Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mr T--Very Unprofessional Service

It seems to me that many of the posters, except the OP and a few others, feel Mr T is one of the better taxi service in Pattaya. The lesson learned here is when traveling to a foreign country that does not speak your native language, you should print out a map or instructions in that country's language. I think it is time to stop blaming Mr T and his staff for something that could have been avoided with a little fore thought. :whistling:

+1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Mr T's style. I'm gonna book with him for my trip in March.

It seems to me that many of the posters, except the OP and a few others, feel Mr T is one of the better taxi service in Pattaya. The lesson learned here is when traveling to a foreign country that does not speak your native language, you should print out a map or instructions in that country's language. I think it is time to stop blaming Mr T and his staff for something that could have been avoided with a little fore thought. :rolleyes:

+ 2

Made arrangements prior to coming for Mr T to pick me up at the airport. I was arriving at 11pm. The driver met me at the airport which was the best part, and from there it went downhill. The driver didn't seem to speak or understand any English. I told him that I was staying at Canterbury Tales Cafe, and he didn't seem to know or understand where that was.

Hi

If I emailed a taxi co, and they assured me they were aware and knew my ultimate destination, I'd expect the driver to know where he was going. Giving the OP a hard time because he had no map, number or contact details is a bit unfair because I'll wager most of the people here have, at one time or another risked it when visiting somewhere or even on their regular trip to Patts not bothered to take the details. Kind of hypocritical if you're one of those.

Butch, read the part of the OP where he says he merely inquired about a pick up from the airport. There is nothing in there that says he had been assured that they knew his ultimate destination. It looks to me like the Mr. T arrangement was to go from the airport to Pattaya, and it was only when the driver arrived that the "ultimate destination" was divulged.

I'd be interested to know if the OP actually told Mr. T or the dispatcher where he specifically wanted to go. From what I have seen posted, that was not until the OP was picked up by the driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

MM I can't buy that, what was stopping the driver asking someone to give directions or translate in the case of a misunderstanding?.

Also i thought arrangements with Mr T were made via email, he said it had been made previously, and it would have no doubt included the name of the hotel. Whenever I book a taxi, I always include the name of the hotel and the address. maybe we should ask the OP if he had informed him of the ultimate destinstion. however, I can't honestly beleive the OP would simply ask for a drop off to Pattaya without a hotel to go to, it doesn't make sense.

I can't for a second believe MR T would let a driver pick up a farang & just do a simple pick up without having a specific drop off.

Edited by Butch
Hi

MM I can't buy that, what was stopping the driver asking someone to give directions or translate in the case of a misunderstanding?.

Also i thought arrangements with Mr T were made via email, he said it had been made previously, and it would have no doubt included the name of the hotel. Whenever I book a taxi, I always include the name of the hotel and the address. maybe we should ask the OP if he had informed him of the ultimate destinstion. however, I can't honestly beleive the OP would simply ask for a drop off to Pattaya without a hotel to go to, it doesn't make sense.

I can't for a second believe MR T would let a driver pick up a farang & just do a simple pick up without having a specific drop off.

can book both via email or phone

more than 60% of my customer never tell me where will they want to go in Pattaya.

only say need taxi to Pattaya.

when i ask they will answer that still waiting for hotel confirmation .

most of my customer know the way to go in Pattaya.

but if they come first time they will bring a map too.

What is he thinking ?

Taking his WIFE to Pattaya !

Some significant others are more fun in Pattaya than you might imagine. Biggest problem with mine was that she always wants to bring home a stunner :rolleyes:

Oh, that and she is a moody bitch who takes forever to get ready... um, maybe you are right! Oh wait, there that whole significant other and three bar girl nightly routine... :banghead

Some significant others are more fun in Pattaya than you might imagine. Biggest problem with mine was that she always wants to bring home a stunner :rolleyes:

Being charged Corkage.......

Edited by atlas2