Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

1 hour ago, RhinoTusk said:

Here’s an oldie, and one of my favorite ‘feel good’ songs that expresses the glass half-full. I think it’s amazing the artist could sing this Inspiring song so powerfully at a time when his dog was poisoned, had a bullet fired through his window, a burning cross placed on his lawn, all for moving into a neighborhood he could afford. So SMILE.?

Triple green from me for that one!!

I've had my house blown up by the IRA...I've been shot at more than once... but what really gets me upset is that my ex inlaws poisoned my dog because I refused to use her for breeding (for money)

You've brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my face with this one...Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

The energy and skills of this guy seem quite amazing to me.   http://youtu.be/lhY6uIvt6yg

Posted Images

I feel your pain. 

Many moons ago the ira blew up my busking pitch in Manchester center. The tunnel leading to shambles Square behind marks and Spencer. 

I doubt it was aimed at me directly but It was a great pitch. Out of the weather and nice acoustics with a nice little pub in the square to spend my earning in.

That was the first Saturday in months I'd not gone busking. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, la8rat said:

I feel your pain. 

Many moons ago the ira blew up my busking pitch in Manchester center. The tunnel leading to shambles Square behind marks and Spencer. 

I doubt it was aimed at me directly but It was a great pitch. Out of the weather and nice acoustics with a nice little pub in the square to spend my earning in.

That was the first Saturday in months I'd not gone busking. 

I have so much to thank Manchester for in the 80s. My wife was from Bradford, Manchester but moved to Hyde. I can't explain the NI of the 80s briefly so would just  like to say that Cest La Vie 1 & 2, the Brauhaus and countless pubs my wife dragged me around helped me blow off steam....Thank you Manchester!!!

I know I have posted this before but here is Phil Collins ....We were watching it one night in Derry...and one at a time lads skidded up and danced and mimed to it ....one of the lads was killed the next day leaving Rosemount police station...RIP Feller !!

• Upvote 1

A picture posted by Jomtienguy jogged a memory of "Alice's Restaurent" ...Whilst searching for it I came across this ......Boy doesn't he look like Richard Beckinsale!!!

Tull

Took a sad song of one sweet evening
I smiled and quickly turned away.
It's not easy singing sad songs
But still the easiest way I have to say.
So when you look into the sun
And see the things we haven't done
Oh was it better then to run
Than to spend the summer crying.
Now summer cannot come anyway.

I had waited for time to change her.
The only change that came was over me.
She pretended not to want love
I hope she was only fooling me.
Look for the pleasures nearly won.
Or was it better then to run
Than to spend the summer singing.
And summer could have come in a day.

So if you hear my sad song singing
Remember who and what you nearly had.
It's not easy singing sad songs
When you can sing the song to make me glad.
And see the words you could have sung:
It's not too late, only begun,
We can still make summer.
Yes, summer always comes anyway.

And see the words you could have sung:
It's not too late, only begun.
Look into the sun.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, midlifecrisis said:

Gershwin was only 38 when he died following brain surgery. The following is one of the first classical songs I heard, then on 78 rpm. It is a marriage of classical music and jazz. Enjoy.

You’ve  some playlist didn’t think I’d enjoy the last two choices but I did 

thanks for the education ?

58 minutes ago, gs joe said:

You’ve  some playlist didn’t think I’d enjoy the last two choices but I did 

thanks for the education ?

I have always loved music. Mom and dad had many 78s and that is where I cut my teeth listening to music. I play a bit of drums. I am at best an intermediate. I have not been collecting newer music but have many CDs that I copied to my computer and then to mp3 player. I mostly listen when in the truck and not so much at home.

Here is a tune by the Police. Perhaps their last as a band. Sting wrote a few songs with psychological lyrics. The following according to the internet is biographical about his father but you guys across the Pond might know more about that and can educate me. Synchronicity is a Jungian concept. I can't say I am well versed in Jungian theories.

"Synchronicity (German: Synchronizität) is a concept, first introduced by analytical psychologist Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related."

5 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

George Gershwin's tune song by two of the greats!

An absolutely stunning rendition!  I grew up with that song on a Peggy Lee album in our household.  My mother use to sing it.....I introduced my daughter to the Norah Jones rendition years ago.  While I have heard the Ella Fitzgerald version before, no recollection of this with Louis Armstrong.  Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Gershwin was only 38 when he died following brain surgery. The following is one of the first classical songs I heard, then on 78 rpm. It is a marriage of classical music and jazz. Enjoy.

Have always been a fan of Gershwin's music.  One of the first CDs I ever purchased had both Rhapsody in Blue and An American in Paris on it.  One late afternoon decades ago I met a very cute, young girl sitting at the bar with her mother in a nice restaurant in the Plaza area of Kansas City.  They had driven in from Manhattan, Kansas for a day of shopping.  The girl was very cute and flirtatious.  I was smitten and mother was determined not to let us get together...(I was around 30 at the time - absolutely dangerous.  The girl 19--20...).  Fortunately the girl managed to slip me her # as her mother dragged her out.  Two days latter I drove hours to Manhattan, met up with the babe for dinner.  Making out in my car afterward she told me about her ex boyfriend, how 'their sex song' was Rhapsody in Blue....Guess what CD I plugged in....

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, BigusDicus said:

An absolutely stunning rendition!  I grew up with that song on a Peggy Lee album in our household.  My mother use to sing it.....I introduced my daughter to the Norah Jones rendition years ago.  While I have heard the Ella Fitzgerald version before, no recollection of this with Louis Armstrong.  Thank you so much!

Have always been a fan of Gershwin's music.  One of the first CDs I ever purchased had both Rhapsody in Blue and An American in Paris on it.  One late afternoon decades ago I met a very cute, young girl sitting at the bar with her mother in a nice restaurant in the Plaza area of Kansas City.  They had driven in from Manhattan, Kansas for a day of shopping.  The girl was very cute and flirtatious.  I was smitten and mother was determined not to let us get together...(I was around 30 at the time - absolutely dangerous.  The girl 19--20...).  Fortunately the girl managed to slip me her # as her mother dragged her out.  Two days latter I drove hours to Manhattan, met up with the babe for dinner.  Making out in my car afterward she told me about her ex boyfriend, how 'their sex song' was Rhapsody in Blue....Guess what CD I plugged in....

That's great!

As to another Ella version...I think there is one without Satchmo...hehe

Here you go!