Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What American Type Food Available?

Some posters missed the point that I am living in the Philippines. I am NOT coming from the States. Sorry, I miss American type food, even the food from the fast food places.

I wasn't criticizing what others eat; so, why criticize what I like to eat.

I have never understood why some people like to attack the Poster. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

BTW, being from Texas, I love Tex-Mex food. Someone mentioned tex-mex places. Please tell me the names and locations.

I gotta laugh, I've been to most of the countries where our fellow BM live and the number of American fast food chains in their country would make your head spin. :allright

I like the Great American Rib Company in Jomtien for St Louis style ribs. Since your from Texas give the Pattaya Tex-Mex joints a miss.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't really care what you eat, some members here just get a thrill out of taking a stab at an American. Ignore them....not worth responding to

Pathetic to want food from home? Are you serious? I call it comfort food. I often have breakfast at Tigglebitties, it being the only place in Pattaya to have a real American breakfast. Mikes is go

Posted Images

I gotta laugh, I've been to most of the countries where our fellow BM live and the number of American fast food chains in their country would make your head spin. :allright

I like the Great American Rib Company in Jomtien for St Louis style ribs. Since your from Texas give the Pattaya Tex-Mex joints a miss.

BIGD; I have to disagree with you and your comment about giving the Tex-Mex joints a miss. Mike's Mexican in Jomtien has great Tex-Mex and is on par with any I have had in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona. It is filling and tastes as good as anything I have had here in the states.

BIGD; I have to disagree with you and your comment about giving the Tex-Mex joints a miss. Mike's Mexican in Jomtien has great Tex-Mex and is on par with any I have had in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona. It is filling and tastes as good as anything I have had here in the states.

/Agreed 100% - Mikes is very good!

I've never been to Mike's but I will give them a try when I'm Pattaya next March. :thumbup

I've never been to Mike's but I will give them a try when I'm Pattaya next March. :thumbup

Then why are you making recommendations based on your obviously limited and out of date information?

I swear, you are a hazard to newbies.

Soi unwise---

Bigd told the OP to avoid tex mex restaurants in Pattaya without ever having set foot in either of the two best in town... okay they are in Jomtien, but still...

You may have missed where I said in Pattaya and yes, I've eaten in all the Tex-Mex restaurants in Pattaya and it's my opinion that they don't serve good Tex-Mex food. FYI, I've been to Pattaya within the last 12 months. My info may not be as up to date as yours but it is reasonably current.

Edited by BigDUSA
dont cast me in that role i just think it's pathetic to live overseas and hanker for home food, for most its called growing up.

How are the burgers.....?

It was a while ago i admit.

It will need some good advertising and people with a lot of money if it is to be a local, but then tehres many rich people in bangers

i did ask for it well done but the burger was so thick(to be the required weight asnd fit on the bap) that coking it through to my liking could only have been done if it was put in an oven. like i said, get bigger baps and make the burgers flatter and they will also be easier to eat.

The Cafe New Orleans and Tequila Reef may suit you better.

The Great American Rib Co....

Lunchtime, can't beat a Subway 1 footer.

Not much of a McMuck/BK/ or KFC fan but variety is the spice of life.....

I've never been to Mike's but I will give them a try when I'm Pattaya next March. :whistling:

But he said Mike's was in Jomtien.

You may have missed where I said in Pattaya and yes, I've eaten in all the Tex-Mex restaurants in Pattaya and it's my opinion that they don't serve good Tex-Mex food.

But then, Mike's website says it is in Pattaya. It's just south of the RG.

MIKES.png

It's been in roughly the same location for years...in Pattaya or Jomtien. He moved a couple of hundred feet a few years ago.

Very good...you should try it.

But he said Mike's was in Jomtien.

But then, Mike's website says it is in Pattaya. It's just south of the RG.

MIKES.png

It's been in roughly the same location for years...in Pattaya or Jomtien. He moved a couple of hundred feet a few years ago.

Very good...you should try it.

The map on the website shows it's location in Jomtiem. I enjoy good Mexican food and will give them a try next time I'm in Pattaya.

The map on the website shows it's location in Jomtiem. I enjoy good Mexican food and will give them a try next time I'm in Pattaya.

You can order it from door2door service aka "room service" as you call it :allright

dont cast me in that role i just think it's pathetic to live overseas and hanker for home food, for most its called growing up.

Pathetic to want food from home? Are you serious? I call it comfort food. I often have breakfast at Tigglebitties, it being the only place in Pattaya to have a real American breakfast. Mikes is good also, I'd eat there more often if they had some Thai food on the menu for the girlfriend. The Saturday BBQ at Kinnaree is good as well. Americans have little offered to them in Pattaya, in the way of food. You Brits can find food all over Pattaya. By your way of thinking, there must be a whole lot of pathetic Brits in town eating all that food.

• Downvote 1

"New Mexican" food is a combination of Mexican and Pueblo Indian cuisine and is not comparable.

Not forgetting

AW

Mister Donut

and various local copies of American chains.

All pretty dire and well over-priced, except the Sizzler salad bar which I quite like and which doesn't taste at all American. I never have the main courses though.

the salad bar is about the only thing i order there. Good food though from what i hear.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless they just moved, they are closed down. Tried going a couple times a couple weeks ago and they were closed up tight. :/

Frosty

I just ate at Subs N Suds yesterday, and they are open. They've gone from a 24 hour operation to opening at 8am and closing at 3am.

For the OP, here is a report on Subs N Suds http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...497&hl=suds you might find useful.

I just ate at Subs N Suds yesterday, and they are open. They've gone from a 24 hour operation to opening at 8am and closing at 3am.

For the OP, here is a report on Subs N Suds http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...497&hl=suds you might find useful.

I'm gonna head down there in a bit to have lunch. Glad to hear they are not closed... tho I dont know how I missed them when I looked a while back. I might have been drunk the first time... but not the second! And I dont think it was after 3am... but I guess it might have been lol.

I'm gonna head down there in a bit to have lunch. Glad to hear they are not closed... tho I dont know how I missed them when I looked a while back. I might have been drunk the first time... but not the second! And I dont think it was after 3am... but I guess it might have been lol.

Give them a call at 038 414 280 to make sure they are open.

Give them a call at 038 414 280 to make sure they are open.

They were open.

No idea how I missed them before. Its in the same place I remember... but I swear they were closed about a month back 2 days in a row. They deny it... but I wonder if they were closed for some reason and just dont want to say. :/

My limited experience with american food is that there always seems to be a big meat feast,very fattening too.Mexican food is far nicer for me,and thai number one cos not as much meat,plenty of fish and plenty veggies too

My limited experience with american food is that there always seems to be a big meat feast,very fattening too.Mexican food is far nicer for me,and thai number one cos not as much meat,plenty of fish and plenty veggies too

One thing your right about is being limited on experience, last time I had Mexican food it was either deep fried or loaded with cheese. Thai food is not as healthy as most farangs seem to think!

One thing your right about is being limited on experience, last time I had Mexican food it was either deep fried or loaded with cheese. Thai food is not as healthy as most farangs seem to think!

What many Americans call mexican is no where near the authentic. Ever seen a hard taco shell in Mexico?

As for thaifood vs western food in healthy compare, thaifood wins hands down. Why?

- Veggie meat ratio

- Cooking in oil, better fats that hard fats used in western cooking

- Thais don't overcook veggies, so they still have vitamines and minerals

What many Americans call mexican is no where near the authentic. Ever seen a hard taco shell in Mexico?

As for thaifood vs western food in healthy compare, thaifood wins hands down. Why?

- Veggie meat ratio

- Cooking in oil, better fats that hard fats used in western cooking

- Thais don't overcook veggies, so they still have vitamines and minerals

I was born and raised just outside San Diego, Ca and I'm pretty good at knowing authentic Mexican food, a lot of Mexican food is deep fried. True the street taco's are mostly soft shell tortillas but taco's are only a small part of Mexican food. I can tell you that Thai food is not that healthy.....Trust me I know....I'm married to a Thai and she runs her own Thai restaurant. For being healthy I can tell you we go through a lot of oil, sugar and other items that would make you rethink your opinion. It may be better than other types of food but for being healthy????.......not so sure! and who in the States use hard fats for cooking? maybe 30 years ago......I can't remember the last time anyone in my family bought a can of lard.....except maybe when they were cooking Mexican food! B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Plenty of americans come to pattaya and mmange to keep up their 6,000,000 calorie a day diet

Macdonalds

Pizza hut

Subway

Sizzler

KFC

Burger King

Wendys

are all here plus no shortage of Tex mex restaurants or places that will serve you meat ,fries and coke

Nothing worng with subway! it's the other stuff I don't eat with the exception of maybe Pizza hut. MacDonalds is over rated, sizzler is to pricey, KFC has decent wings, and Screw the other 2 places.