Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

While staying at the Page 10 hotel on soi 10, I got to observe the completion of another hotel on the same soi, Sea Me Spring.

Personally I think this soi is a great location for jumping off to any other location except 3rd rd.

Sure would be nice if someone would post a report on the newest hotel on soi 10, Sea Me Spring.

Two more hotels on soi 10 are also being built.

• 2 weeks later...
Does that mean that Soi 10 is a building site with early morning disruption.

Glyn.

Nov '10, the Page 10 (near 2nd) it was quiet. The construction was more down the road.

Sea me Spring (about 2/3 of the way towards beach) was just being finished then, so I really do not know if it has a construction noise problem or not.

The building just "east" of Sea me Spring was still in "light deconstruction" as best I could tell.

Not clear where the other hotel was.

• 5 months later...

"Every Friday and Saturday 300b extra"?

$54 for the "me" room on Agoda.

If I was coming in for a week...maybe I'd check it out...but, for an extended stay..nah...as 4 weeks would run you $1500.00, and that's b/4 yer mini-bar charges.

• Upvote 1

How is the construction noise on soi 10 currently? Any guess when constructions will be completed?

The adjacent structure just east is in that "who knows what is going on" stage where you have various crews tearing out the existing infrastructure. That will not be over anytime soon. The noise will vary. I suspect if you can book a room on the west side it is not an issue.

I simply did not notice the state of the construction across the soy (I was at Page 10 and walked down the soy to beach every day). It was not as "busy" as that on the south side of the soy, but I have no idea if it might have any pile-driving or other heavy work planned in the future.

Edited by exwannabe
  • 2 months later...

The main construction is finished on the adjacent hotels but the state of the road is appalling. Walking from second road down to the hotel is ok, but the concrete surface is badly torn up. From Sea Me Spring to beach road is a construction site. They're basically digging up the entire road and putting in a big storm drain. So no need for alarm in the morning, the pile driving will be enough to get you up. I'm booked in for my duration using Agoda so pretty fecked. If I knew the state of the road and construction on same I would have avoided. Nice hotel though, cannot fault it and the staff have been top notch. Sandy Spring probably would have been better.

FYI....1/2 of the Sea Me Spring rooms face out to Tip Plaza and Tip Plaza has become a thriving day/night market....

sept2011077.jpg

...complete with loudspeaker music during the day and car shows with those monster sound systems at night....

FYI....1/2 of the Sea Me Spring rooms face out to Tip Plaza and Tip Plaza has become a thriving day/night market....

...complete with loudspeaker music during the day and car shows with those monster sound systems at night....

Ahhh!! Very useful information.

FYI....1/2 of the Sea Me Spring rooms face out to Tip Plaza

and Tip Plaza has become a thriving day/night market....

True. It's a temporary situation for "a few months".

These shop were from the main part of the "Made in Thailand" market on 2nd Rd.

This part as been destroyed and they are now making a new big building for this market.

They will return in "Made in Thailand" ASAP.

Agree that Sea Me is not the place to stay now :uh-uh:

Several building works around; This market on the back; Access street becoming unusable soon;...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone who has stayed at this hotel recently or currently tell us how the noise level during the day and night is from inside the room? :beer

I just spent last weekend there for 2 nights,i normally stay at the Sandy Springs hotel but this will become my new favourite.The hotel is brand new and squeaky clean and the rooms are great.I paid $65,00 Aus per night through Agoda which is about 1900 baht...i was not bothered by any noise but then again i didnt get home till about 4 in the morn and i was staying in a room opposite the works..They are digging out the soi at the moment and it is a bit of a pain getting to and fro but once it's all finished it will all be good...but from what i could see,you could expect some/a lot of noise if your room is facing Soi 10

Bloody hell, Agoda want 7858 baht per night over Xmas for the cheapest room a Me deluxe

The Me room they want 22679 baht PER NIGHT which they tell me is a 50% discount.

I wonder if it includes breakfast :P

What does it mean: They dig up the soi? Isn't the hotell accessible with car or motorbike?

From the photos of this soi that i have seen on another board, i would think that cars/taxis would either drop you off at the top or bottom of this soi, and then you would have to make your own way to the hotel by foot.

Thanx firth. Guess noone know if the distance from the hotel to Beach Rd will be finished until late January, TIT (?)

Well I moved in there on the 4th of Oct, they were at the beach road end. By the 26th Oct when I was departing they had just reached the Sea Me Spring. Would it be fair to say that was a quarter of the road length? 22 days for a quarter you can work the rest out. The main problem I could see then, they were not repairing the road behind them. Can only assume they're going to resurface once all the drain work is done, if that's the case don't think many non 4 x 4's are going to get down there.

I got the information from the hotel saying it's now accesible from Beach Rd. But not from 2nd Rd, and she couldn't tell when or approx when it would be.

Unless 2nd Rd is reachable by foot (or take a motorbike taxi) it makes it a bit tricky If going to soi Diana/soi LK Metro or soi Buakaw. Quite a luxury

problem, but still ...

I got the information from the hotel saying it's now accesible from Beach Rd. But not from 2nd Rd, and she couldn't tell when or approx when it would be.

Unless 2nd Rd is reachable by foot (or take a motorbike taxi) it makes it a bit tricky If going to soi Diana/soi LK Metro or soi Buakaw. Quite a luxury

problem, but still ...

you can always walk to Beach Road, turn left and cut through Tip Plaza back up to 2nd rd...not much of a walk really as See Me is a wee bit closer to the beach than 2nd Road.