Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

Hi,

I met Carlos Santana in the Royal Garden many years ago. I was having a drink with my beautiful French girlfriend. I asked him had he any tickets for his show and he told me to "Fuck Off". :clap1 He was an unpleasant wee man, and if I'd have had my Glaswegian wing man with me that might have been the last you'd have heard of him.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

The energy and skills of this guy seem quite amazing to me.   http://youtu.be/lhY6uIvt6yg

Posted Images

I know it's the Moodys......Always searching for something ...But don't hold that against them.......

This is two of their best. Quite stirring stuff. Surprised me.

Edited by atlas2

They did a lot of great music.

Great live versions. Thanks for posting that.

I just recalled the first time I heard them. I was in a car of five or six teens driving up to Berkeley on a weekend. All of us classmates, boys and girls. A girl next to me had a tape of Days of Future Past.

edit: no it was on AM radio. She asked me if I liked them but I told her I had not heard them before. That was back in the 8 track days. All we had was AM.

50 years ago almost.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If you want to introduce young people to The Band, this is a good place to start. Brilliant. Good mongers song. :banana

Edited by wacmedia

Just couldnt resist, one of my old girlfriends Polly Brown.

I bet you'd love a hairstyle like Chris next to Polly??? hahahahaha

Keep buying 60's and 70's stuff lads, us old farts need the royalties.

Edited by Goldpanner
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Rory!

Rolling Stones place him #57 of the top 100 guitar players, but I think he is easily in the top 20 if not top ten (but then they put Keith Richards above Jeff Beck, go figure):

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/rory-gallagher-20111122

Have a listen. I saw him live in 1978 when a little known band by the name of Rush was the opening act.

https://youtu.be/A2VBTGOEEY4?list=PLFH0S3Sg-oYvK7OpTXml15mNvRO89ERYb

Sometimes you come across something that surprises........ And you want to share..

Perhaps as someone said.....music has no barriers......

Pink Floyd in woollen underwear!

Two hasidic jews singing about diamonds.......Shouldn't be surprised I suppose.......

Somehow this moved me more than the original.

Edited by atlas2

Hi,

Ewan McColl was a mate of mine many years ago. He is the father of the wonderful Kirsty(RIP). He wrote this song for Peggy Seeger many years ago. It didn't sound great till Roberta Flack slowed it down and turned it into a classic.I think it's the best love song ever written.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is an interesting cover of a Simon and Garfunkel classic by a heavy metal band. They have treated the original with respect.

If you want to see what they usually do try this:

Hi,

I'm a dusky lady fan, but this is one lady i would make an exception for. I remember this concert well. Blondie were a decent band and Debbie was so hot.

https://youtu.be/9z_ZXoMtBaU?list=PL47A2C1F3FF0059FF

MG5-Palladium-Theatre-NYC.jpg

MG7-NYC-street-nr-Gramercy-Park.gif

Edited by wacmedia
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be a bit controversial.listening to Radio 2 interview last night on the way to work, Rick Wakeman was being asked about this track, apparently Lennon and Mcartney fell out because it was supposed to be a ballad rather than a pop song.

I personally like this version, and I feel it is done adequate justice in this piano interpretation;