Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

The energy and skills of this guy seem quite amazing to me.   http://youtu.be/lhY6uIvt6yg

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Bristol City game ...???

Hi,

No, but lived in the West country for a while and picked up some of the local customs.:gulp

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At my age I hope I never say, I met Napoleon, even though I have the time.

I would love to tour the Southland
In a traveling minstrel show
Yes I'd love to tour the Southland
In a traveling minstrel show
Yes I'm dying to be a star and make them laugh
Sound just like a record on the phonograph
Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago, oh yeah
I have never met Napoleon
But I plan to find the time
I have never met Napoleon
But I plan to find the time
'Cause he looks so fine upon that hill
They tell me he was lonely, he's lonely still
Those days are gone forever
I stepped up on the platform
The man gave me the news
He said, You must be joking son
Where did you get those shoes?
Where did you get those shoes?
Well, I've seen 'em on the TV, the movie show
They say the times are changing but I just don't know
These things are gone forever

Once upon a time in a beautiful land far, far away....

Actually is was Hanalei, on the north shore of Kauai (see: Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary).  I was sitting in a little bar/Restaurant with an incredibly beautiful blonde babe who I had brought on her first trip to the Hawaiian Islands.  We had dined and chose to remain seated because there was going to be entertainment (I would have rather gone back to the condo and play my favorite game: Emperor and the Slave Girl but she felt that could wait...

The music began...I did not really pay attention, was too busy playing with her breasts discretely and digitally assaulting her very wet pussy under the table - much to the envious approval of our waiter and busboys.  She said something like "you should pay attention, these guys are really good."  I looked, locals singing local stuff for the most part. I said "He is one big boy"!  She spread her legs wider so I could insert my fingers deeper....suddenly he began to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow - one of my all time favorite songs.  I tried to pay more attention...BUT.

A few days later we were in Waikiki.  Some program was on and she started screaming "Look, those are the guys we saw in Hanalei".  I told her it was time to play Submarine!  Up periscope.  Anyway, back to the narrative - pretty sure it was this guy.

Edited by BigusDicus
  • Like 2

Some feel this song is about frolicking on the north shore of Kauai and smoking joints - Puff the Magic Dragon!

As a child I did not feel that of course...

Edited by BigusDicus
3 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

Once upon a time in a beautiful land far, far away....

Actually is was Hanalei, on the north shore of Kauai (see: Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary).  I was sitting in a little bar/Restaurant with an incredibly beautiful blonde babe who I had brought on her first trip to the Hawaiian Islands.  We had dined and chose to remain seated because there was going to be entertainment (I would have rather gone back to the condo and play my favorite game: Emperor and the Slave Girl but she felt that could wait...

The music began...I did not really pay attention, was too busy playing with her breasts discretely and digitally assaulting her very wet pussy under the table - much to the envious approval of our waiter and busboys.  She said something like "you should pay attention, these guys are really good."  I looked, locals singing local stuff for the most part. I said "He is one big boy"!  She spread her legs wider so I could insert my fingers deeper....suddenly he began to sin Somewhere Over the Rainbow - one of my all time favorite songs.  I tried to pay more attention...BUT.

A few days later we were in Waikiki.  Some program was on and she started screaming "Look, those are the guys we saw in Hanalei".  I told her it was time to play Submarine!  Up periscope.  Anyway, back to the narrative - pretty sure it was this guy.

An amazing tenor.

11 hours ago, monkeyman said:

Time for a little Pattaya music...

Jeeez how the hell did you find this ?... and give me more please ...!

The original was written by his Father apparantly. His Father was a classical composer that said the he could write any punk shit and it would be a hit..... Can't be assed to google it .... but that is the way I remember it...

By "his" I meant Plastic Bertrand of course...

Edited by Bullfrog
12 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

Some feel this song is about frolicking on the north shore of Kauai and smoking joints - Puff the Magic Dragon!

As a child I did not feel that of course...

The dragon historically referred to smoking opium and not marijuana. It was called chasing the dragon.

Here's an overview of the song's alleged marijuana references. The dragon "Puff" refers to smoking (i.e. to "drag on") a joint. His young friend "Jackie Paper" and the his sealing wax refer to rolling papers. The "autumn mist" in the chorus is either plumes of cannabis smoke or the state of being high. The land of "Hanah Lee" is code for the Hawaiian village of Hanalei, which was supposedly known for growing superb marijuana.

Many of these claims first appeared in a 1964 Newsweek article that discussed alleged drug references hidden in pop songs.

What the Writers of Puff the Magic Dragon Had to Say

But the writers adamantly refute this interpretation. Leonard Lipton - who wrote the poem that the song was based on while attending college in the late 50s - said the marijuana interpretation is not only implausible but distasteful:

"['Puff' is about] loss of innocence, and having to face an adult world," he said according to Snopes, which considers the marijuana theory false. "It's surely not about drugs. I can tell you that at Cornell in 1959, no one smoked grass. I find the fact that people interpret it as a drug song annoying. It would be insidious to propagandize about drugs in a song for little kids."

In 2008, co-writer and performer Peter Yarrow told Reuters, "I was 20 years old at Cornell in 1959 when it was written and I was so square at that time, as was everyone else. Drugs had not emerged then. I know Puff was a good dragon and would never have had drugs around him. Now you've heard that from the mouth of the dragon's daddy."

https://www.civilized.life/articles/puff-magic-dragon-marijuana/

12 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

The original was written by his Father apparantly. His Father was a classical composer that said the he could write any punk shit and it would be a hit..... Can't be assed to google it .... but that is the way I remember it...

This is Lou, who wrote, produced and recorded the original version of the song, and is apparently the only Belgian to have a chart hit in the UK.  The public face of Plastic Bertrand was a guy called Roger Jouret, who mimed to Lou's voice.

Lou has lived in the Pattaya area for many years and has often been seen in Papagayo and its environs. I've seen him in there myself.

Parts of the video were filmed in the old Yuth Bar on Second Road between Soi 2 and 3.  

• Thanks 1
On 5/15/2020 at 4:29 PM, monkeyman said:

Time for a little Pattaya music...

Ca plan pour moi

18 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Apparently punks can also write classical music....

Jaz Coleman.... singer with Killing Joke...

And classical composer...

• Thanks 1