Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Etihad Deals - LHR to BKK

Etihad are currently selling seats from £449 return, Heathrow to Swampy, book before Jan 25th. I know the stopover in Abu Dhabi puts some people off, but it needn't be a long one depending on which times you go for. I've used them several times and have no problem recommending them - new planes, good entertainment and great food.

Edited by Wardrobe
Etihad are currently selling seats from £449 return, Heathrow to Swampy, book before Jan 25th. I know the stopover in Abu Dhabi puts some people off, but it needn't be a long one depending on which times you go for. I've used them several times and have no problem recommending them - new planes, good entertainment and great food.

Decent price but i would rather pay a bit extra for a direct flight.

I would usually say the same as a frequent flyer on EVA. But the difference at the best part of a £100 at the moment for my May dates it’s not a “bit” extra anymore.

I’ve had a look at these flights and the times and transfers are not to bad so will probably use them next trip. I don’t see any sub £500 flights that I used to get regularly coming back anytime soon.

I would usually say the same as a frequent flyer on EVA. But the difference at the best part of a £100 at the moment for my May dates it’s not a “bit” extra anymore.

I’ve had a look at these flights and the times and transfers are not to bad so will probably use them next trip. I don’t see any sub £500 flights that I used to get regularly coming back anytime soon.

Another BM pointed out a few days back that Etihad has converted its 777s to 10 across (rather than 9). Not worth the discomfort for the difference in price IMHO.

Emirates comes up cheapest for me for my next planned trip....... plus I have the choice of flying from Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow... :whistling:

By the time you add on the cost of me getting to London it works out just as cheap to fly from the north!!! :clueless

Emirates comes up cheapest for me for my next planned trip....... plus I have the choice of flying from Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow... :whistling:

By the time you add on the cost of me getting to London it works out just as cheap to fly from the north!!! :whistling:

Same for me..... booked another trip in March for 4 weeks duration, Flying Emirates this time from Manchester Via Dubai - short connections of 1.5 Hrs at Dubai. The Flight was £445 + £100 Tax (Total £545) not bad I think. No parking required (£20 Taxi), no overnight hotel, quids in..... Just Hope Emirates are good as Thai Airlines was last trip!!

Another BM pointed out a few days back that Etihad has converted its 777s to 10 across (rather than 9). Not worth the discomfort for the difference in price IMHO.

Same as EVA 3-4-3 I presume. Not a tall fat bastard so not a problem for me :whistling:

EVAare still 3-3-3 tho,aren't they?

Bloody hell your right…… :ang2 ……about a dozen flights over the past 4-5 years and I never really noticed. Though a few of those were in premium economy though (when I got a free upgrade)

EVAare still 3-3-3 tho,aren't they?

According to this the Eva 777s are 3-3-3 and again here Etihad is showing the same 3-3-3 for ordinany Economy.

Glyn.

Edited by GlynRhedyn
Same for me..... booked another trip in March for 4 weeks duration, Flying Emirates this time from Manchester Via Dubai - short connections of 1.5 Hrs at Dubai. The Flight was £445 + £100 Tax (Total £545) not bad I think. No parking required (£20 Taxi), no overnight hotel, quids in..... Just Hope Emirates are good as Thai Airlines was last trip!!

I've been coming up with £525 MAN-BKK with Emirates if you depart between Sunday and Thursday with prices slightly higher in Fri/Sat.... And A380 on both legs!!! Very competitive pricing and certainly cheaper for us northerners than traveling down to London to fly.

Guest Fatboyfat

For info the ETIHAD deal also covers Manchester departures (approx 2 hour stopover in Abu Dhabi both ways), but for £50 more. IE £499 inclusive of all taxes, cattle class return.

As has been said many times before, there is no such thing as a direct flight from anywhere in the UK other than Cockneyville and it's commutable surrounds, and Heathrow is a bloody awful stopover ! :hairout : So in fact these 1 stop flights are actually quicker in the long run.

I have been looking at Etihad for my next flight to bangkok for heathrow but what worries me is the 1hour 40 minutes at Abu Dhabi,

i don't think thats enough time in case a plane is late, they do say that 2hours 30 is what should be the minimum.

So would I on a 2 or 3 week trip, but if you are here for 6 months saving £250 for a 3 hour longer journey makes sense, Eithiad deals are for up to 6 months Eva and Thai want circa £700 for the same.

I have been looking at Etihad for my next flight to bangkok for heathrow but what worries me is the 1hour 40 minutes at Abu Dhabi,

i don't think thats enough time in case a plane is late, they do say that 2hours 30 is what should be the minimum.

Glyn you won't be alone, there will probably be about 30 people doing the same trip as you in transit back to UK. I think that's significant and they would hold the plane for the London leg. There will be a guy with a sign calling out 'transit' for everyone going to UK. I've never had a problem with Etihad, Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Jet, Kingfisher, Aeroflot

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My transit there went fine and if the airline schedules it, they aim to do it.

You perhaps are confusing these ME airports with shamblistic Heathrow whose staff strike every few days. :chogdee