Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Where are you from?

In which region is your country of origin?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You might want to actually read the first reference you posted and that might give you some more

information on British involvement. If you still have trouble, then you might read this from the same website you listed.

You're not very good at this, are you. I didn't list or post any website - I quoted glynbuk.

As for "anonymous" comments on a website - you'll have to do better than that to back up your 22 British servicemen killed claim. Does it not strike you as odd that not one credible news source has come up with any reference to all those British servicemen you claim were killed?

BTW, who was the highly decorated Brit you referred to? Or don't you know?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a US American, I don't want to be lumped with Mexicans, or anyone else from south America. Don't get me started on Canadians with their hockey eh. Wha wha wha.........

Posted Images

One general definition of "Continental Europe" is the European landmass excluding the UK, Ireland and Iceland. Two other island nations excluded from Continental Europe are Malta and the Republic of Cyprus. However, in other areas of Europe there are differing ideas as to how the term should be defined.

300px-Continental_Europe.svg.png

Apologies to anyone from Iceland, though:

If you had offered European islands in the North Atlantic as an option then people from Great Britain, Iceland and Ireland could vote

If you had offered European islands in the North Atlantic as an option then people from Great Britain, Iceland and Ireland could vote

But that would've left out Northern Ireland. United Kingdom, Iceland and Ireland, to be pedantic :thumbup

However, there were several Brits serving with both the AUS and NZ forces in-theatre, including several on exchange programmes between the SF units. There certainly weren't 22 British military killed in Vietnam.

In the normal course there would have been Brits living in the U.S., lawful permanent residents (green card holders) primarily, who would have been serving in the U.S. military during Vietnam just as there are non-citizens serving now. They were subject to the draft and were drafted (conscripted). Many would have enlisted just as their U.S. born friends and neighbors did. Without researching the specifics, I have to think some of the guys with their names on the wall held UK passports at the time of their deaths. Could there have been 22 of them? I don't know, but they would have been members of the U.S. military rather than HM forces.

You're not very good at this, are you. I didn't list or post any website - I quoted glynbuk.

As for "anonymous" comments on a website - you'll have to do better than that to back up your 22 British servicemen killed claim. Does it not strike you as odd that not one credible news source has come up with any reference to all those British servicemen you claim were killed?

BTW, who was the highly decorated Brit you referred to? Or don't you know?

You are right you didn't list any websites and that was my mistake, so i will bow to your obvious superior intelligence.

In the normal course there would have been Brits living in the U.S., lawful permanent residents (green card holders) primarily, who would have been serving in the U.S. military during Vietnam just as there are non-citizens serving now. They were subject to the draft and were drafted (conscripted). Many would have enlisted just as their U.S. born friends and neighbors did. Without researching the specifics, I have to think some of the guys with their names on the wall held UK passports at the time of their deaths. Could there have been 22 of them? I don't know, but they would have been members of the U.S. military rather than HM forces.

I have no doubt that may have been the case. However, as you correctly pointed out, they would have been US military, and not British military.

I have no doubt that may have been the case. However, as you correctly pointed out, they would have been US military, and not British military.

That was all i was trying to say. I spent 20 months in Vietnam and never saw any myself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw this today, I browse the board every second month or so. More often when I am getting close to vacation time!

You missed Norway, it's not England and its not mainland Europe. So dont know where to vote.

How about a Scandinavia option ?

Just saw this today, I browse the board every second month or so. More often when I am getting close to vacation time!

You missed Norway, it's not England and its not mainland Europe. So dont know where to vote.

How about a Scandinavia option ?

You're a European.

Definitions of Mainland Europe on the Web:

* Continental Europe, also referred to as mainland Europe or simply the Continent, is the continent of Europe, explicitly excluding European islands. Notably, in British English usage, the term means Europe excluding the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, Ireland and Iceland.

I am Scottish from Edinburgh and not British

You're a European.

Yes, But look in the answer options.

I am not Mainland Europe.

Hell, Norway is not even in the EU.

You're a European.

Yes, But look in the answer options.

I am not Mainland Europe.

Hell, Norway is not even in the EU.

But your a European country

Europe's northernmost country, the Kingdom of Norway is famed for its mountains and spectacular fjord coastline, as well as its history as a seafaring power.

It also enjoys one of the highest standards of living in the world, in large part due to the discovery in the late 1960s of offshore oil and gas deposits.

But your a European country

Europe's northernmost country, the Kingdom of Norway is famed for its mountains and spectacular fjord coastline, as well as its history as a seafaring power.

It also enjoys one of the highest standards of living in the world, in large part due to the discovery in the late 1960s of offshore oil and gas deposits.

I thought it was incredible that you managed to write two sentences without a spelling or grammatical error. And you didn't. You copied it from the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/co...les/1023276.stm

• 8 months later...

A Merry X-Mas to all my Canadian friends. :nod

Gonzo.

seeing that Kevin bloody wilson,brought back memories from AC in 94 got talking to a Dannish guy all he could rave on about was wilson,he went to a concert in Loadon,i sent him 4 tapes when i went home.

just luv "living next door to Alan"

regards

grayray