Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 343 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

EVA London - Bangkok Apr/May £522

Hi

Just booked for a 4 week trip, departing UK end of April, for £522 all in, with Netflights. Went through Quidco, so will get £5 cashback too ... every little helps!

A month ago Eva were doing my dates for £540, but it took my boss 2 weeks to approve my leave and the price went up by £150! :clueless

Been checking everyday since waiting for the price to drop again. Almost booked the BA deal tonight for £580 ... but did the rounds and came across this deal .... booked straight away! SWEET! :grin

:moon

Spud

I booked EVA for Apr to May for 539. This was about a month ago and I thought the price would go up with VAT increases in the new year. Also with all the bank holidays in apr & may I expected high demand hence prices! Never flow EVA before so hope they are ok!

I booked EVA for Apr to May for 539. This was about a month ago and I thought the price would go up with VAT increases in the new year. Also with all the bank holidays in apr & may I expected high demand hence prices! Never flow EVA before so hope they are ok!

EVA are fine ... normally fly with them these days.

The Bank holidays are great this year .. saving me 4 days annual leave :allright

:clueless

Spud

Why?

Because I think BA are at least GBP 60 better than EVA. (Until the staff strike and leave you ..... etc. etc.)

By the same token I wouldnt fly with Air India or several other airlines I could mention for GBP 100 less than EVA.

EVA are fine ... normally fly with them these days.

The Bank holidays are great this year .. saving me 4 days annual leave :thumbup

:chogdee

Spud

Agree, EVA fine and cute flight attendants. :chogdee

There is no V.A.T on Air Travel

There is no V.A.T on Air Travel

I'm so used to the government adding VAT on most purchases to further deplete my already taxed income that I assumed the taxes and charges quoted included VAT. Thanks for putting me right.

Glad to hear positive experiences of EVA I normally fly Thai but their prices are too high at the moment.

My experiences of Thai is great service, good food, nil entertainment but i normally fly overnight so no entertainment is ok for me.

I flew Thai from Heathrow in December for 3 weeks over Xmas & New Year, was expensive but being peak period I bit the bullet at £850 ish. Was very impessed with the flight, food, attendands, etc. No delays and smooth as silk. Add £90 parking, £60 overnight hotel before the flight and it adds up.

Just booked another trip in March for 4 weeks, Flying Emirates this time from Manchester Via Dubai - short connections of 1.5 Hrs at Dubai. The Flight was £445 + £100 Tax (Total £545) not bad I think. No parking required (£20 Taxi), no overnight hotel, quids in..... Just Hope Emirates are good!!

9 weeks 5 days and counting.

Just booked EVA Amsterdam -bangkok Euro 717 for june/july they now fly 777s instead of the old 747s

that swung it for me,now lets hope they don't cancel.

Because I think BA are at least GBP 60 better than EVA. (Until the staff strike and leave you ..... etc. etc.)

By the same token I wouldnt fly with Air India or several other airlines I could mention for GBP 100 less than EVA.

No way Jose! Flown with EVA many times and IMHO way better than BA or Thai

Has anyone done Premium economy with EVA? Is it worth the extra money?
Have done it a few times,if its £150 extra return over the economy price i'll pay it but i wouldnt pay much more than that.

Extra leg room,quicker disembarkation,laptop power point but same entertainment and food i think.

I hate to depress you guys, but it is my turn on the 26/1 :chogdee

I have just looked on netflights and the fares are £321+189 tax=£510 Eva economy

.......................................................................£546+260 tax= £806 Eva Elite (P E)

And also Thai Airways........................................£357+233 tax= £590 Thai economy

These fares are for returning 17/2 and show just how much extra we have to pay for tax etc, quite how Eva and Thai are different by £44 on tax who knows.

This trip I have had a freebie with my miles, so it has only cost me £260 for Elite :thumbup better than paying the full £806 though.

Have done it a few times,if its £150 extra return over the economy price i'll pay it but i wouldnt pay much more than that.

Extra leg room,quicker disembarkation,laptop power point but same entertainment and food i think.

The seats are also wider (2-4-2 vs 3-3-3) and recline a lot more. Coming from the US (a lot longer trip from the east coast) it is a great value because you can sleep much better allowing you to hit the ground running. It really is better (or at least as good) as our domestic first class.