Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

The energy and skills of this guy seem quite amazing to me.   http://youtu.be/lhY6uIvt6yg

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, midlifecrisis said:

I looked for a couple of Eagles songs, one a Henley tune, and they are not available to post. A shame.

So as you posted Henley:

Well, The Garden of Allah isn't available on YouTube either.

I won't link covers when the original is absent for comparison.

This is a great Eagles tune.

Hi,

It was unavailable on this link but available on another.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

The lead singer dies recently. A great band from the pub rock scene. I forgot how well I knew some of these bands until I read No Sleep till Canvey Island. Great book about the time.

• 3 months later...

On Bing News links there is a story today about the lights from an Arizona medical marijuana farm. I post the photo and an appropriate song.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/medical-marijuana-farm-lights-create-purple-hazy-sky-over-snowflake-az/285-85b6ac3a-930b-46e1-a0b9-2f9b47e2657b

purple haze.jpg

Edited by midlifecrisis

Hi,

The Cranberries had a colourful manager who had much earlier success before going to Ireland to train racehorses. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituarydenny-cordell-laverack-1574265.html

The three Rs are normally associated with painful experiences at school. Denny Cordell-Laverack was master at the more enjoyable alternative three Rs - rock and roll and racing. His first master-stroke came in 1965, when he was 21, a simple stamps-on-envelopes boy working for a firm marketing Beatles products. He discovered the Bessie Banks song "Go Now" and placed it with a new band called the Moody Blues. Contrary to normal behaviour in the industry, he persuaded them to sign a business agreement. The song was a great hit, and Cordell made £36,000. No matter how hard the Moody Blues tried, they couldn't get out of the piece of paper they had signed.

Cordell produced two other classic hits of the Sixties: "A Whiter Shade of Pale" (1967) for Procol Harum, and Lennon and McCartney's "With a Little Help From My Friends" for the soul singer Joe Cocker in 1968. Cordell launched Cocker in the United States, taking the Grease Band, which included J.J. Cale and Gary Busey, now a movie star, on their notorious Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour of the United States, culminating in their appearance at Woodstock.

It was, however, to Ireland that Cordell turned for his highly successful training and horse-breeding career. He was a breath of fresh air compared to the Tipperary-dominated fake glamour set. Suddenly Ireland had a genuine star bestriding its proudest stage - from the Curragh to Gowran Park, his local track. With his mop of grey curls, a Marlboro dangling from the lip and a charismatic clan of his children and stepchildren he could not but add real style and eccentricity to Irish racing. He bought a lovely property, Corries, in County Carlow, and in a typically wry touch, had the house painted in the Argentinian national colours - at the time of the Falklands war.

Eventually, rejuvenated by the Irish country life, he returned to his first love, music. The money too was running a bit thin but the magic had not left, and Chris Blackwell, of Island Records, a friend for many years, put him back in as his Artists and Repertoire man. Cordell did not fail him, as he and his eldest son, Barney, discovered in Cork in 1993 the Cranberries, the only non-American band in the present top 30 albums in the United States. He was most recently associated with Marianne Faithfull on her album A Secret Life, which is due out next month.

Pirate Irwin

Dennis Cordell-Laverack, record producer, horse breeder and trainer: born Argentina 1 August 1943; twice married (three sons, one daughter; and one son by Marina Guinness); died Dublin 18 February 1995.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, midlifecrisis said:

barefoot girls dancin' in the moonlight

On 2/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, midlifecrisis said:

barefoot girls dancin' in the moonlight

Hi,

One of my fav bands.

3 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

One of my fav bands.

My late boss/mentor's too. I can't listen to Creedence without thinking of Mike. Not a bad thing. He took a PTSD ex soldier, trained him in drafting, mechanical design and sent me back to school on the company's dime for my degree. 

If there is a better harmonica player than John Popper please link him or her. My brother plays. He's pretty good but not this good. Popper is amaaaazingggg!

Miserable Bastard is dedicated to all who love 'em and leave 'em.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need a playlist for a coronavirus outbreak that would've seemed inconceivable just a month ago? Alternative rock band R.E.M.'s 1987 hit, It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine), might just be on that soundtrack. The buzzy hit has shown up in the top songs list on iTunes, landing at No. 41 on Monday morning. That's up more than 20 spots from Sunday, when music and entertainment publication Consequence of Sound reported the tune was at No. 64. 

https://www.cnet.com/news/coronavirus-has-r-e-m-s-its-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it-climbing-charts/