Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Arriving Late in Ba,ngkok, What Best to Do?

First time visiting Pattaya, and my flight lands at 11pm on Jan 11th. I have been reading on the forum the ways to get from the airport to Pattaya, which are Bell bus, regular bus, and taxiis.

Are the buses running this late?

I would rather go on to Pattaya, but would it be better to spend the night in Bangkok (any cheap hotel recommendations)?

What would be best to do?

First time visiting Pattaya, and my flight lands at 11pm on Jan 11th. I have been reading on the forum the ways to get from the airport to Pattaya, which are Bell bus, regular bus, and taxiis.

I would rather go on to Pattaya, but would it be better to spend the night in Bangkok (any cheap hotel recommendations)?

Most of the guys here will probably tell you to head straight to Pattaya via taxi.

Usually, I like to stay in Bangkok for a few days to have some fun there and so that I can recuperate from the flight. Then, I go to Pattaya. I guess it might depend, though, on how long you plan on being in Thailand. I'm usually there for months at a time, so a few days doesn't matter much one way or the other.

Personally I don't care for BKK but if you've never been, you may want to experience it.

If you choose to go to Pattaya and have the money for a taxi, based on your arrival time of 11pm you can most likely be in Pattaya no later than 2am. Still plenty of action available at that time.

If this is your first trip to Thailand, you might not know that traveling to Bangkok from the airport is more or less the opposite way of Pattaya. If you hit horrible city traffic it could end up taking just as long to get from the airport to Bangkok as it does from the airport to Pattaya. Unlikely at that time of night, but...

Also, you will end up making your trip to Pattaya that much longer the next day. The bars in Pattaya tend to be open later than Bangkok.

I don't think you will be able to catch a bus at that time. If memory serves me, they stop before midnight. Just get a taxi to Pattaya, or better yet, if it's your first trip and you don't want to deal with a lost taxi driver in Pattaya that does not speak English, just swallow the extra expense and have your hotel send a car for you.

Nothing worse than trying to communicate in Thaiglishsignlanguage with a lost taxi driver at 1 a.m. after a long flight. Don't ask me how I know.

Get a taxi from the stand directly to Pattaya.....

If this is your first trip to Thailand, you might not know that traveling to Bangkok from the airport is more or less the opposite way of Pattaya. If you hit horrible city traffic it could end up taking just as long to get from the airport to Bangkok as it does from the airport to Pattaya. Unlikely at that time of night, but...

Also, you will end up making your trip to Pattaya that much longer the next day. The bars in Pattaya tend to be open later than Bangkok.

Thats my opinion as well

Ill also add , nana closes at 1.00pm and you need to have some idea where to go afrer that , unlike pattaya where youll have no problems finding bars open all night

Edited by nus01

Unless you can party from the time you land til 1100am, you'll need a room. If you are staying in Pattaya then go straight there. You land at 1100p means youll get through customs and have your bags around 1230am to 130am. "Bell bus" I think you mean baht bus...... are only found in pattaya. From the airport you can get a regular bus to pattaya but they will drop you off somewhere away from your hotel but they might not work at that time of the night. best to Look around the taxi area and start asking males who's headed to Pattaya. Share the taxi or just go solo for around 1200 baht. If you tell the taxi drive you have no hotel he will take you to one that will tip him or shall I say "YOU" tip him. Hopefully you already have a hotel. IF not then tell him to take you to soi 8 and your hotel is SUnshine hotel. 40 dollars for their cheap room. If you dont like it there, you can find other hotels on that street but wait for the taxi driver to leave. By now the time will be 245am give or take. You have two choices, check in now and pay 40 bucks for a room you spend very little time in or 2, tell them you what a morning check in, leave your bags and head down to Walking street. To find walking street just walk back to the ocean and you can get a "baht bus" for 10 baht to take you. The Baht Bus looks like a Small truck with people sitting in the back facing each other. Just wave one down, jump on, and when you see the big sign that says WALKING STREET, pull the string and the driver will stop. Now you can pay the driver the 10 baht. Now you can start to party. Before you know it, it will be morning. If you do find a girl you can "short time" her at her place of work. For "long Time", you will need your hotel room. In Mexico, a girl took me to her apartment for Long time. Ive never heard of it happening to a first timer but never say never in Thailand.Up to you.

Edited by Al_Davis
  • 2 weeks later...
contact mr. toom - toom39@msn.com and he will have a car and driver waiting for you. less than 2 hours later you will be at your hotel in Pattaya and plenty of time for action. Good luck.

C'mon! First time in Bangkok? You MUST go to the Nana Plaza and experience all that first! Many say otherwise, but Bangkok has some extroadinary looking ladies. The prices are certainly much higher but what's a few baht more when you're on your first trip to LOS. My suggestion is stay in Bangkok for 2-3 days. Take a trip up the river, floating gardens, etc.. Then trek down to Pattaya for some good slumming!

C'mon! First time in Bangkok? You MUST go to the Nana Plaza and experience all that first! Many say otherwise, but Bangkok has some extroadinary looking ladies. The prices are certainly much higher but what's a few baht more when you're on your first trip to LOS. My suggestion is stay in Bangkok for 2-3 days. Take a trip up the river, floating gardens, etc.. Then trek down to Pattaya for some good slumming!

I agree BKK is well worth a couple of days sightseeing. Check out www. majesticsuites.com Small rooms but around the corner from Nana Plaza. Nana Hotel is also there. Good place to stay. www.bkktonite.com is a good forum for up to date info on BKK.