Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I've just watched a rather worrying TV programme about HPV-related oral cancers in men. Apparently this is something that is rising very rapidly.

In the UK, young girls (c14 year old) have been given HPV vaccinations to safeguard them against HPV-related cervical cancer, but this government programme is not extended to the boys. It seems that when the vaccination programme was started a couple of years ago, there wasn't as much knowledge as there is now about the HPV risk to males.

The main way blokes get the virus is by giving oral sex.

The vaccine can be bought privately. It is a course of 3 shots over 6 months and costs about £3-400.

From this website, it seems the risk increases with age - 60 to 70 year olds being more vulnerable than younger age groups.

http://www.suite101.com/content/std-facts-...-in-men-a240197

Edited by Bazle

The chances of getting mouth cancer from the cunt of an HPV infected woman are remote. There are over a hundred different types of HPV. Most sexually active women on this planet have several HPV varieties . HPV type 16 and 18 are the ones, which are responsible for 95% of mouth cancers. Even with a woman with type 16 or 18 it is unlikely to get mouth cancer, should you wish to lick pussy. Women should have a yearly thin pap smear test, to make sure early cervical cancer is detected in time to treat it. The chance for a man to get killed by a car whilst crossing Sukhumvit Road are a 100 times higher than getting mouth cancer from licking cunt. That was what I was told by my GP. Go and live life on the edge. :allright

How does your GP know what the chances of getting killed crossing Sukhumvit Road is. I'd change my GP to to someone whom is not a piss artist like the rest of the board members here.

Edited by DP Gumbypgh

I know nothing about the statistical odds of getting this disease. However, in seven years in pattaya I can honestly say that I would have gone down on almost every woman I have taken, probably many hundreds. Unless this infection shows no symptoms I would appear to be clean, so I will continue to enjoy "dining at the Y"

I know nothing about the statistical odds of getting this disease. However, in seven years in pattaya I can honestly say that I would have gone down on almost every woman I have taken, probably many hundreds. Unless this infection shows no symptoms I would appear to be clean, so I will continue to enjoy "dining at the Y"

couldn't agree more biggles, eating thai pussy is my favourite activity and i aint stopping, will be munching away in march again :clueless

al :allright

whats everyone's take on catching hiv from dinning at the Y,i believe its quite low?

My understanding is that saliva kills the hiv virus. So yeah, the chances of getting it that way are remote. But it might be possible if you have bleeding gums or some other sore in your mouth. Oh, just another interesting point on HPV and cervical cancer. If you have genital warts, having unprotected sex does not pose any additional risk of cervical cancer to your partner. The reason: the strain of HPV that causes genital warts is different from the strain that can cause cervical cancer. If someone has a different understanding of this please comment.

• 8 months later...

The chances of getting mouth cancer from the cunt of an HPV infected woman are remote. There are over a hundred different types of HPV. Most sexually active women on this planet have several HPV varieties . HPV type 16 and 18 are the ones, which are responsible for 95% of mouth cancers. Even with a woman with type 16 or 18 it is unlikely to get mouth cancer, should you wish to lick pussy. Women should have a yearly thin pap smear test, to make sure early cervical cancer is detected in time to treat it. The chance for a man to get killed by a car whilst crossing Sukhumvit Road are a 100 times higher than getting mouth cancer from licking cunt. That was what I was told by my GP. Go and live life on the edge. :allright

I'm not sure that is a good analogy, I avoid crossing Sukhumvit when ever possible. I can see it's extremely dangerous. I have to wonder though, if you crossed Sukhumvit several times a week, and there was a vaccine that would keep you safe while crossing,,, would you take it?

• Downvote 2

I've just watched a rather worrying TV programme about HPV-related oral cancers in men. Apparently this is something that is rising very rapidly.

In the UK, young girls (c14 year old) have been given HPV vaccinations to safeguard them against HPV-related cervical cancer, but this government programme is not extended to the boys. It seems that when the vaccination programme was started a couple of years ago, there wasn't as much knowledge as there is now about the HPV risk to males.

The main way blokes get the virus is by giving oral sex.

The vaccine can be bought privately. It is a course of 3 shots over 6 months and costs about £3-400.

From this website, it seems the risk increases with age - 60 to 70 year olds being more vulnerable than younger age groups.

http://www.suite101.com/content/std-facts-...-in-men-a240197

This is absolutely pathetic. You pussies are actually worrying about getting some kind of oral cancer from eating pussy? Get a fucking life!

Edited by peckerwood
  • Upvote 1

This is absolutely pathetic. You pussies are actually worrying about getting some kind of oral cancer from eating pussy? Get a fucking life!

Thank you. I think there are actually two threads on this. They're worse than vegetarians.

• Upvote 1

Thank you. I think there are actually two threads on this. They're worse than vegetarians.

Nothing wrong with dining on vegetarians , I like my meat corn fed ,

Joe

whats everyone's take on catching hiv from dinning at the Y,i believe its quite low?

according to my former Dr. who I trust, as long as you dont have any open cuts in your mouth at the time the dinning took place, your safe.

according to my former Dr. who I trust, as long as you dont have any open cuts in your mouth at the time the dinning took place, your safe.

I think that that advice relates to "regular" STIs. It does not take account of this recent theory that oral cancer is a risk.

You take medical advice from a Time Lord? :allright

He is a qualified medical Doctor too you know. :D

I assume you aren't kissing her either...

"Oral HPV infection is associated with HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer. Odds of oral HPV infection increases with the number of recent oral sex partners or open-mouthed kissing partners. Nonsexual oral infection through salivary or cross transmission is also plausible"

-Wikipedia

Well, I´ve got it. Two years ago I was diagnosted having a larynx cancer which turned out to be caused by HPV virus. Radiation was the treatment and it seemed to be ok for a year and half.

Last June it had recurred. I went through a large operation where parts of my larynx were removed. It has been very painful healing process that still goes on.My voice has gone and I only can whisper. Swallowing is very difficult since the food and drink tend to go into the windpipe.

I don´t wish anybody else to have to experience what I´ve been through so guys be careful out there.

Softrabbit

I was very sorry to read your post, and I hope you make good and speedy progress. I hope your post will help prevent BMs being complacent about this subject.

Here is a recent article from Bloomberg:

http://webfarm.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-03/oral-sex-may-cause-virus-linked-throat-cancer-in-men-study.html

Researchers examined 271 throat-tumor samples collected over 20 years ending in 2004 and found that the percentage of oral cancer linked to the human papillomavirus, or HPV, surged to 72 percent from about 16 percent, according to a report released yesterday in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. By 2020, the virus-linked throat tumors -- which mostly affected men -- will become more common than HPV-caused cervical cancer, the report found.