Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Ashes series starts tomorrow

Whats happened to Nidnoyham..... gone very quiet, like the Barmy Army yesterday - did not hear a peep from them, other than the last post on the bugle!

Finally balance is restored!

Cluster

Sorry, it was my sons birthday Saturday, so the weekend was full of stuff to do. I don't post much at weekends, what with football and all, but well done.

I have only seen bits on the news, not the highlights, so not much to comment on. Are you forgetting which football team I support ? Learning to lose, comes naturally to us Div one fans. :party

It was good to see a crowd at the game. Was it buy one get one free ? Ohh it was Saturday and no one was at work - right - get it ! :P

Do they announce the gate at cricket there ? How many did you get ? :banana

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, it was my sons birthday Saturday, so the weekend was full of stuff to do. I don't post much at weekends, what with football and all, but well done.

I have only seen bits on the news, not the highlights, so not much to comment on. Are you forgetting which football team I support ? Learning to lose, comes naturally to us Div one fans. :thumbup

It was good to see a crowd at the game. Was it buy one get one free ? Ohh it was Saturday and no one was at work - right - get it ! :rolleyes:

Do they announce the gate at cricket there ? How many did you get ? :clueless

Check the numbers out for this coming test match.

If we get five fine days I will bet you that never ever in the history of England playing cricket, have they ever had as many people watch them play a test match in their own country.

Sunday will get 75,000 plus for a start.

Might only get 10,000 though on day five if we look like losing... :P

I have only seen bits on the news, not the highlights, so not much to comment on. Are you forgetting which football team I support ? Learning to lose, comes naturally to us Div one fans. :rolleyes:

It was good to see a crowd at the game. Was it buy one get one free ? Ohh it was Saturday and no one was at work - right - get it ! :rolleyes:

Do they announce the gate at cricket there ? How many did you get ? :clueless

Umm not sure on crowd numbers for Perth, looked like a reasonable crowd on Saturday & Sunday. I know a bloke who was in one of the corporate boxes for Sunday, and when play was finished inside an hour, was a bit pissed off. However they let them stay & drink the mini bar dry any way!

Predicting a big crowd for MCG Boxing Day - 100,000+ The Boxing Day Test Match is THE Biggest day on the Oz sporting calendar - along with Melbourne Cup, AFL Grand Final etc.... The Melbournites are sports mad. To be honest boxing day test match regardless of who will are playing is always big, but Ashes makes it even bigger.

Sorry Nidnoyham don't know who your football team is (with your board name my guess is West Ham)..... I follow Liverpool from afar..... but I only really look at their scores - & I think they are mid table this season, buts its been a while since they won anything much - Its all Man U & Chelsea.... is that about right?

I think the remaining 2 test matches will be intriguing - its great that our mob seem to have found their "mojo" - It was looking like an embarsement. I even think the Barmy Army blokes would seceretly be happy that they will now witness a spirited contest. Aussie's will accept their team losing - so long as they have put up a fight. Capitulation is not an option!

Best of luck to both teams - they would appear to be evenly matched now, and whoever plays best in the clutch moments will win the small urn!

Marry Xmas

Cluster

Edited by cluster
Hey Rickster59

I think Watson has enough on his plate with opening the batting, and being the 4th quick (when we pick a spin bowler), agree Clarke appears to have lost his way, and is not the first in line anymore after Ponting.

I think we look elsewhere - there is a proven captain in the ranks, albeit injured at the moment - Simon Katich, he is the man in my opinion to take over from Punter - it may only be for a few seasons, but by then who know - Smith, Fergusson, Watson (by then) may be ready?

Looking forward to boxing day, it was disapointing we knocked over the poms in under an hour yesterday, nothing on the box worth watching then.... had to do some gardening!!!! - Oh well had a few beers while out there though - :rolleyes:

Cluster

Hi Cluster

That was not my quote you posted.

But you do make an excellent choice in Katich as a Captain. Years ago he was touted as a future Australian Captain when he was playing for NSW as a youngster.

The problem is his age. Same goes for Hussey and Haddin.

All of these players would make fine Captains....but they would not be long term propositions....only like an interim Captain.

Funnily enough....I never wanted Ponting as Captain in the first place....I though Adam Gilchrist was a born leader....I'm still scratching my head as to why he wasn't made Captain.....but thats the way it goes. I am sure he would still be playing had he been made Captain.

I don't think anything good would be achieved if we went this way and sacked Ponting. I feel its best to stick with him and look ahead to the future. I honestly don't think Michael Clark is the man....at the moment he is lucky to keep his place in the team. Ponting is the best man for the job right now. I think the next Captain with be Steve Smith....or someone who is not even in the Test team at the moment.

Sadly....up and comers like Fergusen, Voges, Jacques and Khawaja are not scoring runs in Shield cricket at the moment. We don't appear to have many yougsters consistantly producing runs.....so lets just give Hughes and Smith a good crack at cementing their Test futures....I am sure they will come good and show their class.

Looking forward to seeing how Hughes and Smith bat at the MCG.

The game is shaping up as a classic Test match.....I can't wait!

Edited by Rickster59
You really know your cricket hey ? Brad Hodge was and is a fantastic cricketer who should be in the side if it wern't for the fukn nancy selectors fucking his career. Not sure who and with whom Brad Hodges ever played with ?

Hi Soi 6

I'm just a Cricket tragic...lol.

You are not wrong about Brad Hodge....great batsman.....the same can be said of Jamie Siddons and Darren Lehmann.....although at least Lehmann got to finally play some Test cricket in the twilight of his career.

Selections always have been....and always will be politically motivated.

What do you think about James Hopes from Queensland?......he has played well for us in the one dayers......I thought he should have been given a shot at Test cricket by now.

Hi Soi 6

I'm just a Cricket tragic...lol.

You are not wrong about Brad Hodge....great batsman.....the same can be said of Jamie Siddons and Darren Lehmann.....although at least Lehmann got to finally play some Test cricket in the twilight of his career.

Selections always have been....and always will be politically motivated.

What do you think about James Hopes from Queensland?......he has played well for us in the one dayers......I thought he should have been given a shot at Test cricket by now.

[/quoteI

If he moves 1000km south and puts on a NSW cap he'll be in the last 2 tests. :rolleyes:

Deadset we must be on top in the series, the discussion is turning more and more to crowd numbers. Couldn't care less if not one aussie went through the gate as long as we win the ashes :)

Edited by Tarl
Here is a clip for all the English fans, who could not bear to watch their team's demise at the WACA in Perth late last Sunday afternoon. :crying:

" You only youtube when You're winning !

Youtube when your'e winning !

Just when you're winning !-

Just when you're winning.... " :thumbup

Cluster, my football team is Brentford- knocked Everton out of the League Cup 21st September, then lost on penalties to Birmingham city in the next round.

We have had 5 penalty shoot outs this season in cup games and won the other four. It can be a bit tense, especially against the big teams. :unsure:

So my nerves are well prepared for an even close Ashes Test ! :thumbup

Merry Christmas, but I hope you Boxing Day is shite. :D

" You only youtube when You're winning !

Youtube when your'e winning !

Just when you're winning !-

Just when you're winning.... " :thumbup

Cluster, my football team is Brentford- knocked Everton out of the League Cup 21st September, then lost on penalties to Birmingham city in the next round.

We have had 5 penalty shoot outs this season in cup games and won the other four. It can be a bit tense, especially against the big teams. :unsure:

So my nerves are well prepared for an even close Ashes Test ! :chogdee

Merry Christmas, but I hope you Boxing Day is shite. :D

My Boxing day will be a good one no matter what happens. Should you Poms fluke another good performance by the end of the day, with a big lead and a good chance to win the series, yes, I will probably have a little cry in the arms of the best-looking girl I can find in the bar, where I will be watching the cricket. It will be dark by then and I will ask her to come for a walk down Jomtien Beach and bring a few cans of Heineken. If I spot a nice-looking stray dog, I will buy him a couple of sausages and call him Herbie, as a gesture of respect to your Herbie. Our Herbie can help us find a secluded spot on the beach, where I can lay down, sip a can of Heineken and let the girl suck my cock. Herbie can watch and wag his tail, if he wants to. After have had my fun, the girl will assist me to tidy up and I will wander back to the condo with a smile on my face, where the missus will be patiently waiting with a nicely cooked dinner. That sure beats shoveling snow and freezing your arse off in a cold country. I have not fucked any young Aussie sheilas for years. There are two reasons for that. Young Aussie sheilas prefer to fuck with blokes their own age and after retiring at age 52 about 10 years ago, I have spent most of my time in Thailand. Have a Merry Christmas, cobber. :thumbup

Funky, commiserations for your country getting such an emphatic hiding by our ramshackle mob. Look at it on the bright side. Keeping the test series alive can only be good for test cricket and we can now look forward to another exciting encounter in Melbourne, instead of a dead rubber. You and your Barmy Army mates are good sports. :thumbup

96.500 tickets sold for the boxing day test, it just goes to show that test cricket is alive and well between England and Australia.

No reason why the friendly and fantastic rivalry can not help put test match cricket back on the map rather than this T-20 shit, and the IPL.

I really am looking forward to the game.

Oh and Wanrey "where's your Hurley gone! :thumbup

Liz-Hurley-1.jpg

Good news. Ponting will definitely be playing at the Melbourne test starting in about 14 hours. After a dismal spell of batting in this series, he is due for a big score. Your bowlers can attack his broken little finger as much as they like. Naturally he won't be fielding in the slips, more likely at cover or mid wicket. Good luck to you Poms. You will need lots of it to retain the Ashes. :clueless

Another great knock from the skipper ! :llaugh

Fall on your sword if we lose this test :banghead

Fuck you Ricky Ponting. Four wickets down for a lousy 50 runs. I am out of here and going to Soi 6 to steady my nerves. It's a bit early, but I can wait for a couple of hours to wait for my favourite tilac cocksucker. I just gave her a ring and she said she will be there in no time. I will have a couple of Heineken before she arrives. My cock is throbbing just thinking about her and fuck cricket. :D

what the hell is going on...looks like the queen's speech as worked well for the English lads,where are all the convicts, the stadium is bleeding empty worst support ive ever seen

:yikes:

Great days play for England superb bowling and showed a fair amount of discipline with the bat.

No losss at close and the convicts bowled out for 98.

Nice to see the loyal Aussie fans leaving in their thousands still a long way to go though ..........

:yikes:

Great days play for England superb bowling and showed a fair amount of discipline with the bat.

Nice to see the loyal Aussie fans leaving in their thousands still a long way to go though ..........

No need to rub it in. :thumbup Aussies have always been able take it on the chin when the chips are down. :D

:D

Fourth Ashes Test: Australia 98 v England 157-0 (stumps, day one)

I presume those "convicts" who paid a lot of money to see the match want their money back :yikes:

No need to rub it in. :D Aussies have always been able take it on the chin when the chips are down. :yikes:

Are u sure about that,the aussies i know have got the white flag out already and are saying sorry for big gobs over the last couple of weeks

Are u sure about that,the aussies i know have got the white flag out already and are saying sorry for big gobs over the last couple of weeks

The Aussies you are talking to, must be phony ones. True blue Aussies will fight to the bitter end, no matter what happens. There is one thing for sure . We are not used to loosing at sporting events. Your country has been for a very long time. :banghead