Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flights waiting time ?

I'm flying Manchester (UK) to Bangkok the flight leave's at 09:00 am.One train gets me into Manchester airport 05:00 am giving me 4 hours before flight,the next train gets me into manchester airport at 06:29 am leaving me just 2:31 mins before take off. I'm not sure if thats enough time ?

surry, as Monty says, get there as soon as you can. You never know if the train will be late or any other things can go wrong.

You've probably looked forward to this for a long time, even if you were in bed you wouldn't be sleeping, you'd be thinking of all those Thai girls who'want take care you'

Have a great trip, and don't forget the report warts an all. :rolleyes:

I'm flying Manchester (UK) to Bangkok the flight leave's at 09:00 am.One train gets me into Manchester airport 05:00 am giving me 4 hours before flight,the next train gets me into manchester airport at 06:29 am leaving me just 2:31 mins before take off. I'm not sure if thats enough time ?

2 1/2 hours is more than enough time to get through check-in and security at Manchester. If you want to give yourself a bit more leeway try checking-in online then you only need to be at the baggage drop 90 mins before departure.

Have a good holiday.

TG

Take the earlier train then if it is late or delayed you have some time to play with.

I personally give myself plenty of time as I would hate to miss my flight to LOS

Personally I give myself plenty of time! I book a lounge in Heathrow anyway! As has been mentioned, trains get late/cancelled, roads get busy shut etc etc!

I mean! I wait for a bloody year! to go to Patts! so a few hours in the airport? Nothing! Just have a few drinks /read paper book /internet etc etc! Happy holidays!

Better been safe than sorry.....

On short trips to LOS I'll take my car down to the airport, but on longer trips I catch the train. I like to be there in time for check-in opening and sink a few drinks before heading to the gate.

Eva air use American Airlines as their handling agents at LHR, and they open about 4.5 hours before the flight.

Just right for me, get through all the stupid queues etc etc and then hit the lounge.

I will be slumming it at the Servisair lounge, only £15.

You can't trust the bloody trains these days..... nearly missed a flight last September due to some issue with power at the station. (Manchester too)

Go for the earlier one....

Eva air use American Airlines as their handling agents at LHR, and they open about 4.5 hours before the flight.

Just right for me, get through all the stupid queues etc etc and then hit the lounge.

Who do you book with to get the lounge for £15 ?

Do they offer free wifi?

Thanks for that Gus. I'm using Eva next trip so check in must open before 5pm then. That's good to know as I'm dropping the car off around 4pm so that would be perfect for me.

Glyn.

Thanks for that Gus. I'm using Eva next trip so check in must open before 5pm then. That's good to know as I'm dropping the car off around 4pm so that would be perfect for me.

Glyn.

I normally get there around 4pm ready for check in to open

I usually book the night flights that leave around midnight and get to the airport around 6pm...six hours early...I like to eat dinner at the lounge, read several news papers, and have some drinks....all part of the fun, then I have a few more drinks and sleep on the airplane :whistling:

I always get to the airport no matter where i am about 4 hours prior to my flight for a good steak meal . and why take the risk of getting there too late and missing the flight as i have known plenty of people say they have .

On the way back, I check in early, but everyone tells me I'm too early, so, say for a 2.30 am flight from bkk to Amsterdam, I would book taxi for 8 pm from Pattaya to airport. I reckon on 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to airport, at that time of night, leaving me 1 hr plus until check in opens. You prob think I'm over cautious but its always a wrench whatever time you leave and especially when the bars are just getting into full swing!

I aim for 4-5 hours. I'd rather be bored at an airport than chewing my fingernails to the elbow on a late train. I do live 200+ miles from Heathrow/Gatwick though, if I was closer and less could go wrong, I'd leave later.

I use to bitch at having to arrive at Sacramento airport 2 hours early for my trips to LOS. My first flight was on a turbo prop to SFO 86 miles away and if my neighbor was also traveling to SFO on the same flight for a business meeting he would only have to arrive 1 hour early. I quit bitching about 4 years ago when SFO was fogged in and the connecting flight was cancelled. They put all paxs who had international connection in a rental van and drove us to SFO. Would not have made it if I had only arrived 1 hour early. Had the same experience last year.

I use to bitch at having to arrive at Sacramento airport 2 hours early for my trips to LOS. My first flight was on a turbo prop to SFO 86 miles away and if my neighbor was also traveling to SFO on the same flight for a business meeting he would only have to arrive 1 hour early. I quit bitching about 4 years ago when SFO was fogged in and the connecting flight was cancelled. They put all paxs who had international connection in a rental van and drove us to SFO. Would not have made it if I had only arrived 1 hour early. Had the same experience last year.

I would guess having to be there 2 hours before departure was for the domestic leg of the flight and that counts towards the Federal regulation requiring all passengers on International flights to check in 3 hours before departure. As I always comply, I don't know if it is really enforced or not.