Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I would appreciate some warts and all reviews of the Drunken Duck please. I am not looking to run the place down as I believe its in a prime position and might even change from hotel to guest house if there are sufficient good reviews.

I would be greatful for any comments as to where to get a swim in the area at a decent price. The problem for me is that if I pay 200 baht at the Areka I may as well have stayed there in the first place.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just spent a month at the duck - first trip pattaya and first trip thialand -

room: mine was room 6 overlooking the devils den - a bonus in itself - noise levels on LK metro very low

room was clean and all rooms have recently been decorated wifi in room had good connection,

room service every day even did my laundry daily at very cheap price.

None of this I think is thier selling point - I came on my own and within hours bobby was taking me out to local gogo for initiation :whistling:

I was made to feel at home every day of my stay , adventures galore with Tony , bobby and the customers of the duck who all made me feel one of the boys. Advice for many of my noobie mistakes was on hand - I met maybe 30-40 forum members, bar and gogo owners thorugh the guys at the duck.

Staff are awesome, location great, but it's the people and opportunities to go out and have fun that really sets them apart.

went to bangchan 5 times and im now a bangchan addict - I have been home less than a week in cold uk and i'm bored and looking at flights for next week - I have contacted the duck to see if they have rooms avaialble for another month - think that says enough.

downside mm - they dont do food yet, think they have been operating as the duck since july - maybe something they do in future - breakfast is 20 yards away - golf bar next to devils den do a good brekkie - plenty of action in the local area - rock house is a great bar and 3 gogo's with a few hundred yards. No swimming pool, metropole and areca a few hundred yards away but dont know prices for pool use - the 2400 i spent on a standard room at metropole was disappionting - needed to put a girl from bangchan in thier for a few days becuase I ended up shagging the cashier at the duck who worked nights oops :chogdee - The Duck is my first choice and I am now a member of the villayouth drunkenduck fan club.

Personally I went to thialand stressed - had the holiday of a lifetime - and I would put greatest holiday ever down to the drunkenduck - a rose tinted perspective but I say it as I see it.

Just spent a month at the duck - first trip pattaya and first trip thialand -

room: mine was room 6 overlooking the devils den - a bonus in itself - noise levels on LK metro very low

room was clean and all rooms have recently been decorated wifi in room had good connection,

room service every day even did my laundry daily at very cheap price.

None of this I think is thier selling point - I came on my own and within hours bobby was taking me out to local gogo for initiation :P

I was made to feel at home every day of my stay , adventures galore with Tony , bobby and the customers of the duck who all made me feel one of the boys. Advice for many of my noobie mistakes was on hand - I met maybe 30-40 forum members, bar and gogo owners thorugh the guys at the duck.

Staff are awesome, location great, but it's the people and opportunities to go out and have fun that really sets them apart.

went to bangchan 5 times and im now a bangchan addict - I have been home less than a week in cold uk and i'm bored and looking at flights for next week - I have contacted the duck to see if they have rooms avaialble for another month - think that says enough.

downside mm - they dont do food yet, think they have been operating as the duck since july - maybe something they do in future - breakfast is 20 yards away - golf bar next to devils den do a good brekkie - plenty of action in the local area - rock house is a great bar and 3 gogo's with a few hundred yards. No swimming pool, metropole and areca a few hundred yards away but dont know prices for pool use - the 2400 i spent on a standard room at metropole was disappionting - needed to put a girl from bangchan in thier for a few days becuase I ended up shagging the cashier at the duck who worked nights oops :P - The Duck is my first choice and I am now a member of the villayouth drunkenduck fan club.

Personally I went to thialand stressed - had the holiday of a lifetime - and I would put greatest holiday ever down to the drunkenduck - a rose tinted perspective but I say it as I see it.

:chogdee That just about sums it up :D great place to stay im glad you wrote all that its saved me trying to do it :whistling:

DD is a very good place the gaffer there TTT is dead straight, Areca lodge near by and dead nice place is Tims Boutique on second road, empty you could be anywhere.

Rooms are nice aswell, you will have no issues staying there thats the reality mate.

decent breakfast within 20 yards.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll do a proper write up after my stay (I get there in a couple weeks).

Hopefully that damn wire transfer through Moneybookers works correctly for my room deposit!

I dont stay at the DD but it's a great bar, friendly and drink prices are reasonable.

Pop in and say hi the guys will go out of there way to make you feel welcome.

Well Done DD and good luck for the future.

I stayed for a 25 days, overlooking devils den sometimes watching the girls use the hoola hoop was better than TV :grin-jump , sometimes there was a bit of noise but only on a night when a party was on (about once a week), they have a good idea of a mini mart on top of the fridge mouth wash, condoms, floss etc down side some of the girls helped themselves , laundry was done and at a good price. I saw some of the guy's eating food at the bar that was ordered in including food from the golf club. Maid service was good what made it for me was the following The bed was huge, good air conditiong, good thick large towels, 4 thick pillows and the girl must hand her ID in. I would stay there agian :banghead

PS. yes TTT and Green Malaka were always very helpful no problem was too small (this was another selling point) the tours from the duck are good (Bang Chang, Dark side) and a free drink or two were always thrown in at the end :a2m

Edited by lichtsy

I stayed at The Drunken Duck back in September, and had a great stay. I am returning later this week and can't wait to hook up with the Guys there (TTT & Bobby). :banghead Always on hand to show you something new :party

Rooms at the DD are spacious, clean and very well aired. I have stayed at other hotels/guesthouses but they were stuffy, something the DD is not. The bar is nice, 2 pool tables with plenty of seating. Prices for rooms are very good :chogdee The staff are friendly and a great laugh (thoughts of Ann judging FLB Bar dance contest :grin-jump :a2m ).

On the whole, if you are looking for a great trip, then in my opinion, a stay at the DD is a must. :nod

I stayed a few nights in early Nov, large clean rooms with comfy beds which you don't always get in Pattaya, good maid service and everything you could want in a guest house. My room faced LK Metro and there was some, but not much noise into the room, I had no trouble sleeping long into the day.

The DD is run by quality people who will make your stay enjoyable, and will steer you in the right direction if you are a newbie.

The bar is a great place to kick back and have a drink, play pool or watch the sport on the plasmas. One big bonus for me is there is no loud screaming music so you can have a conversation and be heard.

If you are after guest house accom you cannot go past the DD.

Edited by onelilley
I stayed at The Drunken Duck back in September, and had a great stay. I am returning later this week and can't wait to hook up with the Guys there (TTT & Bobby). :thumbup Always on hand to show you something new :chogdee

Rooms at the DD are spacious, clean and very well aired. I have stayed at other hotels/guesthouses but they were stuffy, something the DD is not. The bar is nice, 2 pool tables with plenty of seating. Prices for rooms are very good :thumbup The staff are friendly and a great laugh (thoughts of Ann judging FLB Bar dance contest :rolleyes: :clueless ).

On the whole, if you are looking for a great trip, then in my opinion, a stay at the DD is a must. :chogdee

Hi Jamie

hope to meet up with u,at RH friday night,then who knows where.Hows Tamworth,bloody cold so my son said lol

Just don't have the room next to VILLAYOUTH.

Screaming LB's at 7:00am in the morning WILL put you off your brekky

:thumbup :party :party :grin-jump :grin-jump

Then you are saying LBs are okay to bring to your room at the DD ? Is this true ?

Their site has very helpful pics of the rooms which seem to confirm a number of the positive things folks have said. Enough views to allow one to make an assessment of the rooms, other the strength of the AC and whether or not you can hear Villa swinging from the light fixtures in his room :kissing . From the pics of the bar posted elsewhere on the board, it looks to be a very civilized place. Will have to check out the bar, if not the guesthouse, next trip.

Hopefully that damn wire transfer through Moneybookers works correctly for my room deposit!

:clueless All is well!

I won’t let my outstanding personal issues with the owners cloud my HONEST review...

I have stay there many times i personally think The Drunken Duck is actually a very good bar, great place to stay and fantastic location. They have renovated the rooms to a very good standard. The bed is comfortable and the rooms are always clean. Most of the staff are pleasant, helpful and they make you feel welcome.

This has potentially IF managed properly , to be one of the best guesthouses in Pattaya.

I would highly recommended anyone who has not been there before to give the place a try.

thanks to everyone

if you have not visited us please do so

as we always have fun

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

If anybody is on the Mtro go to DD great bar,great girls and great bosses.See u 7.30pm TTT and GM

I won’t let my outstanding personal issues with the owners cloud my HONEST review...

PM me, as I'd like to know what issues you have, since I do have an interest in the place