Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Death of a Shopping Mall: A Rant

Yes, my sentiments exactly. I loved the old rice-barn Ventiane. Who gives a shit if a mall goes down?

I agree, but the Vientiane isn't coming back, not in that location anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm amazed that no one has mentioned California Wow and their sales people out front that attack you as you go by, and refuse to go away. Who would buy a gym membership from a lady boy, or a queer an

I'm amazed that no one has mentioned California Wow and their sales people out front that attack you as you go by, and refuse to go away. Who would buy a gym membership from a lady boy, or a queer an

Posted Images

Well they have plenty of unleased space to accomodate them. I would rather see it located at the Avenue than its present location. Nice dinner and then a movie at the same location.

Nice dinner and then a movie at the same location.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that businesses at The Avenue needed a niche market. Your idea is a great one - a package deal of a meal with movie and/or bowling.

Yep, that's a great idea. That would chase away the McDee and Starbucks income. Then replace them with Club Blu style places with those big windows.

I hate walking through the vendors at night.

Nana has a Mac Doo right on the corner next to the petrol station. No need for it to go adios

There have been rumors that they were about to close at any time for years but they are like the Energiser Bunny, they just keep on going.

I always figure lifetime memberships specifically refer to the selling company's existence

Is the Vientiane restaurant still going not-so strong out there just off Pattaya Tai? Last time I went (on a Sunday) it was closed. I also saw a Vientiane restaurant on Soi Nerm Plab Wan as I drove down a feww days ago... is it affiliated? Edited by jacko

The real problem with the Avenue is the owners. The movie theater, California wow, and the mall are all owned by the same company. They really don't care about other business. The night market brings in foot traffic for the California wow people to run their sales pitch on. Anyone going to a movie, will just walk threw the market to the theater.

I said it once and I'll say it again... "Nana by the sea." G'teed success. The owners could set up the bars and require that all liquor purchases run through them. Just take 5 baht per can of beer and 30 baht per bottle of spirits and something from the draft sales. Easy as pie.

Or turn it into some type of wellness location with organic foods. As it is now, it will just look like the Made in Thailand complex or any other non-air conditioned place selling wares. Who wants to go shopping is the scorching heat.

FatherMojo

I said it once and I'll say it again... "Nana by the sea." G'teed success. The owners could set up the bars and require that all liquor purchases run through them. Just take 5 baht per can of beer and 30 baht per bottle of spirits and something from the draft sales. Easy as pie.

Or turn it into some type of wellness location with organic foods. As it is now, it will just look like the Made in Thailand complex or any other non-air conditioned place selling wares. Who wants to go shopping is the scorching heat.

FatherMojo

Already done. It's called WALKING STREET. Besides The Avenue is not by the sea. :whistling: