Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Any Members With Filipina Wives/GFs?

Retired American serviceman currently living in the Philippines, but tired of it. Coming to Pattaya in January for a month to see about living there.

Wondering if any members have Filipina wives or GF's and how they like Pattaya?

Thanks

Retired American serviceman currently living in the Philippines, but tired of it. Coming to Pattaya in January for a month to see about living there.

Thanks

Whereabout in PP were u living sinsinbad.

If you bring her along, introduce her to the band at FLB. They can answer any questions as they have been here for about 10 years now and love it.

If your on facebook let me know and I will send you their contacts - am sure they would be happy to swap emails before your visit.

I am friendly with an elderly american ex serviceman in AC who has just moved to pattaya with his long-term Filipina GF. She loves it here and is very happy. she does have a problem that the locals think she is thai and is ignoring them when they speak to her tho !! We taught her to say "I dont speak Thai" so that makes it easier. she loves the food, living standards etc. misses her family of course but it is quite easy and cheap to fly back every so often.

We lived about 1 and 1/2 years in Olongapo/Subic and the last 2 years in Angeles.

The Philippines is generally a dirty place with trash and black smoke everywhere, and the food in general isn't that good. Plus, there isn't a lot to do either.

Looking forward to our visit in January and hoping we find a condo to rent and like it there.

Having another Filipina for her to talk to would help.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Never. Filippina wife/GF? Thinking about moving to the LOS? 'Don't even THINK about it (unless your sigo somehow lacks that gene or chromosome that results in the non-surgical amputation of valued body parts....). I can only suggest you trust me on this one - the percentages on this are scary...

:yikes:

Thanks

I talked with a filipina friend of mine who has been in Phuket for the past week, and so far she says she loves Thailand. She says the country is so clean and the food is delicious. Another Filipina friend says exactly the same.

That's a change.....The posts I normally read are from expats who are wanting to leave Thailand and head to the Phillipines. Maybe you could do a condo swap, or maybe a life swap.....You fly out and they fly in....The women will probably never know the difference! :thumbup

• 1 month later...

Hi Sinsinbad,

I know you started your topic already 1 month ago and I do not know if you have made a decision in the meantime, but I like to tell you about my experience of living with a Philippina in Thailand. I met a Philippina 2 years ago in Pattaya, she is originally from Subic Bay (Barrio Barretto) and came here for a visit. We liked each other from the beginning and soon she moved into my condo. I lived with a couple of thai girls before and nothing worked out. There were a lot of communication problems and mostly finacial issues, so I went on looking and looking until I found her. She loves Thailand especially the food over here and has in the meantime many Thai and Philippina girlfriends. What you have to do put her straight away into a Thai language class so that she can communicate with the girls over here, because most of the time when you go to parties you will see the girls sitting on one side talking Thai and the expats on the other side talking English, so she would be lost if she does not speak Thai. There is always CEBU Pacific and they have many specials in the year so that your wife can go easily back to the Philippines for renewal of her Visa or to visit her family. She can also easily renew her visa in Cambodgia or Laos so there are many possibilities. If you are married and you are entitled to a retirement visa she can now piggyback on it so that she can slso stay for one year without any problem. She will find many Philippinas here in Thailand, they are mostly singers in the philippine bands that work in Pattaya. If your wife wants to contact my wife here is her email address estrellarose1947@yahoo.com and than they can talk in Tagalog and my wife will give her more details

All the best for the future Old Salty

We lived about 1 and 1/2 years in Olongapo/Subic and the last 2 years in Angeles.

The Philippines is generally a dirty place with trash and black smoke everywhere, and the food in general isn't that good. Plus, there isn't a lot to do either.

Looking forward to our visit in January and hoping we find a condo to rent and like it there.

Having another Filipina for her to talk to would help.

There is a large Flipperpina population in Bangers also. I find them easy for free shags.

• 2 months later...
Hi Sinsinbad,

I know you started your topic already 1 month ago and I do not know if you have made a decision in the meantime, but I like to tell you about my experience of living with a Philippina in Thailand. I met a Philippina 2 years ago in Pattaya, she is originally from Subic Bay (Barrio Barretto) and came here for a visit. We liked each other from the beginning and soon she moved into my condo. I lived with a couple of thai girls before and nothing worked out. There were a lot of communication problems and mostly finacial issues, so I went on looking and looking until I found her. She loves Thailand especially the food over here and has in the meantime many Thai and Philippina girlfriends. What you have to do put her straight away into a Thai language class so that she can communicate with the girls over here, because most of the time when you go to parties you will see the girls sitting on one side talking Thai and the expats on the other side talking English, so she would be lost if she does not speak Thai. There is always CEBU Pacific and they have many specials in the year so that your wife can go easily back to the Philippines for renewal of her Visa or to visit her family. She can also easily renew her visa in Cambodgia or Laos so there are many possibilities. If you are married and you are entitled to a retirement visa she can now piggyback on it so that she can slso stay for one year without any problem. She will find many Philippinas here in Thailand, they are mostly singers in the philippine bands that work in Pattaya. If your wife wants to contact my wife here is her email address estrellarose1947@yahoo.com and than they can talk in Tagalog and my wife will give her more details

All the best for the future Old Salty

hello,i like to talk to ur wife,,i want to know about pattaya..thank you please add me to ur email.josefa3234@yahoo.com.im josefa lendio from neros oriental phillipines

I met a nice Pinay at church back in '08.We were together until it got to the point where she wanted kids and I did not.Obviously she was considerably younger.Most of them are Catholic,so I guess that's one place to meet them.The entire choir are from PI.The vast majority I met came to LOS for better job opportunities and acclimated well.And as mentioned earlier,the flights back home are affordable.My girl was from Bacolod City.

I met a nice Pinay at church back in '08.We were together until it got to the point where she wanted kids and I did not.Obviously she was considerably younger.Most of them are Catholic,so I guess that's one place to meet them.The entire choir are from PI.The vast majority I met came to LOS for better job opportunities and acclimated well.And as mentioned earlier,the flights back home are affordable.My girl was from Bacolod City.

hello,,ur wife now live in pattaya?i want to know????ur wife have email add,,can i email her,,i have some question to ask..thank you very mush

My wife? :allright I've had a few but she isn't one of them.

hello,,ur wife now live in pattaya?i want to know????ur wife have email add,,can i email her,,i have some question to ask..thank you very mush
Edited by LTGTR
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sinsinbad, I only post if I have something to say. Can I say I found your post sincere and informative. I visited AC/Subic for the first time last month. My retirement plan is Pattaya in 7-8 years. I have vistied Pats for the last 6 years. Having experienced the Filipino GFE if I was to take a partner it would definately be Filipino over Thai. Having a step-mother 2 yrs older than me probably has something to do with it as well. I certainly was not aware that there were many Filipinos living in Pats. Food for thought. Cheers