Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

The energy and skills of this guy seem quite amazing to me.   http://youtu.be/lhY6uIvt6yg

Posted Images

Here's a toe tapper.

http://youtu.be/8F8PLsV2dVk

Love it!

What do you call that kind of music? Swamp music? To me as a Brit it seems like a kind of crossover music between Blacks & Whites. Hillbilly music mixed up with some Cajun Church type Soul. WTF?

What instrument was the guy playing? Looked like a pimped out Banjo with electric.

I must have listened to this two an a bit minutes of music a thousand times.

Not for everyone I know! Not sure why I like it so much myself?

It evokes a time before I was born……It's a great old song too and I love the bass lines that walk towards you. It's so jaunty and rhythmically percussive but without so much as a tambourine in sight.

A bloody jazz violin of all things naff! And an illiterate gypsy guitarist with only two fingers on his left hand to call upon.

But it's neat, concise and works…….For me at least.

http://youtu.be/uCa3ca_1Xlo

Edited by atlas2

Atlas, I couldn't get the image of some old black and white silent movie out of my head listening to that!

Love it!

What do you call that kind of music? Swamp music? To me as a Brit it seems like a kind of crossover music between Blacks & Whites. Hillbilly music mixed up with some Cajun Church type Soul. WTF?

What instrument was the guy playing? Looked like a pimped out Banjo with electric.

Glad you liked it, Paps. That cat has an infectious enthusiasm about him that I enjoy.

I saw this performance on TV several years ago. I don't know much about the band beyond their wiki page. I reckon they're from the Blues/Funk hotbed of New Jersey. :)

He's playing an electric slide guitar. I think the Allman Brothers used it some in their music. It is also used in Country/Western Music to create a cat strangling, wrist slashing sound that I can't stand.

Take it easy

Glad you liked it, Paps. That cat has an infectious enthusiasm about him that I enjoy.

I saw this performance on TV several years ago. I don't know much about the band beyond their wiki page. I reckon they're from the Blues/Funk hotbed of New Jersey. :)

He's playing an electric slide guitar. I think the Allman Brothers used it some in their music. It is also used in Country/Western Music to create a cat strangling, wrist slashing sound that I can't stand.

Take it easy

It's a pedal steel guitar………Different from playing slide guitar.

The pedals alter the tunings while playing.

Get to the end of this one, you'll like it,

Nice playing. :thumbup

Kid Rock - I had never heard him. Seen the name, but not heard him. Good stuff. Reminded me of Faith No More, so I just listened to Epic. Great track.

---

Here's a strange guy I only heard of recently.

And for guitarists. Around 3.24 , some weird four fingered , two handed tapping that EVH was first to do.

http://youtu.be/4ha49z5LXM0

Unique blues improv, from Steve Vai

I must have listened to this two an a bit minutes of music a thousand times.

I'm catching up. Beautiful players. The overall sound is so tonefull, the violin sounds like a viola. Django does such lovely semitone bends. Fantastic player.