Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

The energy and skills of this guy seem quite amazing to me.   http://youtu.be/lhY6uIvt6yg

Posted Images

On 5/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, BigusDicus said:

Once upon a time in a beautiful land far, far away....

Actually is was Hanalei, on the north shore of Kauai (see: Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary).  I was sitting in a little bar/Restaurant with an incredibly beautiful blonde babe who I had brought on her first trip to the Hawaiian Islands.  We had dined and chose to remain seated because there was going to be entertainment (I would have rather gone back to the condo and play my favorite game: Emperor and the Slave Girl but she felt that could wait...

The music began...I did not really pay attention, was too busy playing with her breasts discretely and digitally assaulting her very wet pussy under the table - much to the envious approval of our waiter and busboys.  She said something like "you should pay attention, these guys are really good."  I looked, locals singing local stuff for the most part. I said "He is one big boy"!  She spread her legs wider so I could insert my fingers deeper....suddenly he began to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow - one of my all time favorite songs.  I tried to pay more attention...BUT.

A few days later we were in Waikiki.  Some program was on and she started screaming "Look, those are the guys we saw in Hanalei".  I told her it was time to play Submarine!  Up periscope.  Anyway, back to the narrative - pretty sure it was this guy.

Google is celebrating what would have been his 61st birthday today

• Like 1
5 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Google is celebrating what would have been his 61st birthday today

Funny, was on google several times this morning and didn't notice.

1 hour ago, midlifecrisis said:

The late Alvin Lee and Ten Years After

When I was in high school a buddy invited me along to a concert in a smaller auditorium in Long Beach CA.  Out of our neighborhood, I did not really want to go but his girlfriend had dumped him and he didn't have anyone else to take.  Neither of us were into Ten Years After, we went for the opening act (funny, cannot remember who).  At the end of the first act I said something like "we don't need to stay for Ten Years After, we have a long drive lets go".  My buddy insisted we stay.  

Alvin Lee and the band walked out and played a few songs.  Were actually very good!  Impressed, I was glad we had stayed.  They took a quick break.  Alvin Lee came back alone and sat down on a stool and began to play.  An incredible tour de force....I had never seen anything like it.  He played for close to an hour before the rest of the band joined him.  And they played on.  And on.  Finally the fire marshal came out and literally pulled the plug to get them to stop.  One of the best concerts I ever experienced!

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, BigusDicus said:

When I was in high school a buddy invited me along to a concert in a smaller auditorium in Long Beach CA.  Out of our neighborhood, I did not really want to go but his girlfriend had dumped him and he didn't have anyone else to take.  Neither of us were into Ten Years After, we went for the opening act (funny, cannot remember who).  At the end of the first act I said something like "we don't need to stay for Ten Years After, we have a long drive lets go".  My buddy insisted we stay.  

Alvin Lee and the band walked out and played a few songs.  Were actually very good!  Impressed, I was glad we had stayed.  They took a quick break.  Alvin Lee came back alone and sat down on a stool and began to play.  An incredible tour de force....I had never seen anything like it.  He played for close to an hour before the rest of the band joined him.  And they played on.  And on.  Finally the fire marshal came out and literally pulled the plug to get them to stop.  One of the best concerts I ever experienced!

He had his demons (drugs) but the man was one of the great guitarist of his era. I never saw him live but I missed a lot when I was in the service. No complaints. I got caught up.

All of the songs I have been posting lately are on my MP3 player. Although I downloaded all of my favorite songs from CDs to my computer first, I rarely listen to my music at home. I always have the MP3 player in the truck and most of what I link is what I listened to while out driving.

That's a nice anecdote about the concert. 

10 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

Fantastic story mate..!!

Having recently picked up an electric guitar again after many years. It's great to have YouTube to look back on classic songs and trying to pick them up. Being able so see it being played in the vids helps tremendously. 

Here's one I've watched to death recently. Total classic and way ahead of its time. 

And my just dispatched today 2nd new guitar since lockdown. 

IMG_20200527_113813.jpg

Lakmé, Flower Duet

Here's some insight about the opera:

The opera Lakmé is a French-ified tragic love story between the daughter of a Hindu priest (a Brahmin, the highest caste in Hindu society) and a British military officer, in the late 1800s. Note: the name "Lakmé" is the French version of "Lakshmi", the name of an actual Hindu goddess, as well the name of the priest's daughter. Also, Hindus were forced to practice their religion in secret due to British colonization.

Imagine a scene where Lakmé (played by Netrebko, on the right) and one of her servants, Mallika (played by Garanča, on the left) are picking flowers (for the temple) near a lush, blue-green riverbank one morning, singing this exact song.

Now imagine how forbidden that type of relationship would be in colonial India, between a British army officer and a Brahmin's daughter - despite all of that, they end up falling in love. You could imagine that her dad wasn't too happy with it, either. The story ends with the officer falling out of love and going back to swear duty to his job, and with Lakmé, well... Killing herself with poison.

• Like 1

Knowing one's daughter is within a half mile of a murder suspect who has shot two at least two cops so far requires something mellow.

edit:

My daughter is home! 

Edited by midlifecrisis

Here’s an oldie, and one of my favorite ‘feel good’ songs that expresses the glass half-full. I think it’s amazing the artist could sing this Inspiring song so powerfully at a time when his dog was poisoned, had a bullet fired through his window, a burning cross placed on his lawn, all for moving into a neighborhood he could afford. So SMILE.?

• Upvote 3