Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Home Run Bar and Grill Bangkok

Had someone eaten half your chips before this pic was taken
I don't like when restaurants stack the plate with fries and other stuff to try distracting you from the tiny main course. In this case the steak was nice and big; I don't even think I finished the fries. way2go.gif
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like when restaurants stack the plate with fries and other stuff to try distracting you from the tiny main course. In this case the steak was nice and big; I don't even think I finished the fries. way2go.gif

I agree.....fries are no good for you anyway....less fries more steak and salad = more beers!...lol

I agree.....fries are no good for you anyway....less fries more steak and salad = more beers!...lol
When you consider the many ways restaurants have of making it look like they've given you more food than they have, coming across a place that actually gives a good portion size of the main course is quite refreshing. way2go.gif

By the way people, "thedodger" turns out to be Pete/Poggle/Darkside, so his remarks should be considered in that light. I doubt he's even been to Thailand since HR opened in fact. Any mod who saw fit to remove his remarks from this thread would have my gratitude.

By the way people, "thedodger" turns out to be Pete/Poggle/Darkside, so his remarks should be considered in that light. I doubt he's even been to Thailand since HR opened in fact. Any mod who saw fit to remove his remarks from this thread would have my gratitude.

I'll do that. He loves to see himself in writing, and erasing it will probably give him a fit.

Agreed!

Will give it a try next time in Banggers.

I did think Pete has been here right after we opened, although it bizzare that neither Big leg nor myself would be in da house so ya never know. He did send me a note saying he was sorry he missed me when he came in etc....

Pete is entitled to his opinion...for sure when it comes to food, value, and what constitutes value we have severely different opinions. Pete still thinks I am nuts for paying 450 baht for a fish n chips at one of the best places for that dish here in bangers THE BLACK SWAN. My short review on that on PL about a year ago nearly led to ww111...me paying 450 baht for a fish and chips because on Fridays only they fly in FRESH NORTH SEA COD, well Pete thought I was out of my mind, stupidest person in the world to believe the cod could be fresh not frozen and direct from the North Sea. In his eyes I was an ignorant fool, a LDOP, a pigeon etc etc...I guess the fact I have worked in the business pretty much my whole life, even lived in Scotland for a year so I know what North Sea Cod is, have flown in fresh maine Lobsters to Asia on many ocassions, been to the biggest fish markets in the world, been on some of the biggest fishing trawlers in the world....and he had never been to the BLACK SWAN, he knew better than me.

Anyway, Pete, like all of us have our good points and our bad points. Personally nothing he said about his visit offended me. To be frank, although I have a soft spot for ole Pete, I surely didn't build this joint with him in mind and had any expectation that he would find value here if he ever came....it isn't for everyone that is for sure! Now what makes me think maybe Pete didn't come in, (besides the fact that neither Big Leg, my wife, nor myself were here, which to my knowledge has never happenned,..ie all 3 of us being gone at same time) is if he was here he would already know that burger is served on a 16 inch platter so it might dwarf the food..... The fry portion is standard if not over sized, they are real IDAHO POTATOES, and the plate cost on them is more than the SELL COST of 99% of anyone selling fries in Bangers. Not only that but 75% of all plates with the fries going out come back with a few fries still on it. And it isn't because they don't like the spiced jacket fries, it is the portion is maybe a bit to big. One jacket fry with skin on is the volume of about 4 normal fries.

I bet Pete loves the crinkle cut fries you can find at the discount stores freezer section. Swathed in shite low grade ketsup...The entire 2 kg bag cost less than 2 servings of our fries...different strokes for different folks.

Now don't get me wrong, just cuz Pete and I have different tastes in food doesn't make him a monster, nor me a good person....what is the old saying....one man's garbage is another man's filet mignon........

gotta say I just now read battle and arguments....I know Alex Mulph and Pete have a hard on for each other, but crap, that stuff he wrote to Alex is way out of line....that is the stuff of monsters! Alex surely has more restraint than I.....someone can wish me dead all they want, but fabricating shite about my wife, making comments about ones infant child....MONSTEROUS. Saying truths is one thing, even if it is damaging to ones character, after all it is the truth ...but when you step out of bounds with fabrications...YIKES!

...Now don't get me wrong, just cuz Pete and I have different tastes in food doesn't make him a monster, nor me a good person....what is the old saying....one man's garbage is another man's filet mignon........
Agree Ron. It's too bad Pete's board persona isn't more like his real-life personality. Of course, the same could be said about me... :rolleyes:

That's this thread well fucked!

I thought it was about foods not feuds.

I stay on soi 31 or soi 33 when in Bangkok and this is just a short walk from there. I usually spend time at the bar of an acquaintance on soi 33 but on my next trip I will check this place out also.

Thanks for the heads-up!

:whistling:

I stay on soi 31 or soi 33 when in Bangkok and this is just a short walk from there. I usually spend time at the bar of an acquaintance on soi 33 but on my next trip I will check this place out also.

Thanks for the heads-up!

:chogdee

Great! Hope you enjoy. Please let us know your impressions. :wtf
I'm sure Ron will be by shortly to answer this. :wtf

no it mean the cows are fed for 500 days prior to slaughter and the grain is a LONG GRAIN not a short grain or grass.

500 days is about as long as you can get....a great deal of costs to the cattle farms is in feeding and tending to the cows so the longer they stick around the more it costs. Some Wagyu might be 300 days, but to get the MBS (marbling score grade) of above 5/6 it normally takes 500 days to get that cow fat and lazy. Thus the high cost of the meat to start with.

Thanks Stargazer, so what's the charge for the steaks in this 2-for-1 promotion? (Apologies if it was mentioned earlier)

And is the meat from Oz or Japan?

The wagyu I get here in Tokyo is normally fed on a strict diet of Sapporo Beer, some Hakaisan sake, and the odd few grains of grass! :wtf

Thanks Stargazer, so what's the charge for the steaks in this 2-for-1 promotion? (Apologies if it was mentioned earlier)

And is the meat from Oz or Japan?

The wagyu I get here in Tokyo is normally fed on a strict diet of Sapporo Beer, some Hakaisan sake, and the odd few grains of grass! :chogdee

1400 bht for 2!