Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am here in the land of smiles for three weeks and for the first few days booked a room at the Diana Inn, not a bad price of 850 Bht per night with Breakfast. The room was OK but basic, and as it was my first trip I was not sure if this was the standard level of rooms in Pattaya. When I booked they had no availability after 5 days and I needed to find another place to stay.

A friend of mine who lives here saw this new place (D Apartment) when he was passing and asked about availability. The place was so new that the Monks were just completing the opening ritual and when they were finished he looked at the rooms for me.

Later that day I went and had a look myself as he told me they were very good.

Wow.... what a place.... The rooms are very large, I think about 50sq meters plus, lets say big enough for a good party, Air con, large fridge, free water and coffee, 32" Flat screen LCD, table chairs, Armchair, 2 x desk, Free WiFi, Daily room service, Good comfortable bed, 6sq mtr Balcony, in room electronic safe - large enough for a 15 inch laptop, quiet location, the Bathroom has a full size bath with shower over, a seperate large (2 people size) walk in shower, toilet, sink, counter etc. Free secure car park, 24 Hour security with video CCTV everywhere, lift, reception, Roof top Swimming Pool, etc. All the usual things, Laundry service, (very friendly maid :grin-jump ) small kitchen area, etc.

So what would you pay for a place like this...... I think I got a bargain a superior room for 1200 Bht per night, I could have had a slightly smaller room for 1000 bht but decided to go for the superior package..... I hope that this is not an introductionary price.

They are guest friendly and jokingly I asked if I could bring two ladies back, their answer was - two, three, four, no problem, if I can manage it!

I travel the world a lot, and usually stay in 5* hotels on business, Take my advice, You will be VERY happy if you can get in here for your stay.

For a reference, I would have been happy to pay 2500 Bht per night for this standard.

348/17 M,9 SoiBuakhao +66 (0) 38 720828

Enjoy! :grin-jump

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi ThaiLearner, I did ask about a website at the front desk the other day... I think (my interpretation of the reply is that they are in the process of haveing one designed, in fact I saw a chap takin

Posted Images

FatherMojo, this is the only D Apartments I know and it is not new. Very nice lady who runs it but the desciptions are not true.

This is a brand new place..... The description I posted is 100% true.... I will try and get some external shots in the morning.... here are a few internal photos for now (going out for the night).

post-25039-1292855879.jpg

post-25039-1292856070.jpg

post-25039-1292856092.jpg

post-25039-1292856107.jpg

post-25039-1292856123.jpg

post-25039-1292856139.jpg

post-25039-1292856149.jpg

post-25039-1292856160.jpg

post-25039-1292856171.jpg

post-25039-1292856183.jpg

post-25039-1292856193.jpg

Edited by Frogster

Looks like a quality place to stay. Do they have elevator service?

I think it's the new building next to LK Royal Suite on Soi Bua Khao opposite the night market, near to Soi 8.

Looks good but I bet the rooms facing the front could get noisy at night with all the traffic and market outside? :P

Plahgat

I am not doubting you. I am just saying that the link FatherMojo put up, is were I have stayed twice and is nothing like what you descripe.

I was in Pattaya last mars and they might have changed it a lot. Are you sure the name is D Apartments? There are 4 guesthouses in a row with D Apartments on the left and were I stayed last time (I do not remember the name) on the right. Behind that they were building a new hotel/guesthouse when I was there and that might be the place you are talking about.

However I see that you have the same phone number that I have.

p.s Just talking to my friend.There is a new building behind the old D Apartment I am talking about and that might well be the same company.

Edited by Taltos
Looks very clean and nice!

I found this link... http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...IdArticle=25129

Looks like they opened a new building!

FatherMojo

Yep, thats the one FatherMojo, Ill get some more pics in the morning.... when my Barfine goes.... Oh, and with a place like this you dont mind taking a Barfine like this back..... worth every penny to see the look on her face when she sees the room.

post-25039-1292877567.jpg

Problem is, how would you know if you were going to get the new or the old part.?

I have seen this building going up over the past few months from my balcony at the R-Con. When making a booking just insist it applies tothe new wing ONLY! Really nothing to lose as I presume no advance unrefundable deposit is required, if not as advertised then move on.

Edited by stevoman
Yep, thats the one FatherMojo, Ill get some more pics in the morning.... when my Barfine goes.... Oh, and with a place like this you dont mind taking a Barfine like this back..... worth every penny to see the look on her face when she sees the room.

post-25039-1292877567.jpg

Do they do a MONTHLY rate, if so would you kindly ask how much? Thanks :rolleyes:

I asked about the monthly rate and they quoted me 27,000 Bht for the delux superior.... thats the one I have !! You may be able to chip them down a little, but I saw the booking list at reception and they are getting booked up about a month ahead already.

Here are a few more shots from the reception area.

post-25039-1292935000.jpg

post-25039-1292934979.jpg

post-25039-1292934952.jpg

post-25039-1292934924.jpg

Yes i saw work was almost complete last March 2010, Any information for on-line booking will be great appreciated

101 more days until wheels up

I asked about the monthly rate and they quoted me 27,000 Bht for the delux superior.... thats the one I have !! You may be able to chip them down a little, but I saw the booking list at reception and they are getting booked up about a month ahead already.

Here are a few more shots from the reception area.

post-25039-1292935000.jpg

post-25039-1292934979.jpg

post-25039-1292934952.jpg

post-25039-1292934924.jpg

Thanks for the enquiry but at 27,000 bht not for me Ronnie! Must be Thai owned so don't believe their books! For less than that sort of money FAR superior value can be had, eg, BJ Lodge,R-Con and even a Condo in V/T6 through "Dancewatcher"!

Edited by stevoman
Thanks for the enquiry but at 27,000 bht not for me Ronnie! Must be Thai owned so don't believe their books! For less than that sort of money FAR superior value can be had, eg, BJ Lodge,R-Con and even a Condo in V/T6 through "Dancewatcher"!

2400 @ BJ Lodge, but cash only or 5% surcharge.

In all fairness the 27 K was for the delux superior room. Also when dealing with monthly rates one must make sure they're not comparing apples with oranges. Some rates everthing is included in that you get daily housekkeping, complimentary bottled water, electric and water. While others monthly rates you get reduced level of housekkeping or none at all. Your paying for bottled water and even toilet paper. Your also paying to clean your bedding and towels. The biggest cost will be your water and electric useage. I knew one guy that liked his room cool and when he got his monthly bill it was over 7k.

In all fairness the 27 K was for the delux superior room. Also when dealing with monthly rates one must make sure they're not comparing apples with oranges. Some rates everthing is included in that you get daily housekkeping, complimentary bottled water, electric and water. While others monthly rates you get reduced level of housekkeping or none at all. Your paying for bottled water and even toilet paper. Your also paying to clean your bedding and towels. The biggest cost will be your water and electric useage. I knew one guy that liked his room cool and when he got his monthly bill it was over 7k.

Very true...... the 27000Bht Rate is all in.... and I am talking CLASS. But each to their own..... you pay your money, you take your choice, and cut your cloth accordingly !!!

Here are a few roof top pool pics..... Oh and the pool has a Jacuzi in the corner as well !!!

post-25039-1293027208.jpg

post-25039-1293027270.jpg

Edited by Frogster

I appreciate where your coming from Emil and understand your points raised. However simply calling it a "Delux Superior Room" means absolutely nothing, and going by the pics posted (thank you Frogster) to me it appears very utility and not what I term as delux or even near it, nowhere approaching the class of furnishings at the "Rockhouse", in their far bigger room at a lot cheaper all in price, to name yet another place!

In July/Aug when I was at the R-Con my Electric/ water was 2850 for the Month and believe me I didnt economise. The bottled water + Toilet paper is really a non entity!I have NEVER stayed in any place over many years when I have paid 12000 bht Monthly and had to pay for my cleaning or bedding/towels to be changed FREE at least twice a week.

I have nothing against D-Apartments at all they just seem very overpriced especially for the location and quality.

I appreciate where your coming from Emil and understand your points raised. However simply calling it a "Delux Superior Room" means absolutely nothing, and going by the pics posted (thank you Frogster) to me it appears very utility and not what I term as delux or even near it, nowhere approaching the class of furnishings at the "Rockhouse", in their far bigger room at a lot cheaper all in price, to name yet another place!

In July/Aug when I was at the R-Con my Electric/ water was 2850 for the Month and believe me I didnt economise. The bottled water + Toilet paper is really a non entity!I have NEVER stayed in any place over many years when I have paid 12000 bht Monthly and had to pay for my cleaning or bedding/towels to be changed FREE at least twice a week.

I have nothing against D-Apartments at all they just seem very overpriced especially for the location and quality.

I certainly wasn't trying to hype the place, just pointing out that they might have other types of rooms at a lower price. Also for other BMs who are not familiar with the monthly rate charges of hotels in Pattaya and what is included in the price as they are not the same. Certainly for you and even me the electric charge is not much of an issue. The place where I mentioned that someone had an electric bill over 7K for a month I stayed at the same place for over 2 years and my average was only 800 baht a month. I'm from the Sacramento Valley were temps can reach 110 in the summer while the other guy was from San Francisco and when they have temps in the mid 80's they complain about a heat wave, so for some of us the electric charge is not an issue and for others its important. Also changing bedding and towels often isn't as important for those with a TGF as it is with a guy who brings back a different TG each night.

It's the OPs first trip. Good of him to post a hotel review, but he can't compare other Pattaya hotels or GHs.

So, a deluxe is 1200 a night and a standard is 1k. Is that right? Doesn't look worth 2500 a night as the OP thought, imho. Not sure about any of it until we hear accurate , relevent rooms prices.

:thumbup

It's the OPs first trip. Good of him to post a hotel review, but he can't compare other Pattaya hotels or GHs.

So, a deluxe is 1200 a night and a standard is 1k. Is that right? Doesn't look worth 2500 a night as the OP thought, imho. Not sure about any of it until we hear accurate , relevent rooms prices.

You are correct, I was quoted 1200 Bht for a Delux Superior Room per night or 27000 Bht per month, 1000 Bht for a slightly smaller room ( didnt ask the monthly rate for this),

To also confirm.... Yes, this is my first trip, and I only have experience of one other hotel to compare this Hotel with (the Diana Inn :clap1 ).

My point was not to sell D Apartment, but was to try and give to the forum information about a new Hotel that has not been listed with some details and pictures for members to be able to see, I'm only trying to help !!!.

IMHO, I am very happy with what I have found, and happy with the price I am paying, I guess I am a little lucky as for me price is not really an issue..... Obviously I like value for money, but it is not the first and only thing that drives me.

Comfort, service, attitude, staff friendliness, security, etc, all play an important part...

To clarify, I did not say that it was worth 2500 Bht by comparison to other places in Pattaya, What I said was that I would be happy to pay 2500 Bht per night for everything that I am getting from this hotel.... But I accept that we are not all the same (Thank God).

(Topic Diversion) I was going to post a trip report with some pics etc.... But I feel that would also spark a Pro/Con debate about Bar Girls Vs GoGo Girls etc, so I think I may give that a miss this time....

To summerise, lets just say..... I am not a Mini Driver more of a Rolls Royce type of guy.... (true, all cars willl get you from A to B.... I like quality and comfort, it may not be everybodies way... but for me.... this is the way I travel).... this holds true for my accomodation and the standard of my BF.... so far I am very happy with the ride. :clap1

Edited by Frogster