Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I stayed at the Le Katai for a little over 3 weeks in Jan. Just thought I would do a little review of what I thought of the place.

Positives:

It's in a great location right next to LK Metro but with out all the noise at night.

Good double blinds for sleeping in.

They use top sheets in the bed. I like this a lot better than the no top sheet GHes.

Rooms are reasonably priced (mine was 550b in high season)

Reservations are honored. Mine was screwed up and they didn't have a room for me so the gave me a balcony room for the agreed upon small room price.

In loom safe(though poorly mounted)

***The staff is friendly and helpful***

restaurant down stairs.

I could park my bike inside between the buildings at night. Makes me feel a little better than leaving it on the street.

Big fridge W/no mini bar, I prefer to stock it myself.

Pay upon check out policy. Well I guess that's the policy. After I had been there a week I just went down stairs W/5k and gave it to them at reception not really knowing the policy or having been asked for money. Then settled up for the rest before checkout. I was never asked for money upfront. I just didn't really want to not pay anything till I checked out. Just felt the way I did it was a little more fair for everyone.

Negetives: I'm really not too picky and didn't mind any of these things other than the internet. But I felt that I should point them out in order to do a fair review.

There's a little much Thai mentality at times. Ex. My doorknob didn't operate properly. They said "many Falang have problem W/ lock" and showed me how to pull and jimmy it open. If I had came home in the middle of the night I would have been locked out. And I had friends try to get it open which were also unsuccessful so it wasn't just me. It finally fell apart when I was closing the door and they finally replaced it.

Only clean room if you put out the please clean room sign. Again no big deal but they didn't tell me till after my room didn't get cleaned and I asked. This policy seems out of the norm to me and I would have appreciated it if the explained it to me upon check in. The cleaner also didn't show up one other day when the sign was out.

The safe was improperly mounted. Could be pulled down with one good tug.

No good chill out area down stairs. I like when places have couches to sit at and people watch down stairs. The restaurant was always fairly busy and I never felt right about just chilling out down there. They normally needed all the space they could get. But it did get better the further away from New Years it got. And late night there was always room.

The internet sucked. When it worked it was good. But there were times the router needed to be reset to get it working again. Sounds easy right, well no. The router was in room 19 so they couldn't just go reset it like normal places. They had to wait and go into someones room when they could to reset it. This stupid setup resulted in a lot of downtime of the internet. IMO the crappy internet setup is the biggest negative about staying at this GH. It was down 3 or 4 days of my stay.

Just to point out: No 24 hour reception. Not an issue for me. But I know it is for a lot of guys so I figured I'd point it out.

How does it stand up against the other places I have stayed?

Billabong: The Billabong is nicer. But I won't stay there due to constant noise and parties/band

Murphys Law: Le Katai is much better in every way.

Killkenny: About the same in terms of quality. However Kilkenny has that LK noise.

Tropical Berts: About the same in terms of quality. Though Le Katai is in a much better location IMO

Nirun condos: OK this is a condo so maybe not a fair comparison but I would take my Nirun condo over any of the mentioned hotels. But it just wasn't possible to get one for such a short trip in high season. But I really liked staying there and at 4-5k a month it's hard to beat IMO.

SkyTop: La Katai is much nicer and in a better location IMO.

So over all what did I think of the place. I liked it. Would I recommend it to a friend? If internet isn't important to them then absolutely. If they ever offer 350b a night again in low season I feel you won't find better GH for the price. The best part of the place was the staff. This has been true of most of the places I have stayed and the reason I stay at GHes rather than hotels. I really had a good time bringing home food late night and hanging out and sharing W/the staff when I didn't have a BF. I felt that for 550b a night in high season it was a good value.

http://lekataipattaya.com/

5377898308_97ffbcd614.jpg

5377898500_00ef676458.jpg

5377299101_29146d7a92.jpg

5377974712_9574e8662e.jpg

5377974516_e37df87743.jpg

I stayed at the Le Katai for a little over 3 weeks in Jan. Just thought I would do a little review of what I thought of the place.

Positives:

It's in a great location right next to LK Metro but with out all the noise at night.

Good double blinds for sleeping in.

They use top sheets in the bed. I like this a lot better than the no top sheet GHes.

Rooms are reasonably priced (mine was 550b in high season)

Reservations are honored. Mine was screwed up and they didn't have a room for me so the gave me a balcony room for the agreed upon small room price.

In loom safe(though poorly mounted)

***The staff is friendly and helpful***

restaurant down stairs.

I could park my bike inside between the buildings at night. Makes me feel a little better than leaving it on the street.

Big fridge W/no mini bar, I prefer to stock it myself.

Pay upon check out policy. Well I guess that's the policy. After I had been there a week I just went down stairs W/5k and gave it to them at reception not really knowing the policy or having been asked for money. Then settled up for the rest before checkout. I was never asked for money upfront. I just didn't really want to not pay anything till I checked out. Just felt the way I did it was a little more fair for everyone.

Negetives: I'm really not too picky and didn't mind any of these things other than the internet. But I felt that I should point them out in order to do a fair review.

There's a little much Thai mentality at times. Ex. My doorknob didn't operate properly. They said "many Falang have problem W/ lock" and showed me how to pull and jimmy it open. If I had came home in the middle of the night I would have been locked out. And I had friends try to get it open which were also unsuccessful so it wasn't just me. It finally fell apart when I was closing the door and they finally replaced it.

Only clean room if you put out the please clean room sign. Again no big deal but they didn't tell me till after my room didn't get cleaned and I asked. This policy seems out of the norm to me and I would have appreciated it if the explained it to me upon check in. The cleaner also didn't show up one other day when the sign was out.

The safe was improperly mounted. Could be pulled down with one good tug.

No good chill out area down stairs. I like when places have couches to sit at and people watch down stairs. The restaurant was always fairly busy and I never felt right about just chilling out down there. They normally needed all the space they could get. But it did get better the further away from New Years it got. And late night there was always room.

The internet sucked. When it worked it was good. But there were times the router needed to be reset to get it working again. Sounds easy right, well no. The router was in room 19 so they couldn't just go reset it like normal places. They had to wait and go into someones room when they could to reset it. This stupid setup resulted in a lot of downtime of the internet. IMO the crappy internet setup is the biggest negative about staying at this GH. It was down 3 or 4 days of my stay.

Just to point out: No 24 hour reception. Not an issue for me. But I know it is for a lot of guys so I figured I'd point it out.

How does it stand up against the other places I have stayed?

Billabong: The Billabong is nicer. But I won't stay there due to constant noise and parties/band

Murphys Law: Le Katai is much better in every way.

Killkenny: About the same in terms of quality. However Kilkenny has that LK noise.

Tropical Berts: About the same in terms of quality. Though Le Katai is in a much better location IMO

Nirun condos: OK this is a condo so maybe not a fair comparison but I would take my Nirun condo over any of the mentioned hotels. But it just wasn't possible to get one for such a short trip in high season. But I really liked staying there and at 4-5k a month it's hard to beat IMO.

SkyTop: La Katai is much nicer and in a better location IMO.

So over all what did I think of the place. I liked it. Would I recommend it to a friend? If internet isn't important to them then absolutely. If they ever offer 350b a night again in low season I feel you won't find better GH for the price. The best part of the place was the staff. This has been true of most of the places I have stayed and the reason I stay at GHes rather than hotels. I really had a good time bringing home food late night and hanging out and sharing W/the staff when I didn't have a BF. I felt that for 550b a night in high season it was a good value.

http://lekataipattaya.com/

5377898308_97ffbcd614.jpg

5377898500_00ef676458.jpg

5377299101_29146d7a92.jpg

5377974712_9574e8662e.jpg

5377974516_e37df87743.jpg

I have been staying at Le Katai for the last 6 years or so. Was good friends with Andy, who has now moved to VN. I think the above is a fairly well balanced report. I think the place is good value, had the double room suite last time on the newest part of the building, since they expanded the hotel and restaurant/bar area by acquiring the bar that was next door. Danny, his partner runs the place now.

I have never had any problems with the place, except for superficial things that have been fixed straight away. Its always pretty full, even in low season, which indicates a lot of return custom. Its really easy to book via email to Danny, and always get a prompt reply and choice of available rooms.

I am sure there are better places, but for the price, I find it very reasonable and well located. The food downstairs is also pretty good, and found myself eating there a lot on my last trip. Not much of a girl scene at night though, as mentioned. Drink and food prices are very reasonable.

Excellent report and for 550bht good value. However having stayed at the "Kilkenny" several times I have to say from looking at your room pics it's nowhere approaching the quality of the Kilkenny, either in size/furnishings or cleaning/linen change services. On a Mothly basis not much difference in price also. :whistling:

Cannot say for certain things will remain same at Kilkenny though as the "Champagne" owner has purchased it.

Excellent report and for 550bht good value. However having stayed at the "Kilkenny" several times I have to say from looking at your room pics it's nowhere approaching the quality of the Kilkenny, either in size/furnishings or cleaning/linen change services. On a Mothly basis not much difference in price also. :whistling:

Cannot say for certain things will remain same at Kilkenny though as the "Champagne" owner has purchased it.

Where is Kilkenny Stevo?

The rooms even top ones seem very basic?

Where is Kilkenny Stevo?

The rooms even top ones seem very basic?

Right on the "Bend" on SOI LKMetro, 2 doors up from "Devil's Den" (very handy!!) Believe me rooms are excellent both in value and service, otherwise wouldn't have had my repeat custom 4 times. As stated though, now sold to Jason of Champagne fame and rumoured to be converting to another GOGO! So what the future is for the rooms, I don't know. :kissing

132 Days till wheels up again! :P :P :bhappy

Edited by stevoman
Excellent report and for 550bht good value. However having stayed at the "Kilkenny" several times I have to say from looking at your room pics it's nowhere approaching the quality of the Kilkenny, either in size/furnishings or cleaning/linen change services. On a Mothly basis not much difference in price also. :thumbup

I haven’t stayed at the KK since the new owner took over, well it looks like 2 owners ago now. Stayed in a medium room there about a year and a half ago. If I were to stay on that corner again I prefer the Billabong. Though the KK did have better food as I remember. I'm sure the price wouldn't be 550 on a monthly rate. But if I stay a month or more I can half the monthly rates by staying in a condo and avoid the LK Metro noise.

I haven’t stayed at the KK since the new owner took over, well it looks like 2 owners ago now. Stayed in a medium room there about a year and a half ago. If I were to stay on that corner again I prefer the Billabong. Though the KK did have better food as I remember. I'm sure the price wouldn't be 550 on a monthly rate. But if I stay a month or more I can half the monthly rates by staying in a condo and avoid the LK Metro noise.

How do condos compare to hotels?

A restaurant isn't necessary in the building as there so many about.

As of 3 Months ago,

The price for a Medium room was 16000 bht MONTHLY

The price for a large room was 18000 bht MONTHLY.

Both were discounted by 10% for Forum Members (including bar/food bill) so either 14,400 or 16,200 MONTHLY! Would you please give me a clue as where these "CONDOS" of comparable quality/size/furnishings are,around 45 sq metres, c/w large balcony, preferably in Pattaya, for either 7200bht or 8100bht per MONTH, including ALL utilities and Daily cleaning/linen changes as I am looking for such a bargain for my next 4 week trip in June.

Thanking you in anticipation. :hairout :whistling: :whistling:

PS It also needs to be quieter and as safe as Soi LKmetro! :rolleyes:

Edited by stevoman
As of 3 Months ago,

Both were discounted by 10% for Forum Members (including bar/food bill) so either 14,400 or 16,200 MONTHLY! Would you please give me a clue as where these "CONDOS" of comparable quality/size/furnishings are,around 45 sq metres, c/w large balcony, preferably in Pattaya, for either 7200bht or 8100bht per MONTH, including ALL utilities and Daily cleaning/linen changes as I am looking for such a bargain for my next 4 week trip in June.

Thanking you in anticipation. :hairout :whistling: :whistling:

PS It also needs to be quieter and as safe as Soi LKmetro! :rolleyes:

Are there parts of Pattaya you think are not safe Stevo?

As of 3 Months ago,

Thanking you in anticipation. :whistling: :chogdee :lovee

PS It also needs to be quieter and as safe as Soi LKmetro! :gone

I have no idea. My condo was nothing close to that quality. It was 5k and in a Thai building. But I really liked it and it had a pool and what not. We are comparing apples and oranges here. But for me if staying a month that's where I would stay. If looking for something nice and willing to be further from the action I would probably stay at the Nova group(I think it was them about 12k) building in Nakula. But I'm not willing to be that far from the action and not enough little food places around for me. I have stayed on LK for about a month in the past and it's not for me. It is IMO the best place in Pattaya to stay on a short holiday. But after a month it started to wear on me and I was happy to move out. I liked being able to have all the madness on demand but be able to retire for the night away from all of it. I guess that's kind of why I originally looked at the Le Katia. If I am to stay on LK again I will stay at the BB or perhaps give the Metro Apartments a try.

The KK isn't a bad place. I'm not trying to knock it in any way. I wouldn't tell somebody not to stay there. But in that area and price range I prefer the BB. Here was my room at the KK if anybody cares.

3770886727_9b7d807776.jpg

3771688972_512a827518.jpg

3770930135_a09a291a1c.jpg

3770929669_d8382171b4.jpg

My little condo

4818215609_454bf696e6.jpg

4818215615_59c42aa9c5.jpg

Can't find any pics from the BB at the moment I will add some if I find them.

I have no idea. My condo was nothing close to that quality. It was 5k and in a Thai building. But I really liked it and it had a pool and what not. We are comparing apples and oranges here. But for me if staying a month that's where I would stay. If looking for something nice and willing to be further from the action I would probably stay at the Nova group(I think it was them about 12k) building in Nakula. But I'm not willing to be that far from the action and not enough little food places around for me. I have stayed on LK for about a month in the past and it's not for me. It is IMO the best place in Pattaya to stay on a short holiday. But after a month it started to wear on me and I was happy to move out. I liked being able to have all the madness on demand but be able to retire for the night away from all of it. I guess that's kind of why I originally looked at the Le Katia. If I am to stay on LK again I will stay at the BB or perhaps give the Metro Apartments a try.

The KK isn't a bad place. I'm not trying to knock it in any way. I wouldn't tell somebody not to stay there. But in that area and price range I prefer the BB. Here was my room at the KK if anybody cares.

3770886727_9b7d807776.jpg

3771688972_512a827518.jpg

3770930135_a09a291a1c.jpg

3770929669_d8382171b4.jpg

My little condo

4818215609_454bf696e6.jpg

4818215615_59c42aa9c5.jpg

Can't find any pics from the BB at the moment I will add some if I find them.

Maybe our wires got crossed somewhere as I believe you stayed at the NIRAN Condos, which I agree are indeed value for money! But as I stay for only 4 weeks at a time, and refuse to risk life & Lim :clueless b on a moto at my time of life, I look for something handier and more comfortable!

Are there parts of Pattaya you think are not safe Stevo?

Too many areas for me to list for an older unfit guy who drinks to much and staggers home in the early hours! I refuse to mount a moto or rent one! :clueless

Even JOMTIEN is an intrepid journey to me!

Edited by stevoman

Hotels have maid service and clean sheets every day and maybe 24 hour security to check IDs and mostly wi fi internet. Imho, there isn't much of a saving in staying in a condo.

A restaurant isn't necessary in the building as there so many about.

Dont listen to fools who visit once every 5 years, the condo I am staying at the guard knows the girl who stays with me say 5 nights out of 7 , if I bring another home he asks them for id, I am not sure if all condos do this but mine is good for it.

I stayed at LKetai whilst looking for a condo I was maybe there 4 months maybe 5, the place is good value for money funny enough I stayed in the room in the picture for the 1st month its room 16 at the front, I had to move a few times as people had booked various rooms the staff I found very good a few times I locked my key in the door and they sorted it for me.

No theft from the cleaners like other places, there were a few plumbing problems and air con but they fixed them all well enough.

I did read a person on here bad mouthing the place, calling it "cheap" and stuff like that but its value for money not the Ritz though.

I wonder if it would help the forum if people had hpw many weeks they had spent in Los before replying I read guys that have spent days here and they are experts, still I guess thay can be what they want on forums :rolleyes:

Maybe Donald Trump is a member :whistling: :rolleyes:

Edited by lemon face
Dont listen to fools who visit once every 5 years, the condo I am staying at the guard knows the girl who stays with me say 5 nights out of 7 , if I bring another ho,e he asks them for id, I am not sure if all condos do this but mine is good for it.

I stayed at LKetai whilst looking for a condo I was maybe there 4 months maybe 5, the place is good value for money funny enough I stayed in the room in the picture for the 1st month its room 16 at the front, I had to move a few times as people had booked various rooms the staff I found very good a few times I locked my key in the door and they sorted it for me.

No theft from the cleaners like other places, there were a few plumbing problems and air con but they fixed them all well enough.

I did read a person on here bad mouthing the place, calling it "cheap" and stuff like that but its value for money not the Ritz though.

I wonder if it would help the forum if people had hpw many weeks they had spent in Los before replying I read guys that have spent days here and they are experts, still I guess thay can be what they want on forums :thumbup

Maybe Donald Trump is a member :rolleyes: :allright

Can we assume you and Donald want to keep the Condo a secret?

He will never declare where he stays :rolleyes: He's a blowhard.

Put your address up here then mouth peice :hairout

You tell everyone you are a knife weilding gangster, well I am calling you a card board cut out...

Where is your address ?

Why dont you save your abuse for when you comne to Pattaya if you ever will ? you are welcome to meet me and cut me :chogdee

Or try big time :allright

Edited by lemon face
Put your address up here then mouth peice :hairout

You tell everyone you are a knife wielding gangster, well I am calling you a card board cut out...

Where is your address ?

Why don't you save your abuse for when you come to Pattaya if you ever will ? you are welcome to meet me and cut me :rolleyes:

Or try big time :alright

It is said he likes to go to a knife fight with a gun, so not completely silly.

Put your address up here then mouth peice :whistling:

You tell everyone you are a knife weilding gangster, well I am calling you a card board cut out...

Where is your address ?

Why dont you save your abuse for when you comne to Pattaya if you ever will ? you are welcome to meet me and cut me :chogdee

Or try big time :allright

You have been trying to bully old unfit BMs by asking them into the boxing ring. I think it's to make up for your homosexuality. You have now had PL mods to close all your gay threads. Up to you. But if your such a tough guy wanting to take old guys into the boxing ring, then why do you hide?

Because you called me a sex case online. So I retalliated online. Why didn't you wait to call me a sex case in Pattaya?

Now you are in a GayRage because I talked about the worst kept secret in Patts.........That your gay. If you had never called me a sex case, then I wouldn't have had to retalliate. Blame yourself.

Gangsters actually use guns :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen me try to get old guys to fight? Or wait until a guy was falling down drunk in LK Metro and try to pick a fight with him? Like I read you did?

It is said he likes to go to a knife fight with a gun, so not completely silly.

Thanks mate :thumbup

I have never said anything to him about cutting him. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Stop threadfucking LemonFace. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. We all know your a raging queer now , and gutless bully of old men. Suck it up and move on, and next time , think before you go attacking people online as some bite back :allright But FFS stop boring everybody with your bitching. Take the retalliation on the chin, like a man.