Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

My name is Dale, the new owner of Bob's BBQ

Guest cocodile
This picture depicts a customer having a bite of the chicken

post-8133-1291313633.jpg

Are you sure it's the chicken <huh

Looks more like he's getting something shoved up his bonghole, notice the smile. :whistling:

Edited by cocodile
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic LOL , Tequila Reef being cited as an example of good food:   "I will not return and try the food until I see a significant change in the reports on the food. It has been, shall I say, RANCID

I've been reading some rather scathing reports about the quality of at least some of your offerings...something to do with chicken.

I hope it is a matter of opinion, and not some problem endemic to the restaurant.

I personally hope that you can achieve a high quality for your restaurant's offerings, and that you are using the finest (and freshest) ingredients.

Good luck to you, but you have an uphill battle after Bob reportedly let the place go downhill prior to your purchase.

This picture depicts a customer having a bite of the chicken

post-8133-1291313633.jpg

Looks like the last think he needs is fried chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best of luck in your new business venture at least you got the balls to do it well done and i hope you prosper forward and do great im there 24 hours i will try it out for sure wish you all well

Obviously because his name's Dale, and Thais might have trouble pronouncing that :whistling:

Read the quoted text carefully, paying particular attention to the suggested new name!

I'll check you out when I'm in town. Frankly, I can't find decent Mexican food in Montana, I am skeptical I can find it in Pattaya, but I'm willing to try.

It's difficult to find a fucking McDonald's in Montana and you are seeking Mexican?

Why did you not "look into it" instead completely ignore when you went to the RH for a drink the same day ???

The food when Bob was there was rancid, sounds like its gotten worse, I wont be eating there nor anyone else I know.

Well now that's asking for one more bottle.....

joking...

Well now that's asking for one more bottle.....

joking...

The food was described as rancid to his staff, He later came into the RH and ignored to person who purchased the rancid food..... actions speak louder than words.

The food was described as rancid to his staff, He later came into the RH and ignored to person who purchased the rancid food..... actions speak louder than words.

Hey I was joking. Sorry. I couldn't resist it...

I am happy with my Thai food for now. When in Rome...

Why did you not "look into it" instead completely ignore when you went to the RH for a drink the same day ???

The food when Bob was there was rancid, sounds like its gotten worse, I wont be eating there nor anyone else I know.

because i was not aware of it and it was not mentioned at all to me when i was at the rh

because i was not aware of it and it was not mentioned at all to me when i was at the rh

Food quality issues aside for the moment... Don't pay too much attention to what Fondleshimself says. He likes to try to wind people up (I have him on ignore, but still see your quote lol), and if he does have friends, they likely know him well enough to not pay attention to him either :thumbup

Will be in to try the food on Friday night... hope its up to par. Will be posting a report here. :)

Frosty

Food quality issues aside for the moment... Don't pay too much attention to what Fondleshimself says. He likes to try to wind people up (I have him on ignore, but still see your quote lol), and if he does have friends, they likely know him well enough to not pay attention to him either :D

Will be in to try the food on Friday night... hope its up to par. Will be posting a report here. :)

Frosty

Looking for a free feed are we you suck up? :unsure:

Fondles wasnt winding anyone up with his posts. The food was rancid as posted by the boardmember you nearly see puking in the picture.

You're better off telling the new owner to listen to his critics rather than write them off as wind up merchants.

sometimes reteaching recipes takes an adjustment that sometimes has to be retaught

It's worrying that the complaint is flying over your head. They say the chicken was off, rancid. People are talking food poisoning. Yet you talk like you think it's a recipe adjustment. They also gave a reason it may be rancid. It was to do with where you buy the supplies?

And you have completely ignored ChuckRiveras post, which backs up claims that you ignore complaints.

I think you should deal with the issues here, before you lose two forums of potential business. That would be crazy.

Good luck with your venture :unsure:

best of luck in your new business venture at least you got the balls to do it well done and i hope you prosper forward and do great im there 24 hours i will try it out for sure wish you all well

+ 1

Looking for a free feed are we you suck up? :allright

Fondles wasnt winding anyone up with his posts. The food was rancid as posted by the boardmember you nearly see puking in the picture.

You're better off telling the new owner to listen to his critics rather than write them off as wind up merchants.

If the post had come from anyone credible, I would have.

Fondleshimself is known for winding people up for no reason other then to get a rise. I wouldn't be surprised if he had never eaten at Bobs, much less had one of the bad experiences.

When I first moved here, and before on holiday, I ate at Bobs many times - and while the food was not great maybe, I surely never found it rancid. Too many accounts say otherwise in the last year or so tho, so I believe their quality went down hill... but I wouldnt believe Fondles if he said the sun will rise tomorrow. He's not the sort you listen to when you need good advice about anything, one way or the other. That was my point, and I stick by it.

Dale has all the info he needs now to turn Bobs back around and make it a good place to eat again - I hope he manages it. Wont happen if he listens to people like Fondles.

It's worrying that the complaint is flying over your head. They say the chicken was off, rancid. People are talking food poisoning. Yet you talk like you think it's a recipe adjustment. They also gave a reason it may be rancid. It was to do with where you buy the supplies?

And you have completely ignored ChuckRiveras post, which backs up claims that you ignore complaints.

I think you should deal with the issues here, before you lose two forums of potential business. That would be crazy.

Good luck with your venture :devil

I agree. Dale has jumped on all the boards in an attempt to push his new business. He seems to have got two reactions. The tourist say good luck, I'll try your place when I get in town. The ex-pats and frequent visitors have said good luck, but I have had this experience in your place in the past. They then state their concerns, or suggestions. Dale's reaction so far has to defend himself, and Bob's. You have noticed, as I have, that it would be better to say "thanks for your input, I will look into that, and address your concerns"

In his defense, it must be tough to take over a business from somebody that wanted out for a long time, and just didn't give a shit. Then again, the "rancid" food delivered to rockhouse, was while Dale was in charge, and after he became owner. Maybe Dale needs to look out his front door. It's not walking street with a new group of tourists arriving each week. He can not rely solely on tourist business. If a tourist gets bad food or service, it doesn't matter that much, if a business has another tourist take his place tomorrow. Soi LK is mostly frequent visitors, and expats. If they have a problem, they will remember it for years. They are more than likely to tell others of their bad experience as well. I think that old saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" applies here.

If the post had come from anyone credible, I would have.

Fondleshimself is known for winding people up for no reason other then to get a rise. I wouldn't be surprised if he had never eaten at Bobs, much less had one of the bad experiences.

When I first moved here, and before on holiday, I ate at Bobs many times - and while the food was not great maybe, I surely never found it rancid. Too many accounts say otherwise in the last year or so tho, so I believe their quality went down hill... but I wouldnt believe Fondles if he said the sun will rise tomorrow. He's not the sort you listen to when you need good advice about anything, one way or the other. That was my point, and I stick by it.

Dale has all the info he needs now to turn Bobs back around and make it a good place to eat again - I hope he manages it. Wont happen if he listens to people like Fondles.

Yeah Ive eaten in Bob's twice, the first time it was awful, I gave it a second shot just in case I was there the first time on a bad day..... the food had not improved.

I agree. Dale has jumped on all the boards in an attempt to push his new business. He seems to have got two reactions. The tourist say good luck, I'll try your place when I get in town. The ex-pats and frequent visitors have said good luck, but I have had this experience in your place in the past. They then state their concerns, or suggestions.

I see it as a different two groups

a) your general everyday person , seeing someone who has just started a business having a crack and wishing him luck.

1luv youre everday group of "knockers" , doing what they do best.

go and see how many "rancid" breakffeasts or other meals these same types seem to all be eating.

Kiss Food is a perfect example , they probably do a 1,000 meals a day, however look at the "its unedible", i wouldnt feed my dog food from Kiss etc" comments that come from the same types of people.(not being the tasty food in Pattaya is a long way from not feeding it to a dog)

You can do your best , trying to please 100% of the people 100% of the time is an exercise in futility.

IMO places that disassociate themselves with these type of knockers are the most profitable in town,

a) your general everyday person , seeing someone who has just started a business having a crack and wishing him luck.

go and see how many "rancid" breakffeasts or other meals these same types seem to all be eating.

Kiss Food is a perfect example , they probably do a 1,000 meals a day, however look at the "its unedible", i wouldnt feed my dog food from Kiss etc" comments that come from the same types of people.(not being the tasty food in Pattaya is a long way from not feeding it to a dog)

You can do your best , trying to please 100% of the people 100% of the time is an exercise in futility.

IMO places that disassociate themselves with these type of knockers are the most profitable in town,

Can't argue with that. I could print a very long list of places which have served me shit stuff, I rarely complain on the boards about it though.

:)

Edited by davethailand

That is a very good point, I have eaten at Kiss foods on many occasions, usually in the company of a local lady, and I have never had a bad meal, despite what the snobs say. Funnily enough, many who bad mouth Kiss for example do not even like Thai food. I compare it to the 'brits abroad' who go to Spain and want fish and chips and think the local food is rancid. Maybe the seasonings used in somewhere like Bob's aren't the exact same as someone is used to=rancid. I know many people who consider a dish with corriander rancid, where in fact it is just that they don't like the taste of the herb, just my few satangs worth.

Good luck with your venture :chogdee

thanks for the well wishes and i have to say once again ihave not ignored any complaints cause i haven't heard any until i joined these forums and i don't believe i said anything about a recipe adjust towards this complaint and as far as where i buy my supplies the thread stated that a waitress who was quitting when she got paid was talking about somethin g she has absolutely no idea about having said that i can say the food products i buy are fresh not frozen and in my opinion as good as any out there at a fair and reasonable price.o why don't you come on in and give a try, if you think my food is rancid it will be on the house.respectfully Dale

I agree. Dale has jumped on all the boards in an attempt to push his new business. He seems to have got two reactions. The tourist say good luck, I'll try your place when I get in town. The ex-pats and frequent visitors have said good luck, but I have had this experience in your place in the past. They then state their concerns, or suggestions. Dale's reaction so far has to defend himself, and Bob's. You have noticed, as I have, that it would be better to say "thanks for your input, I will look into that, and address your concerns"

In his defense, it must be tough to take over a business from somebody that wanted out for a long time, and just didn't give a shit. Then again, the "rancid" food delivered to rockhouse, was while Dale was in charge, and after he became owner. Maybe Dale needs to look out his front door. It's not walking street with a new group of tourists arriving each week. He can not rely solely on tourist business. If a tourist gets bad food or service, it doesn't matter that much, if a business has another tourist take his place tomorrow. Soi LK is mostly frequent visitors, and expats. If they have a problem, they will remember it for years. They are more than likely to tell others of their bad experience as well. I think that old saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" applies here.

Thank god you are not a restaurant owner then,some of us tourists come to pattaya 3 or 4 times a year and for maybe a month at a time.