Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Kessaya (now Hallmark) motorbike rentals review

OK perhaps this review needs to be taken with a grain of salt as I have only used this place to rent a bike once. Here is a description of my experience with them.

1. I made a online reservation a few months back and got conformation that the bike was rented.(no deposit but I think this changed)

2. About a week before I arrived I got a email conformation letter just checking up and making sure I was still planning on renting the bike.

3. When I got to Pattaya I called and told them who I was and that I had a bike reserved. His response was Yes you do where and when would you like it delivered.

4. We agreed on a time and he showed up right on time with the specific bike I requested.

5. The last day of the rental I got a sms bike finished today where and when would you like it picked up?

6.He was running a little late on picking it up so he sent me a text letting me know he would be a few minutes late so I wasn't sitting in the lobby waiting for him.

This was the easiest and most professional rental of Anything (room or otherwise) I have ever had in Thailand. No BS, no price haggling, no waiting or having to go find the place to pick it up. They advertised a quality bike at a reasonable price. What I got was the exact bike I asked for in great condition delivered on time in a professional manner and at a great price. In a place where long waits, deals changing,reservations "lost" and who knows what else this great customer service was just unexpected and appreciated and I thought I should point others toward Kessaya.

By the way, yes it was a great price at 600 a week or 2k a month. I only know of 2 other places that I can get a bike at these prices and with no where near the professionalism.

http://kessayamotorbikerentals.com/

5366719760_4b04fd446f.jpg

5366107203_8ece1a2801.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It may be worth noting that Kessaya Motorbike Rentals has changed name to Hallmark Motorbike Rentals. Nothing but the name has changes (a domain issue I think), but all the same.   I have rented (

OK?

Just received a PM from Mark ... all is good. send him an email using this address: kessayamotorbikerentals@gmail.com

Posted Images

I'll second everything you wrote. I rented a scooter from Mark back in October and his customer service is second to none. We had a little mix up on the date to be delivered so when I called him on the day I thought we agreed on he informed me the bike was already there and he came right over to give me the keys. I also had a little issue with the flood on Second Rd and completely waterlogged the scooter. I called Mark first thing the following morning to get a recommendation on where I should take it to have to have it dried out and instead he came by picked it up, took the bike in to be fixed and delivered back to me later that day.

His prices were cheaper than anywhere else I checked and he provided a good helmet along with a cheaper second one for a small fee.

Mark is also one of the friendliest guys I have meet in Pattaya and I look forward to renting from him again on my next trip.

The only pic I have of the scooter I rented

101___10_00114.jpg

Edited by wetwillie

Awesome, reminds me I need to reserve a bike too for my Feb. trip. So what's the name of that bike you rented? How many cc and did it have good kick to it? I may need something with a little oomph in case I ride to Ban Chang, last time I rode there I had a little trouble getting up the hill. Which bike would you recommend?

Those are great prices for a Nouvo.

Better than that. It's a Nouvo elegance which most are charging extra for. Most places are charging 1000 baht a month more for the elegance, than the regular Nouvo.

Better than that. It's a Nouvo elegance which most are charging extra for. Most places are charging 1000 baht a month more for the elegance, than the regular Nouvo.

Ok, based on that, it's the best deal in town aside from stealing one.

Ok, based on that, it's the best deal in town aside from stealing one.

I was thinking the same thing. Since I'm renting an elegance now, you can bet I'll be giving them a call in the next day or two. Speaking of stealing. I parked at Carfour today, and someone cut the strap on my helmet and stole it. I don't wear one of those cheap Thai helmets that everyone wears. But they really aren't that expensive here. Why would someone want a good helmet, with only half a strap?

I was thinking the same thing. Since I'm renting an elegance now, you can bet I'll be giving them a call in the next day or two. Speaking of stealing. I parked at Carfour today, and someone cut the strap on my helmet and stole it. I don't wear one of those cheap Thai helmets that everyone wears. But they really aren't that expensive here. Why would someone want a good helmet, with only half a strap?

That's messed up. But I have seen a person with a cut strap before. :chogdee Seemed strange to me.

As far as Kessaya, those are very good prices. My last holiday, I rented from that 24 hour corner place on Soi Buakao between across from the new health center and near Soi Lenkee, the cost was 300 baht per day. Granted this was the New Year's high season and just for 3 days.

Next time I hope to try these guys at Kessaya.

FatherMojo

Thay might ask more but if you threaten to walk they will drop to the same price. I paid 3k last time for one. Can be had on the dark side for 2.5k, Or I can just email Mark and it showes up at my room for 2k.

I also bring a helmet from home. I peeled off all the stickers(DOT and name) and from a distance it looks like those 600b index ones.

Which one of Kessaya's bikes would you guys recommend? I need something with a bit more power, and enough under seat storage for a helmet.

I think the only ones that will fit a 3/4 helmet under the seat are the Elegance and the Suzuki Hayate. I have rode both. Yamaha is a 135 and Suzuki is a 125cc. I felt like the Suzuki had a little more power. But I didn't spend all that much time on it.

Awesome, reminds me I need to reserve a bike too for my Feb. trip. So what's the name of that bike you rented? How many cc and did it have good kick to it? I may need something with a little oomph in case I ride to Ban Chang, last time I rode there I had a little trouble getting up the hill. Which bike would you recommend?

I have ridden out to BC twice. We took 110-135cc and all worked fine. There is really only one minor hill right after Buddha Hill. Other than that it’s flat and you will probably be going 70-80. The power isn’t the issue IMO. It’s the fact that the bigger bikes seem to be a little more stable at speed and more comfortable for me. But I wouldn’t hesitate to ride a 110 airblade out there, though it wouldn’t be my first choice. And as I stated before my buddies 125 had more power than my 135. And my Airblade had more low end, which was nice in town. I honestly don’t think it matters a whole lot which you choose. I liked the storage of the Yamaha and Suzuki better and those would be my first choices. However a Click is a great little bike. I’m just not a fan of the open floor area . But I know some that buy them just for this feature. It’s a Honda and there’s no going wrong with a Honda. In other words I wouldn’t worry too much about it. They are all scooters and are going to drag ass up the hill. But that's only going to be about 2 minutes out of your entire trip. :rolleyes:

I have only heard terrific reports about Kessaya and the fella that runs it, one small word of warning re bike capacity most travel insurance only covers you for 125 cc, the Yamaha in the picture is 135cc, I guess if the worst happened and you had a prang no one would check.

But with loss adjustors looking to avoid payment you may wind up with the bill, check your insurance would be my advice.

His prices are very good, places want 3500 for that yamaha

I have only heard terrific reports about Kessaya and the fella that runs it, one small word of warning re bike capacity most travel insurance only covers you for 125 cc, the Yamaha in the picture is 135cc, I guess if the worst happened and you had a prang no one would check.

But with loss adjustors looking to avoid payment you may wind up with the bill, check your insurance would be my advice.

His prices are very good, places want 3500 for that yamaha

Actually when I made my original reservation he informed me of this and recommended I check W/ my insurance company. Didn’t affect me but it just surprised me that Mark took the time to inform me of this.

Thanks for all the nice comments here,we do try to give a good level of customer service as if you get it right first time the customer will return in most cases.

We are now virtually booked up solid for February,I would recommend to anyone thinking of renting from us to book via the website as soon as you have a flight,it's rare for us to have bikes available over the phone for the next day.

Again many thanks for the comments,nice to know we're getting it right.

Damn, Kessaya is all booked for Feb.

Anyone have any recommendations for another good motobike rental place? Preferably one that will deliver to my hotel.

I Have always used this company in the past, been going since 1995 and very professionally run also by a western outfit.

Below is their card.

post-23758-1296069084.jpg

Contradicting yourself a little here aren't you "logan" ? :whistling:

I Have always used this company in the past, been going since 1995 and very professionally run also by a western outfit.

Below is their card.

logan

Jan 13 2011, 01:17 AM

Post #15

Advanced Poster

Group: Participant

Member No.: 23758

I agree biggles, I would not ride a bike in Pattaya when on holiday, its a quick way to ruin your stay and I would advise anyone not to either, with the baht buses you really don't need to.

--------------------

I LOVE THAILAND

Contradicting yourself a little here aren't you "logan" ? :chogdee

logan

Jan 13 2011, 01:17 AM

Post #15

Advanced Poster

Group: Participant

Member No.: 23758

I agree biggles, I would not ride a bike in Pattaya when on holiday, its a quick way to ruin your stay and I would advise anyone not to either, with the baht buses you really don't need to.

--------------------

I LOVE THAILAND

Maybe he gets them to send some business to Canterbury Tales.................methinks 'Logan' and DaveCanterbury are one and the same :chogdee

Well this is me far laft, :whistling: many people know I am a pal of Dave and he runs a good business, as for bikes I always warn people if they are not experienced dont drive one here in Thailand, if you really have to use a reputable company with all their business in order such as Mai Pang who have been going for many years.

I can be found very often in Canterbury Tales Cafe or on the lash with Dave and a few others, pop in and say Hello and I will introduce myself but please dont call me a liar, sound like paranoia is contagious.

post-23758-1296404285.jpg

Well this is me far laft, :whistling: many people know I am a pal of Dave and he runs a good business, as for bikes I always warn people if they are not experienced dont drive one here in Thailand, if you really have to use a reputable company with all their business in order such as Mai Pang who have been going for many years.

I can be found very often in Canterbury Tales Cafe or on the lash with Dave and a few others, pop in and say Hello and I will introduce myself but please dont call me a liar, sound like paranoia is contagious.

Never called you a liar, now it makes sense why you keep bumping the Canterbury Threads...........maybe i'll just do that :clueless

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all the nice comments here,we do try to give a good level of customer service as if you get it right first time the customer will return in most cases.

We are now virtually booked up solid for February,I would recommend to anyone thinking of renting from us to book via the website as soon as you have a flight,it's rare for us to have bikes available over the phone for the next day.

Again many thanks for the comments,nice to know we're getting it right.

March is 99% booked with just the odd week available for a couple of bikes.April's going quickly too now.

Thanks again for the custom,we do appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say I used Kessayes in march for a month. Mike is very helpful and prompt in answering the phone and emails. Dropped off and picked up the bike at the hotel and the bike was trouble free. I highly reccomend him and his service.

:whistling: