Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden

Wow, got an answer to my concerns in only an hour and 44 minutes. Thanks for the reply, and giving a heads up on your perspective. It's never easy being in a service industry. I imaging that in a foreign country, would compound that considerably.

So, Peat, are you saying that you have been there when I have? Quit being so low key, and stop by and say hello sometime. :thumbup

Edited by lovedog100
  • Downvote 2
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to agree with the place going down hill as of late. I went in last month and ordered a burger, it came with cold fries, that tasted like they had been sitting for a long time. I did someth

Wow, got an answer to my concerns in only an hour and 44 minutes. Thanks for the reply, and giving a heads up on your perspective. It's never easy being in a service industry. I imaging that in a f

Posted Images

A sincere reply to a customer concern. Always the mark of a true businessman.

Too many farang "businesspeople" respond to complaints with excuses and defensive backtalk.

I think the best thing about the place is the view and the atmosphere. The food is ok but average and the beer is sometimes warm. You need to take along a beautiful woman to distract you from the problems.

I visit the PBG every time I'm in Patts. Have got to know OOT & WI on the day shift well, also the the guys

and girls on night shift I love the place the staff always have a friendly smile for you and remember your name.

Yes there is a lot of banter between staff but all you have to do is catch their eye and there's a beer in front of you.

Food is always good, and you can be ensured that the check bin is not padded.

Interesting first post. I hope you will become a regular participant on this forum.

Didn't notice that until you posted it :chogdee

For a first post a very negative one, maybe a little wind up or BM behind alias.

As for my own experiences in PBG, never had anything but exellent service and really tasty thaifood, never tried any falang food there, but then again, i hardly ever eat falang food in LOS.

Just to re-cap on my thoughts.

I first visited PBG in August on my 3 month visit. The staff where I normally sit (at the bar) were always polite and friendly, recognised you on your return and even remembered my or our groups drinks. Things did change at the end of my trip in Oct due to different staff.

Overall PBG is probably the most friendly and hassle free bar to relax in Pattaya.

A previous poster did make a comment about the freelancers, I find them to be a bit old for me but you can find the occasional "diamond in the rough!"

Top response from Pete. I have always enjoyed my visits to PBG and never had a problem. I have frequented places run by Pete over the years and always found them to be quality.

I once sent a stale glass of wine back in Maxx Italian restaurant and thought the female owners wife was going to fight me. I have never been back since.

At PBG is something really is wrong you can send it back and be sure it will be put right with no drama. That's worth a lot to me.

G,day Pete,

Will be back for a few meals n drinks next April. Last April when there, had a great time every night.Especially great service from a staff member by the t\name of OR Loverly lady great service.

Cheers n Beers,

Bigl

Gotta throw my 2 cents in here.

I have eaten at PBG at least once a week (and often many more times per week) since I moved here. Thats hundreds 0f visits all told, and I can count the number of bad meals on one hand easily.

Most of my bad experiences where the food is concerned were during the day, when I would typically order the same meal I do at night - the cook is very obviously different during the day, as I have found the quality quite a bit lower for some meals during the morning and early afternoon. That said, they were still not bad! Just different. (For instance, the day time guy adds onions to the vegetables, and does not add as much butter, if any for dishes that have a mixed vegie side).

While its not often I see Pete there, I have seen him there dozens of times and I have no doubt whatsoever that he does everything he can do to keep his customers happy - thats just the way Pete is. If you have a problem, bring it up and it WILL be fixed or you will be compensated. Easy, done.

There are places in town where the management or ownership cares little for what the customers think - PBG is not in that category.

I ate there just yesterday and it was excellent as always, and while the service staff can sometimes get chatty, they always look around to see if anyone needs them. Wave at them and they will be there in seconds.

Like many of the previous posters I make PBG a regular stop when in town. The service, food and drinks are generally first class, however when there is a problem a quite word to one of the managers ALWAYS fixes the problem.

If you can’t be bothered seeking out a manager to convey your problem you only have yourself to blame.

As Pete has already stated they offer a genuine guarantee (which I have used on a couple of occasions in the past) so if you’re not happy, take them up on the guarantee first and then if you don’t get satisfaction you have every right to post negative comments on the boards.

However it’s a bit one sided if you don’t take advantage of the genuine offer to remedy the problem before you launch straight into criticising their business

I've eaten at the PBG many times and the food has always been very good. Sometimes it takes a fairly long time to get it served but I find the beer to be cold and the free lancers to be more then OK to fill my time. BTW excellent coffee is served. :rolleyes:

I was there about 1,5 week ago and have eaten there 3 times and must say that I and my girl where most pleased with the quality of the food and staff.

Sure to be checking in there again on the next trip.

So for me tumbs up for Pattaya Beer Garden :llaugh

Sounds like a great place, checked out the website. In all honesty, how are the FL's there? If a gut wants a beer or 20 and some food and some company are they likevultures or ok?

You will never be hassled (or likely even approached) at PBG.

In all the time I have been going there, I was only approached once and she didnt say anything - just stopped by where I was sitting and looked - when I looked away she moved on.

I think they even have a sign of sorts if your looking for a FL - something about a green drink coaster or something you can use that tells the girls your open to play? Not sure about this - I saw something about it one time, but never investigated since as I said its not my scene.

Sounds like a great place, checked out the website. In all honesty, how are the FL's there? If a gut wants a beer or 20 and some food and some company are they likevultures or ok?

Its a lot more relaxed than, say the Beer Garden in Bangkok. FLs by the bar will not hassle you and you can always sit on terrace away from the bar. They even have two sided beer mats, display the green side if you are looking for company, or the red side if you want to be left alone.

Its a lot more relaxed than, say the Beer Garden in Bangkok. FLs by the bar will not hassle you and you can always sit on terrace away from the bar. They even have two sided beer mats, display the green side if you are looking for company, or the red side if you want to be left alone.

Just like this PBG_MAT_2.jpg PBG_MAT_1.jpg

sounds good I read that but how does it go if you want to be red but just have a chat? I am a prople person and don;'t like being by myself, does red just mean no hassel or no pick up?

Thanx

sounds good I read that but how does it go if you want to be red but just have a chat? I am a prople person and don;'t like being by myself, does red just mean no hassel or no pick up?

Thanx

You could try saying hello :lol:

Been going to Pattaya Beer Garden for more than 18 month. The quality of the food, value for money & the service (friendliness of the staff) used to be spot on. Lovely place even to take family & kids out for a good meal.

The experience on my last 2 visits wasn't that great.

Having a table for 2, my partner went to get some Som Tum, but got turned off when she saw a lot of tiny roaches crawling around the place.

When I mentioned it to the waitress just got a smile & she couldn't do anything about it, cause it's been sprayed last night. (didn't even cover or close it)

I had to make a real effort to get my emty glass refilled because the girls were sitting on their arses and chatting, so I decided to pay my bill & leave early.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Sorry to hear. Went in last night got asked 4 times if I wanted food. In fact so much I couldn't make up my mind so tgf couldnt hence we said Mai pen rains they informed us they stop cooking 12'30am. But was quiet I'd say nice in day a bit too dark in the evening. But. The beer garden Indonesia like.

Also noticed that a lot of the old GOOD staff has left. Lot's of new faces. Was I just unlucky??? You tell me!