Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Am considering getting another puppy.... we already have one, but he needs a friend :)

Where around Pattaya is the best place to find a decent variety of healthy puppies to look over? Havn't decided on a breed yet... but likely something small to medium sized, and preferably smart. I hate stupid dogs :)

I saw Mirkwoods post on Chatuchak market... and may go there is no local places are up to scratch.

Frosty

Frosty, if you see a German Shepard while looking, let me know.

• Downvote 1
Am considering getting another puppy.... we already have one, but he needs a friend :)

Where around Pattaya is the best place to find a decent variety of healthy puppies to look over? Havn't decided on a breed yet... but likely something small to medium sized, and preferably smart. I hate stupid dogs :)

I saw Mirkwoods post on Chatuchak market... and may go there is no local places are up to scratch.

Frosty

In my opinion it is better to adopt a dog. Considering the dishonest breeders you will probably be better off with a street bred dog.

Puppies at Care For Dogs

At any given time we can have several new mums and pups at the shelter. If you think you could provide a loving forever home for either call us now English (08 47 52 52 55) or Thai language (08 69 13 87 01)

EDIT - Added link;

http://www.carefordogs.org/

Edited by Gary
In my opinion it is better to adopt a dog. Considering the dishonest breeders you will probably be better off with a street bred dog.

Puppies at Care For Dogs

At any given time we can have several new mums and pups at the shelter. If you think you could provide a loving forever home for either call us now English (08 47 52 52 55) or Thai language (08 69 13 87 01)

EDIT - Added link;

http://www.carefordogs.org/

Your link is for a place in Chang Mai. That's a bit far to go for a dog.

• Downvote 1
Your link is for a place in Chang Mai. That's a bit far to go for a dog.

The search I did gave a location south of Pattaya on the beach side of Sukhumvit. I have never been there but it would certainly be worth a phone call to find out. Supposedly there is another shelter near the lake on the dark side. The web sites seem to forget that we need to know their locations.

We had a stray dog on our soi a few weeks ago,a cross bitch,she is the most amazing dog i have seen in Pattaya.Brilliant with kids and other dogs,and a thai family has taken her in,washes her every week,spotless clean.The bitch must have had an owner before,so she got lost or got thrown out,but she is truly beautiful.I reckon she is about 3 years old and a lovely bitch

We had a stray dog on our soi a few weeks ago,a cross bitch,she is the most amazing dog i have seen in Pattaya.Brilliant with kids and other dogs,and a thai family has taken her in,washes her every week,spotless clean.The bitch must have had an owner before,so she got lost or got thrown out,but she is truly beautiful.I reckon she is about 3 years old and a lovely bitch
There is a dalmation runs around near where I live. Quite obviously a discarded pet being such a pedigree.

And therein lies the problem, they seem to get abandoned too much here and frequently become mangy, and possibly feral, a danger to kids and motorcyclists alike.

From Thai Visa;

I read in one of the Pattaya newspapers there is a new "Canine Sanctuary" in Lake Mabprachan. But the article didn't give any address, directions, contact info. Does anyone know where it is, with good directions how to get there? Would love to help support something like this.

Answer from Thai Visa;

Its owned by a very good friends of mine Derek and Malee. It has been there 4 years, and is to be found in Tambon Pong, about 100 metres from Mulligans Bar. He has around 80 dogs and a few cats, all very well cared for , all strays who would have otherwise most likely died. Some really beautiful animals and potential pets there.

They are a lovley couple and Im sure any donations would be great appreciated. His vets bill alone frightens the hel_l out of me !!

numbers 0895057021 and 0810021957

Frosty

It is not entirely successful to allow two puppies grow up together at the same time, they will be marked too much on each other for my taste. But, of course it depends on whether you want a dog or a piece of jewelry.

:allright (trained service dogs for 30 years now lol)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shit.

I didn't see this post Frosty.

Mate, I would love to help you with this. We have become well known animal lovers here. I know a lady (falang) in Chonburi that has a Thai Bangkeaw that needs a home. He's nice.

If you are after a puppy I could save you a lot of heartache. What type of dog are you after?

Frosty

You can try the Chatuchak market at Bangsaen. It's right on Sukky road just up a little ways past the stop light at Galaxy, where you turn to head to the beach. I have bought many puppies there, and there is a pretty good selection.

What I have bought from there:

Pit Bull Terrier

Siberian Husky

Chiquawa (sp?)

Shitsu (sp?)

Shit.

Mate, I would love to help you with this. We have become well known animal lovers here. I know a lady (falang) in Chonburi that has a Thai Bangkeaw that needs a home. He's nice.

If you are after a puppy I could save you a lot of heartache. What type of dog are you after?

Well... I had my mind set on a Jack Russel. Smart, small and faithful :)

We couldnt find one tho, so the GF opted for a fluffball. They say its a PomPom, but I have my doubts. Cute little bastard tho...

We got it about a month ago now... had its first shots, and so far so good. :)

Frosty

Shit.

I wish you would have seen it also. Frosty and our GF's went to Chatuchak market after checking out the local pet shops, Soi Buckaow market, and ThepPrasit market. As he said, he was looking for a Jack Russell, and I was looking for a German Shepard. We both walked out with different dogs than we were looking for. There were a lot of sick looking lethargic puppies there. However we found a couple that looked playful and happy.

The next morning we took them to the vet assuming they haven't had puppy shots yet. We had only found one seller that supplied puppy shot records with the puppies. We went to two different vets, and were told the same thing. "If the dog is still alive in a week, bring it back for shots" I did get him to give the puppy medication for worms. Yesterday we went for the second set of puppy shots. The puppy seems health and happy, though damn hard headed. It's still up in the air as to whether I train it, or it trains me to let it do what ever it wants. He is a Thai Bangkeaw, a breed I knew nothing about before taking it home. I had to do a google search when I got home with it. I just liked it's coloring and was tired of looking for a puppy. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are good guard dogs, and that Thai's are scared of them. After all, he will be my security system.

• Downvote 1