Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Yellow Board

Being a previous fan of the infamous ‘Welcom Inn’ Soi 3. I was once a member of this board ‘YELLOW BOARD’. Anyone know what happened to it as it has disappeared from the Net?

It was the first board I joined and where I posted frequently. The board was run by Nalak, an American on a disability pension, caused by injuries in the Nam. People nowadays complain how much better Pattaya was ten years ago. I can attest that the message boards in those days were superior to what we have now. There were fantastic posters in those days and who can forget the likes of Spiccoli, the Kelpie, Donkeykong, the Pale Rider, Axewound and countless others great posters. There was a dispute over donations to a charity, a couple of years after I joined and some of us created the infamous Bahtbus, which turned out to be a fantastic board, moderated by Noel Thomas (aka Sweeney Todd). The main aim of the Bahtbus was to support the Camillian Centre in Rayong by Father Giovanni Contarion, to look after mainly HIV-infected kids. Unfortunately, Noel Thomas died from cancer a few years ago and the Bahtbus was discontinued.

It was the first board I joined and where I posted frequently. The board was run by Nalak, an American on a disability pension, caused by injuries in the Nam. People nowadays complain how much better Pattaya was ten years ago. I can attest that the message boards in those days were superior to what we have now. There were fantastic posters in those days and who can forget the likes of Spiccoli, the Kelpie, Donkeykong, the Pale Rider, Axewound and countless others great posters. There was a dispute over donations to a charity, a couple of years after I joined and some of us created the infamous Bahtbus, which turned out to be a fantastic board, moderated by Noel Thomas (aka Sweeney Todd). The main aim of the Bahtbus was to support the Camillian Centre in Rayong by Father Giovanni Contarion, to look after mainly HIV-infected kids. Unfortunately, Noel Thomas died from cancer a few years ago and the Bahtbus was discontinued.

Do you remember the famous drunkathons towards the end when teams would play golf bowling and pool all in one day with all the procedes raised going to the Camillian

your ptiu

Do you remember the famous drunkathons towards the end when teams would play golf bowling and pool all in one day with all the procedes raised going to the Camillian

I missed that one. I remember when we had a fundraiser pool tournament in your bar in Soi 2. You duly won that tournament, after I just lost against the previous year's winner. You generously awarded all of the prize money to Father Giovanni Camillian's Centre. I had the pleasure to meet Johnny Walker, Brum Brian (RIP), Noel Thomas (RIP), Donkeykong and many of the other lads. They were all great lads. Are any of those blokes still around? You had some great ladies working in your bar as well. :kissing Cheers mate

I used to post as Sigi on the Bahtbus. l

I missed that one. I remember when we had a fundraiser pool tournament in your bar in Soi 2. You duly won that tournament, after I just lost against the previous year's winner. You generously awarded all of the prize money to Father Giovanni Camillian's Centre. I had the pleasure to meet Johnny Walker, Brum Brian (RIP), Noel Thomas (RIP), Donkeykong and many of the other lads. They were all great lads. Are any of those blokes still around? You had some great ladies working in your bar as well. :whistling: Cheers mate

I used to post as Sigi on the Bahtbus. l

Hi Sigi

That nght it was a good one. I remember playing in the semi final and final against 2 guys who said they would donate 10% of their winnings (I think the prize was around 16,000 baht) I had played both those guys around 20 times and had never ever won a match against them. Seems I was focussed that night and determined the whole 16k would go to Father Giovanni and from memory think we raised around 100,000 baht all in all with donations. Seeing that was over 8 years ago it was a decent amount back then.

I still see Johhny walker (Alan) every year, all the rest long departed from thailand and/or this world unfortunately

Glad you still around the good old days were the best

Edited by justtony
How about Kelpie is he still going strong?

I have not heard from him for a while. It has been a long time since he visited Pattaya. I think the ex-Vietnam vet is nowadays just content to watch his grand kids grow up, drink Emu Export Lager and punt on the horses. He lives just across from the Subiaco Oval in Perth, from where he watches his beloved footy team, Fremantle. The old Kelpie was the bane of most message board and in the end was banned from all of them. Only the Bahtbus would have him, where slagging other members and flaming was almost compulsory. :D

what year was the yellow board? i've never heard of it. i remember bahtbus. i remember penhball. and i remember 2 delphi boards: nanplaza and one by a swiss guy called the Joker. I didn't get a net connection f/t until about 1993 and it was the Delphi boards i was first on.

Edited by monochromeman