Match from here? This Ashes Series is a great contest......we are not lying down......where are you English guys now?

I like the look of the young fellow......Steve Smith. He will be the next Aussie Captain IMHO. But in the meantime....Ricky Ponting is THE man.

C'mon Aussie C'mon!......1-1 before the end of day 4 please!!

Yep, another great test from Ricky, input invaluable... :D

Agree on Smith, great young player, amazing what happens when players get a go. Good to see him walk when he knew he was out, Watson the fukn sook stood there shaking his head even after his challenge, why? You were given out, fuck off and stop making a cunt of yourself, been watching Ponting too long. It was a shame he went out after such a good innings but there is no place for bad sportsmanship.

Great to see Johnson get some form back, finally. Hussey and Johnson are the match winners.

I still think the Poms are probably a better side, we will just keep playing out of form players and it will bite us on the arse and the selectors will be in denial.

Good to get the series back square and the Poms under a bit of pressure, maybe they got a bit ahead of themselves and this will be a massive kick in the arse for them.

Good to get the series back square and the Poms under a bit of pressure, maybe they got a bit ahead of themselves and this will be a massive kick in the arse for them.

The series ain't square yet......still a lot of cricket to be played!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Yep, another great test from Ricky, input invaluable... :bj2

I still think the Poms are probably a better side, we will just keep playing out of form players and it will bite us on the arse and the selectors will be in denial.

You continue to criticise Ponting and the selectors. Ponting is not a robot. He can't pull us out of the shit all the time....as he has in the past. Yes he is arrogant.....sure he hates losing....the same can be said of all our successful Captains. Maybe you liked Kim Hughes?........Ponting is mentally tough.....respected by the players and the best & most qualified man for the job. Like the Selectors.....I am sticking by him.

So I am very interested to know who your Captain and Team is for the next Test in Melbourne.

You continue to criticise Ponting and the selectors. Ponting is not a robot. He can't pull us out of the shit all the time....as he has in the past. Yes he is arrogant.....sure he hates losing....the same can be said of all our successful Captains. Maybe you liked Kim Hughes?........Ponting is mentally tough.....respected by the players and the best & most qualified man for the job. Like the Selectors.....I am sticking by him.

So I am very interested to know who your Captain and Team is for the next Test in Melbourne.

Captain next week? Shane Warne (wouldn't have lost the first series Ponting did.) or Brad Hodge.... :whistling:

Seriously, I don't want Ponting replaced all of a sudden because of this series, he should not have been made Captain in the first place, he was never a good Captain for Tasmania before he was made Captain of Australia.

Ponting has been one of the greatest batsman we have been lucky to have play for our country, but he is not a Captains arse hole. Please don't defend him as a Captain, two loses in England is unforgiving. The first loss in England was nothing short of embarrasing for him the way he captained.

Ponting has had very good sides under him, but every single one of those people that report or comment on the game for a living will happily tell you his tactics leave a lot to be desired. Going by his interview on the Warnie show the other night he has grand plans to still captain the Australian side to England in 2013, God help us.

Yes I do bag Ponting because he is a bad sport, his actions are some of the reasons the Poms are on here giving it to us. There is a difference between hating to lose and continually mouthing off at umpires and being a fukn sook.

As for our next Captain? I hope they try someone young and stick with them for a while, if they turn out to be no good then try someone else. I think Watson will make a good Captain as long as his actions from yesterday are never repeated. I pray they don't make that soft mummys boy Clarke Captain.

Not getting ahead of myself, the test is ours, the betting agencies will give you great odds if you want to back England or a draw.

Captain next week? Shane Warne (wouldn't have lost the first series Ponting did.) or Brad Hodge.... :clueless

Seriously, I don't want Ponting replaced all of a sudden because of this series, he should not have been made Captain in the first place, he was never a good Captain for Tasmania before he was made Captain of Australia.

As you are well aware....both Warnie and Hodges are retired. I don't know what Hodges is doing.....but you only have to check out the front page of the newspaper each day to see what Warnie is up to.....lol.

But if you feel Ponting should not have been made Captain for this Ashes Series.....then put forward your Captain.

Captain next week? Shane Warne (wouldn't have lost the first series Ponting did.) or Brad Hodge.... :clueless

Ponting has been one of the greatest batsman we have been lucky to have play for our country, but he is not a Captains arse hole. Please don't defend him as a Captain, two loses in England is unforgiving. The first loss in England was nothing short of embarrasing for him the way he captained.

Ponting has had very good sides under him, but every single one of those people that report or comment on the game for a living will happily tell you his tactics leave a lot to be desired. Going by his interview on the Warnie show the other night he has grand plans to still captain the Australian side to England in 2013, God help us.

Yes I do bag Ponting because he is a bad sport, his actions are some of the reasons the Poms are on here giving it to us. There is a difference between hating to lose and continually mouthing off at umpires and being a fukn sook.

As for our next Captain? I hope they try someone young and stick with them for a while, if they turn out to be no good then try someone else. I think Watson will make a good Captain as long as his actions from yesterday are never repeated. I pray they don't make that soft mummys boy Clarke Captain.

Not getting ahead of myself, the test is ours, the betting agencies will give you great odds if you want to back England or a draw.

The Poms are on here giving it to us because they were winning this series 1-0 and looking good. They are sick of being beaten badly by us for the past 20 years.....so who can blame them for venting there frustration here. It wouldn't matter who the Captain was.

Perhaps you know a Cartain that the Poms would like?

Then they will stop 'giving it to us'!!!!!!!!!

:clueless :thumbup

The Poms are on here giving it to us because they were winning this series 1-0 and looking good. They are sick of being beaten badly by us for the past 20 years.....so who can blame them for venting there frustration here. It wouldn't matter who the Captain was.

Perhaps you know a Cartain that the Poms would like?

Then they will stop 'giving it to us'!!!!!!!!!

:clueless :thumbup

Your post is true, of course the Poms are (were) giving it us because of years of being beaten, but I think you will find we have lost the last two series in England, although they can never seem to find any stomach out here. Naturally most of the banter is just friendly rivalry.

In my post I said "SOME" of the reasons the Poms are on here giving it to us is because of Ponting and his bad sportsmanship, not the only reason. I think you will find if we had a humble Captain that showed great sportsmanship the Pommy bm's may not be as bad towards us.

I don't think changing Captains now would achieve anything, it wouldn't be fair for them to thrust the likes of Watson into the job without some preparation. Clarke would be lame in my opinion.

It may be a forced change soon anyway, how many more failures is the golden boy Ricky allowed to have before we consider dropping him for someone who might make some runs? The gutless selectors will just keep picking him, the law of averages says he will get runs soon, this of course can be followed by another run of failures.

If the selectors ever got the balls to play form players, and drop players who continually fail Hussey would make a very good stand in Captain. Watson for Captain, when the time is right.

Edited by onelilley

It was all over very quickly today.

So we go to the MCG with the series tied at 1-1.........the Aussies have momentum and confidence now.

No need for any changes to this side.

Bring on the 4th Test in Melbourne!!!!

Let's not forget 2 tests to go, we can win and so an the English. Whoever plays best will win the ashes as long as the wickets are good.

Not sure what people mean by Ponting should be a humble captain. He as been moulded by Border and Waugh and is so similar to them it is like they never retired. I don't have any issue with what he does on or off the field.

English have to try and give it to us whenever they can as they don't get a heap g opportuites :)

Congratulations Australia, you guys put in one hell of a performance , looking forward to the next test.

Good crowd in the Metro Apartments if anyone fancies joining me for a beer next week.

Love test cricket, love the Ashes fantastic.

Anyway that enough praise for the convicts for one day BARMY ARMY.

1-1 :rolleyes:

Congratulations Australia, you guys put in one hell of a performance , looking forward to the next test.

Good crowd in the Metro Apartments if anyone fancies joining me for a beer next week.

1-1 :whistling:

See ya on the 28th if the test isn't washed out, the weather we are having here in Melbourne is shocking, been in a drought for a decade and now we are having one of the wettest springs/summers on record.

Edited by onelilley

can on be good for

1-1 B)se

Funky, commiserations for your country getting such an emphatic hiding by our ramshackle mob. Look at it on the bright side. Keeping the test series alive can only be good for test cricket and we can now look forward to another exciting encounter in Melbourne, instead of a dead rubber. You and your Barmy Army mates are good sports. :whistling:

Whats happened to Nidnoyham..... gone very quiet, like the Barmy Army yesterday - did not hear a peep from them, other than the last post on the bugle!

Finally balance is restored!

Cluster

Edited by cluster

Hey Rickster59

I think Watson has enough on his plate with opening the batting, and being the 4th quick (when we pick a spin bowler), agree Clarke appears to have lost his way, and is not the first in line anymore after Ponting.

I think we look elsewhere - there is a proven captain in the ranks, albeit injured at the moment - Simon Katich, he is the man in my opinion to take over from Punter - it may only be for a few seasons, but by then who know - Smith, Fergusson, Watson (by then) may be ready?

Looking forward to boxing day, it was disapointing we knocked over the poms in under an hour yesterday, nothing on the box worth watching then.... had to do some gardening!!!! - Oh well had a few beers while out there though - :whistling:

Cluster

Edited by cluster
As you are well aware....both Warnie and Hodges[/b] are retired. I don't know what Hodges is doing.....but you only have to check out the front page of the newspaper each day to see what Warnie is up to.....lol.

But if you feel Ponting should not have been made Captain for this Ashes Series.....then put forward your Captain.

You really know your cricket hey ? Brad Hodge was and is a fantastic cricketer who should be in the side if it wern't for the fukn nancy selectors fucking his career. Not sure who and with whom Brad Hodges ever played with ?

You really know your cricket hey ? Brad Hodge was and is a fantastic cricketer who should be in the side if it wern't for the fukn nancy selectors fucking his career. Not sure who and with whom Brad Hodges ever played with ?

The word from those in the know a few years back was Hodge & Ponting did not get along so well..... think that may have hurt Hodge's long term career. I agree Brad Hodge IS a fantastic player & like many others "should have played more for Australia".

As for Brad Hodges, think he played a few seasons at full forward for the Crows!

Cluster

Forgot you were in the metro or I would have dropped in and joined you. Will try and get my drunken sod of a body there for a few hours for the boxing day test.

Good luck to you Tarl - can't think of too many better places to catch the boxing day test match than Patts - :grin-jump

Cluster